Every since I got the Passport with stock OS10.3 connecting to wifi was a nightmare. It would disconnect randomly and when I come home it would never reconnect. Now I have upgraded to 10.3.1 leaked hoping it would fix the problem but it is worst. Resetting the device the only way to fix the problem.

Anyone have this problem and recommend a fix?
    Spawn12 likes this.
    12-27-14 10:58 AM
    All (4) four of my families Passports work perfectly. Wifi instantly connects at all places. Call the BB support line.
    12-27-14 11:01 AM
    All (4) four of my families Passports work perfectly. Wifi instantly connects at all places. Call the BB support line.
    Maybe it's my router.
    12-27-14 11:05 AM
    I have the same issue with my Z30 bought couple of weeks ago.It throws up the "limited wifi connection" error every now and then.

This seems to be a very common problem atleast with the z10 and z30 and i have tried many solutions recommended in this forum like updating router firmware,factory resetting router, deleting the saved one and reconnecting wifi,disconnecting data before connecting wifi, updating phone firmware, changing wifi channel, disabling the encryption and what not

.I went stock 10.2 to 10.3.0.11154 and back to stock 10.2 but had this issue. Sometimes it resolves itself after 2-3 hours without doing anything

Today i have installed the hybrid 10.3.1.1154 and Radio 10.3.1.939 so far working fine . This is not conclusive as i had it working fine for 2-3 days even on stock 10.2 OS before showing the error
    12-27-14 11:09 AM
    My WiFi is fine same as good as Q10, however the problem that I have with passport is that it shows no bars. The connection is strong and auto connect in known WiFi networks.

Passport
    12-27-14 11:12 AM
    I can't say I've experienced any issues with any of my connections on the Passport.

I don't know if software is your issue. It may be hardware related.
    12-27-14 11:16 AM
    What an unbelievably mis-leading title for the thread, can a mod please change it to something else.

As for the wifi problem?? Mine is perfect whereas my Z30 was terrible with the network connection limited message popping up every few mins.

Posted via CB10
    anwar saeed1 likes this.
    12-27-14 11:17 AM
    Best Wi-FI ever in all three of my locations

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 11:25 AM
    Anyone have this problem and recommend a fix?
    Hey Smiley :-)

All our Passports now connects at least as good as all other devices, BUT - it was not an easy ride.

I believe some WiFi routers are more difficult than others, and with all the different functions now available it can be a jungle to fine-tune the connections.

Using the latest Asus RT87 router (ac/a/b/g), it took some adjustments before the Passport was happy.
    Strangely enough, using 1 router was OK, but we have a set-up with a next RT87 used in AP mode, and that is when the connection problems started with the Passport. On of the functions that caused problems, was the routers "roaming assistant" which should "kick-out" a client when signal strength gets below a certain dB. A next issue was with the "Inter-Access point handover" feature on the Passport. With this enabled, and with several SSID's available in the area, things were not stable.

Try adjust some of the WiFi parameters on your router, perhaps locking into a different channel would fix things. One thing to try first, If you have dual band support and enabled, turn it Off and force either 2.4 or 5Ghz mode only, both on the router and the Passport.
    Even better if your router support multiple networks, then set up one for the old stuff, and one for the new gadgets supporting new features.

My personal conclusion for all the issues, is that the Passport now supports so many different WiFi features, more than many, and used with routers witch various support of these, it can cause problems not experienced before.

After tuning everything here, we now have a very good WiFi connection with the Passport , long range, stable, and best bandwidth.

Good luck!
    anwar saeed1 likes this.
    12-27-14 11:49 AM
    I have 5 BB10 devices and PBs and non have this issue.

My Z10, Q10, Z30 running on OS10.2 and OS10.3.1 works perfectly fine. It's just the passport. Even my old PB connects fine.
    12-27-14 11:50 AM
    I must admit it gives less strong signal bars then previous phones (windows, iphone and q10/z10) but i dont see it disconnecting more often then other devices!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 12:08 PM
    Do you have a case on the passport? My wife was complaining about poor wifi on her iPhone recently and I suggested taking off the case... turns out that was the issue. Give that a try and see if that improves your situation.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 12:12 PM
    Do you have a case on the passport? My wife was complaining about poor wifi on her iPhone recently and I suggested taking off the case... turns out that was the issue. Give that a try and see if that improves your situation.

