How much better is the Passport than the Z10 when it comes to running Android apps via Cobalt's tools?

I live the PP, but sold mine a while back I preferred the Z10 form factor and just didn't need both phones for BB10. Now, however, I'm starting to use a couple of Android apps, and they are too slow on the old Z10.

Just in terms of speed/lag, is the PP significantly better than the Z10 for Android apps?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-22-17 04:58 PM
    Just in terms of speed/lag, is the PP significantly better than the Z10 for Android apps?
    Yes, there is a big difference. I have a Z10 (spare device) and a Passport and the Passport runs android apps much better. Having said this, however, if you absolutely need android apps (and especially power intensive apps) I would not recommend any BB10 device. I have 12 android apps in my Passport and all work reasonably well (for now) and those same apps are much slower in my Z10. I also have a Huawei P10 (well, I did until my wife took it for Wechat!) which runs those apps I need much, much faster. I still use my Passport daily simply because I do not use those apps on a daily basis so the slowdown does not bother me yet. There is absolutely NO doubt that the fewer android apps you have the faster the Passport runs.
    08-22-17 05:09 PM
    What about the classic? Comparable to passport in android performance?

Posted with my  BlackBerry Passport SE™
    08-23-17 03:09 AM
    I can't even imagine the horror of running android apps in bb10 with something less than the 801, even the passport has long hangs and generally slow apps in the android emulator.
    08-23-17 03:59 AM
    Thanks. I double carry a Priv for most Android apps, with my Z10 as a daily driver. But, I current only pull the Priv out a few times a week, so the PP might work great for me for a while.

08-23-17 04:26 AM
    I compared the Z30 to my Passport and as long as there's not too many apps open every app opened at the same time with negligible difference
    08-23-17 09:22 AM
    Thanks. I double carry a Priv for most Android apps, with my Z10 as a daily driver. But, I current only pull the Priv out a few times a week, so the PP might work great for me for a while.

In your case I would recommend it, if you get used to the 2-handed usage it requires from most people/ 3-row keyboard you will love it.
    08-23-17 12:33 PM
    In your case I would recommend it, if you get used to the 2-handed usage it requires from most people/ 3-row keyboard you will love it.
    That won't be a problem at all. I will mostly use it commuting on buses and trains, so two handed is great.

I loved my PP but went back to the Z10 when I needed a smaller phone I could use one handed. That's not an issue any more.

08-23-17 02:12 PM