Hey guys, I am new to the BlackBerry world and have a question as to what warranties are provided on the products (Passport) purchased on Shopblackberry/Amazon? I am on T-Mobile and my only option seems to buy it unlocked but I just want a little peace of mind that if there was any defect to the unit there was a warranty to fall back upon. Also, after buying unlocked will I need to enter in an APN or will it automatically find it? Thank you all for your time.
    09-24-14 09:31 PM
    I don't know about the APN (hopefully it just works once you insert the SIM). However the manufacturer warranty should be honored either way as BlackBerry has made Amazon an official channel (they list it on the BlackBerry website as "where to buy").

Posted via CB10
    Joao Oliveira and konfuesious like this.
    09-24-14 10:32 PM
    Hey guys, I am new to the BlackBerry world and have a question as to what warranties are provided on the products (Passport) purchased on Shopblackberry/Amazon? I am on T-Mobile and my only option seems to buy it unlocked but I just want a little peace of mind that if there was any defect to the unit there was a warranty to fall back upon. Also, after buying unlocked will I need to enter in an APN or will it automatically find it? Thank you all for your time.
    The warranty is not based on the merchant but rather BlackBerry does a 1 year warranty to the original owner on all its hand sets. Since it is the same price at both places I would buy it from Amazon without even thinking twice, as they have excellent customer service in case you have any problems.

Regarding needing an APN for T-Mobile - I found using other BlackBerry phones including my Z30 currently that I've never had to mess with that setting. With unlocked BlackBerry phones it has been put in the T-Mobile SIM card and go.

Posted via CB10
    konfuesious likes this.
    09-24-14 10:50 PM
    Also if you have Amazon Prime you can get overnight shipping for free.
    konfuesious likes this.
    09-24-14 10:56 PM
    You don't have to worry about APN. Once the card is inserted, the phone will take care of the rest.

Posted via CB10
    konfuesious likes this.
    09-24-14 11:05 PM
    Also if you have Amazon Prime you can get overnight shipping for free.
    Well, $3.99 but close... that's what I did at least. I've never has issues with amazon and heard way too many horror stories with shopblackberry.com...

Posted via CB10
    konfuesious likes this.
    09-24-14 11:06 PM
    Well, $3.99 but close... that's what I did at least. I've never has issues with amazon and heard way too many horror stories with shopblackberry.com...

Sorry, you're correct about the $3.99. To me it's a no-brainer to go with Amazon over shop blackberry.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 12:16 AM
    I want to thank you all for taking the time to help me. I will order once Amazon has some stock. Thanks again.
    09-25-14 11:42 AM
    I want to thank you all for taking the time to help me. I will order once Amazon has some stock. Thanks again.
    Actually if you place an order they don't charge your credit card until the device is in stock and shipped.

Also when you order you should be offered to pick Amazon Prime free trial offer for 30 days. When you do that you'll get free 2 day delivery.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 12:08 AM
    Actually if you place an order they don't charge your credit card until the device is in stock and shipped.

Also when you order you should be offered to pick Amazon Prime free trial offer for 30 days. When you do that you'll get free 2 day delivery.

Posted via CB10

yes sir that is what I did actually and received an email for delivery on the 1st...hallelujah
    09-27-14 07:55 PM
    yes sir that is what I did actually and received an email for delivery on the 1st...hallelujah
    When did you place your order?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 07:58 PM
    When did you place your order?

Posted via CB10
    Sept 25th at 10pm EST
    09-27-14 08:02 PM
    Sept 25th at 10pm EST
    I waited a day too long so I'm on an undefined time wait. Oh well.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:24 PM
    I waited a day too long so I'm on an undefined time wait. Oh well.

Posted via CB10
    DMy status just changes this evening around 7 so don't give up, it might happened to you as well
    09-27-14 09:50 PM
    I recommend purchasing a Squaretrade warranty from Amazon. It covers accidental damage for 2 years at $99. Deductible $99 to have it repaired or replaced.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 09:55 PM
    DMy status just changes this evening around 7 so don't give up, it might happened to you as well
    Thanks. Still nothing yet but I'm sure it won't be long.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 10:28 PM