Posted via CB10
    I do have the blackberry's case. i'll give it a try
    12-27-14 03:15 PM
    Cool! Give us an update

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 04:53 PM
    Anwar...........how has it been since ?

I also have issues, i have 2 routers in the house and on one of those i have multiple APs, my Z30 and kids Iphone and Samsung all connect no issues at all.............the passport running on same 10.3.1.1154 as the z30 connects but gives me the "internet is limited" message all the time on the router with multiple APs, the PP does however connect to the other router no problems..........so t seems some issue vetween PP and router with multiple APS and SSIDs, although odd given the Z30 is fine........dont really want to change the router settings as everything else works fine......any ideas? change Radio on the PP ?
    12-31-14 11:46 AM
    Some say that WiFi issues has been "fixed" in the latest leaked OS 10.3.1.1949, - but that does not seem to be around for Passport yet... Those with Z30 should be able to test and verify
    12-31-14 11:51 AM
    Wifi connection is almost instant when I walk in the house, no issues at all. Perhaps it is a issue on your end with your wireless router?

Be sure the security type when connecting to your router with your passport matches the same security type with your router.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    12-31-14 11:35 PM
    I agree with op.. my wifi on Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1133 and my Passport is really bad compared to my mac and my ipad.. it is really troublesome. Most often it gets low signal reception, and at its worst, it fails to detect wifi at all. Sometimes it does detect it, but cannot connect at all. It happens to both of my BlackBerry 10 devices. It sometimes frustrates me. Changing the settings of the WiFi connection sometimes help. Don't out everything to automatic, but set it manually.
    01-01-15 01:07 AM
    Some say that WiFi issues has been "fixed" in the latest leaked OS 10.3.1.1949, - but that does not seem to be around for Passport yet... Those with Z30 should be able to test and verify
    I really wish that this is true.
    01-01-15 01:08 AM
    What does "Inter-Access point handover" do exactly?
    01-01-15 01:22 AM
    Anwar...........how has it been since ?

?
    No issues so far on my z30 after loading 10.3.1.1154 and Radio 10.3.1.939. Thanks to benbrawn322 for the hybrid autoloader in below thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...39/index5.html
    01-01-15 01:25 AM
    I am dreading they will push a 10.3.1 version to the passport that fails to fix the wifi & breaks other stuff... also, what will it be without flash?
    01-01-15 01:25 AM
    ok so my problems on the PP are solved.......not sure why this made a difference given my Z30 and iphone and samsung were all working on the current setup i have, but maybe the PP has some extras and it made a difference......current set up is the internet comes into house into phone companies router (one IP address) then from there I have my main house router which therefore has a different IP and subnet mask.......it seems there was some conflict on the PP with NAT or have 192.168.2.1 as main gateway not the normal 192.168.1.1.......so have changed main house router to be an access point of the phone companies router so now phone company 192.168.1.1 main house router 192.168.1.2 and all connections now in the house use same IP range and subnet and gateway.....dont know why but did this yesterday and all PP issues have gone and connects like a dream with no dropping issues since then.......hope it helps
    anwar saeed1 likes this.
    01-01-15 03:21 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=990264
    Sorted it, Passport sensitive to 5GHz range/channel. When initially blind to the 5GHz AC I had to tweak the router settings: mine was default set to 5.180GHz and suddenly detected when I changed to 5.200GHz, now I get 433Mbps! So different manufacturers/different baseline settings.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 04:44 PM
    I have had a "connection diasabled" message a couple of times over the past week. I am in multiple wifi zones throughout my day, and generally the PP joins quickly and seamlessly.

However when the disabled action happens, the phone will not connect to any of them. It was a pita at first, now a minor inconvenience. I have found i don't have to hard or soft reset, just switch airport mode on then off. All connections then restore as normal.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 05:15 PM
26 12