and you know this is a build problem and not a design problem?????. How so. so many keyboard issues sounds like design ... unless they DESIGNED a keyboard that was difficult to install ... oh yah, still a design problem

another wild guess trashy , berry bashing thread ... whatever floats your boat
    As a end user I don't care how the keyboard works and how is designed. My only concern is if the device works or not. In this case I had to replace 3 devices, so from my angle of look this build quality is crappy.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 12:24 PM
    Wow, that thing is huge!

Posted via CB10
    That's what she said!

(ya knew it was gonna happen)

Fact is, there have been a number of phones that looked worse in pics than real life. The proof will come when it is released and seen in real life, and only then will we know the quality and feel.
    kbz1960, bungaboy and tatail like this.
    06-19-14 12:33 PM
    Never had problem with my Q10 found is a solidly built device. What keyboard defects you referring to?!

-
    06-19-14 12:38 PM
    That's what she said!

(ya knew it was gonna happen)
    Lol!

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-19-14 12:39 PM
    Never had problem with my Q10 found is a solidly built device. What keyboard defects you referring to?!

-
    Firstly I had "super sensitive" SYM key that worked only if you swiped over it, not if you pressed it. Then I had double typing issues two times - combination of E,R and M,N.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 12:41 PM
    Actually the only crappy device BlackBerry sells is made by Foxconn. The Z3 is a major departure, almost a regression, from the beautiful designs BlackBerry phones have to come have.

Posted via CB10
    As long it's reliable, the rest don't matter for most.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 12:48 PM
    I love Passport form factor, it will be a great attraction device where people will say "Oh wow what's that?". Being wide also makes it easier to type with two hands, read documents more comfortably and highest DPI and its the biggest screen with a keyboard.

Downside: Quality control, one hand typing will be difficult, and size might be a problem for some, losing space in video playback because of 1:1 ratio.
    I like it too! it just looks so different at first when i saw like 1 picture of it i was like "mehh it looks odd and whats up with that weird keyboard? yea ill probably go to the classic but then i saw it from different angles and i thought "wow now that looks like a futuristic bb" in my opinion lol im definitely going to wait for the passport. now the classic just looked like some of the older blackberry's btw no offense guys
    miguel89to likes this.
    06-19-14 12:49 PM
    Q10 disaster 2.0 coming! Worst news of the day.

Seems like Chen betting not many will buy this phone and betting the house on Foxconn for enterprise with Blackberry Classic and EM Z3.
    Er...what Q10 disaster??? I've had zero trouble with my phone. I haven't been this happy with a BlackBerry since the 9700.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    bungaboy and damien kupuku like this.
    06-19-14 12:50 PM
    I want my premium BlackBerry made by BlackBerry period

Posted via CB10
    It's not the only BlackBerry with problems, it spans from Curve to Bold to frankenstein Storm and flimsy Torch.

Posted via CB10
    Does BlackBerry premium mean expensive, underpowered and poor quality control?

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 12:51 PM
    I want my premium BlackBerry made by BlackBerry period

Posted via CB10
    They want snow in he11 too
    Supa_Fly1 and miguel89to like this.
    06-19-14 12:51 PM
    nooo! i felt the same way! do you still feel this way after you saw the candids of the phone in chens hand? its so much better than any picture we have seen leak thus far!
    06-19-14 12:53 PM
    Very ugly device

Posted via Q10
    I keep running into you saying the same thing.

Easy enough solution - don't buy this one. Buy one that better suits your taste.

See you in the next thread....

BlackBerry better not be betting the farm on it. Or will be another huge inventory write down. See if they learned their lesson this time. Probably not.
    in all reality the q10 keyboards have been double typing when you are pressing keys. i have been suffering with this as of late but i find it happens maybe once every 4-5 messages and i can early just correct it.
    06-19-14 12:55 PM
    Honestly this phone is THE thing. I could really see BlackBerry gaining a lot of its old users (as well as new ones). I mean that capacitive touch keyboard is quite revolutionary in its own regard, & the gigantic size of it catches the eye immediately, which would really appeal to a lot of people when they see it.
    06-19-14 12:59 PM
    Z10 and Z30 far from crappy. Well made devices.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah.. I ain't spotting flaws with my Z...
    06-19-14 01:01 PM
    in all reality the q10 keyboards have been double typing when you are pressing keys. i have been suffering with this as of late but i find it happens maybe once every 4-5 messages and i can early just correct it.
    Some might. Not all have. Mine is perfectly fine, types one letter at a time, unless I fatfinger it.

06-19-14 01:01 PM

Seems like Chen betting not many will buy this phone and betting the house on Foxconn for enterprise with Blackberry Classic and EM Z3.
    That's so they can certify that the hardware doesn't have any malicious content preloaded into it.

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    06-19-14 01:03 PM
    Some might. Not all have. Mine is perfectly fine, types one letter at a time, unless I fatfinger it.

Would you stop

You're supposed to be against them.
    06-19-14 01:03 PM
    BlackBerry better not be betting the farm on it. Or will be another huge inventory write down. See if they learned their lesson this time. Probably not.
    well, probably yes ,

the roll out of the Z3 and the new run of 9900s shows consciousness of sensible and safe manufacturing runs. They got burned badly with overly optimistic Z10 and Q10 production.

Not so much with Z30 and seems safe with Z3.

Expect more generous runs of "Classic" and lower for "The Beast", sorry "Passport". But they can turn on runs as necessary. They won't want to increase number in the "channel". That number is coming down nicely as phones gradually sell and written down Z10s and Q5 find homes.

Would seem like most Q10s and Z30s are selling, if slowly.
    06-19-14 01:08 PM

and you think the Classic is a Foxconn phone ....

don't let facts get in the way of a good point though
    06-19-14 01:12 PM
    Would you stop

You're supposed to be against them.
    Oh dang, yah, I forgot...I hate BlackBerry...right...

IT SUX!!! EWWWW!!!

Better?!? :-D

06-19-14 01:14 PM
    why do you say crappy? So far the only thing out of foxconn is the z3. im not overly excited by it. The z10 was a really nice solid build. I think the passport is the ugliest thing I have seen so really it doesnt matter who makes it to me its still was slapped with the ugly stick 100 times over
    missing the point of the Passport by

...this much -_-
    snapexp and Doggerz like this.
    06-19-14 01:14 PM
137 1234 ...