HI, I ordered a z30 for a relative and have a passport myself. I really like the passport speakers, and am bored and back on crackberry app since 10.1 berryleaks days.

The z30 has a speaker on the top and bottom, but passport has two on bottom. Is the z that much better for videos? I understand the passport is better for phone calls, but is it better for videos too?

Can't add poll

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 02:00 AM
    It's probably subjective, but I think the Z30 had noticeably better speakers. Love my Passport, though.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 09:34 AM
    Z30 does not have a top speaker. It is only a sound duct. It does have an amazing pair of stereo speakers at the bottom.

Posted via CB10
    RexdaleNap likes this.
    05-27-15 09:44 AM
    The Z30 most definitely has a top speaker.
    05-27-15 09:54 AM
    Prefer Passport by a bit, for personal listening although the Z30 has a wider, richer sound it is a bit quieter.

Even so, it would be better for social gatherings. I prefer the cooler colors of the Passport LCD but the Z30 has richer colors than even my Note 3 lol..
    05-28-15 12:54 PM
    I believe the actual hardware is comparable between the Z30 and the Passport, but they're configured differently within the handset and that presents some issues. With the bottom speaker outlets on the Passport, it's surprisingly easy to block almost all sound just from the way you hold the phone, and the ducting on the Z30 makes a noticeable improvement to the sound quality.
    05-28-15 01:03 PM
    The Z30 most definitely has a top speaker.
    No it does not It has a sound duct from the bottom to the top. Anw, the Passport might have an edge in terms of volume but quality wise my opinion is that they are mostly the same.

-Do you envy my Passport much?-
    05-28-15 06:41 PM
    No it does not It has a sound duct from the bottom to the top. Anw, the Passport might have an edge in terms of volume but quality wise my opinion is that they are mostly the same.

-Do you envy my Passport much?-
    Lol, no it doesn't. I just replaced my top speaker. Where do you guys get your information!!!!? There are two speakers plus of course your ear speaker. The external speakers are technically not user repairable, they are sealed inside enclosures, TOP and BOTTOM.

Anyhow, I can't compare the z30 to PP, but it's definitely better than the z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 06:58 PM
    Both sound Good.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 09:07 PM
    I had the impression that Z30 has deeper sound than Passport, but can't verify this anymore with my Z30 sold.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 09:30 PM
    Following is a comprehensive comparison of Passport vs Z30 vs HTC M8 speakers. I found the Z30 to have deeper, fuller sound but the Passport is okay too.

higherdestiny likes this.
    05-28-15 10:51 PM
    I've got both, and the Z30 definitely has the edge. Sitting both on a table, music is fuller and louder on the Z30. That being said, the Passport is no slouch. I just find it a little more tinny and a little more prone to distortion at max volume.

When voice is concerned, they are a closer comparison. The Z30 still sounds fuller, but volume is pretty close.

Both device leave any iPhone for dead. I can't believe how poor the iPhone speakers are in comparison.
    05-29-15 02:00 AM
    Z30 comes close to the sound quality of the Playbook. In fact it has crisper highs:

The Passport doesn't quite meet that level, but it's still great.

In order, I would say:

1. Playbook / Z30
    2. Passport
    3. Everything else
    05-29-15 02:02 AM
    I tested both, Z30 has a richer deeper sound by a bit but I honestly prefer Passport. Sound is more directed, and crisper on many notes. Quite a bit louder as well, and Idk maybe it is thicker body of Passport but it has more robust quality to it.

No case on either phone, atm

This thing is too solid and good lol, imagine if Z30 and Passport were release BB10 devices? HOLY CRAP, GOOD BYE APPLE SAMSUNG LOL!
    05-29-15 08:09 PM