I have a Q10 and I think it's just a fantastic phone.

However, I wanna get my GF a BlackBerry and I'm not sure how I wanna go about doing it. I kinda wanna try something different with the Passport and give her my Q10. But on the other hand, the Q10 is just so darn good that I wouldn't mind buying a second for her.

What do y'all think about both devices, especially those that have both? Passport for something new or get a second Q10? Which are you enjoying more?
    05-14-15 09:51 PM
    Q10 was a great device and the first BlackBerry I ever owned ... but the Passport is a completely different experience, in a positive way. Great screen, BB10 feels like a completely different OS on a large screen. The Q10 just sits in its pouch these days. So get the Passport. There's my answer.
    redcubicle likes this.
    05-14-15 10:05 PM
    Have Q10, Z30, Classic and Passport. Best is Passport - fastest and most fun to use. But the Classic is quite good. Q10's only plus is size and Z 30 was a bust because the lack of keyboard. Would either get gf a Classic or by myself the PPort and give her the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 10:15 PM
    Do you have any double typing on your q10 by any chance?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 10:31 PM
    Passport is a completely different beast than Q10. It's incomparable, IMHO.
    05-14-15 10:31 PM
    I own both. Went back to the Q10 just to update it to 10.3 & see what's different since I got a Passport. I got the Q10 like the first day it came out & loved the hell outta that thing... but I know that if given a choice I'd never go back voluntarily. The screen, the crazy space age KB, the specs, it's built like a lead brick & feels like a bajillion dollars in the hand, and with those i-beam corners you could bludgeon a human head in one swipe- while firing off important corporate email!

Posted via CB10 from my "phdesktop", the BlackBerry Passport
    alb101 likes this.
    05-14-15 10:38 PM
    I've had some double typing issues, but they're becoming fewer and further between since I just add keyboard exceptions every time it happens. I will also be replacing the keyboard if I give it to the GF.

I understand that they're two very different phones, but I just wanna know what's more enjoyable to own all around and what do you find yourself more drawn to.
    05-14-15 11:11 PM
    Passport. Hands down. And I am on the third Q10 because of the Keyboard double typing issue. Passport has been flawless since October.

Posted via CB10
    alb101 and ahelluvabruva like this.
    05-14-15 11:26 PM
    I used to have a Q10, now I have a Passport as primary phone and a Q5 as second, and I just so badly to change my Q5 for a Q10, so I recommend you to buy a white Q10 for your GF and live happily ever after.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 08:52 AM
    Passport will be my last PKB device... because of the double typing issue. Not a deal breake but quite annoying.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    05-17-15 09:05 AM
    The Q10 can do pretty much the same things as the Passport but less efficiently. Here are some pros and cons of each.

Q10:
    Pros
    -small, compact size
    -great and accurate 4 row qwerty (unless you get a double-typer)
    -carbon fiber weave backing for excellent grip
    -easy one-handed use
    -replaceable battery and great battery life

Cons
    -small screen
    -difficult to touch copy/paste and text edit
    -slow compared to newer models of BlackBerry
    -no touch keyboard or track pad
    -AMOLED screen and lower pixel density
    -camera has low MP, lower quality photos

PASSPORT:
    Pros
    -huge, wide screen
    -high pixel density LCD
    -high capacity battery
    -touch sensitive keyboard acts as track pad
    -high memory and ram means fast and fluid functionality
    -high MP and crystal clear camera
    -overall great phone that's mostly like a laptop

Cons
    -large and cumbersome if you have small hands
    -hardware issues... keyboard feels like keys will pop up (my D key is lifting a bit, though I have not seen any other complaints of this
    -built in battery means no changeout possible
    -camera autofocus slower than molasses

In Summation:
    If your lady loves texting, social media and all the basics, the Q10 is a low-priced and reliable device that has the benefit of the BlackBerry hub and business use. The drawbacks are that she'd get lower quality of all these things than the Passport.
    While the Passport has all the bells and whistles of a premium flagship phone and could take care of media and business needs alike in a more efficient way, it also has some hardware drawbacks (i.e. screen lifting, warping, etc) and the price tag is rather large compared to the average Android device.

Would I recommend the Passport over the Q10? Yes and no. While I love this phone and consider it the best I've ever had, I also keep the Q10 as my trusty sidekick because I feel one good drop would put this guy out of service forever (which is an especially likely risk due to it being so top heavy). I miss having a 4-row qwerty for the ease of responding to texts, I could hammer one out and be done in seconds flat. Whereas the Passport is a bit harder to type fast on, but is ideal for long, wordy emails or documents.

Overall, it depends on your personal needs. If you have serious business to do with your phone, the Passport is the better choice overall, and will probably be supported by BlackBerry for a longer time than Q10.

Hope this helps!

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    Dmessenger, krazyatom and dosto like this.
    05-17-15 10:09 AM
    The Q10 can do pretty much the same things as the Passport but less efficiently. Here are some pros and cons of each.

Q10:
    Pros
    -small, compact size
    -great and accurate 4 row qwerty (unless you get a double-typer)
    -carbon fiber weave backing for excellent grip
    -easy one-handed use
    -replaceable battery and great battery life

Cons
    -small screen
    -difficult to touch copy/paste and text edit
    -slow compared to newer models of BlackBerry
    -no touch keyboard or track pad
    -AMOLED screen and lower pixel density
    -camera has low MP, lower quality photos

PASSPORT:
    Pros
    -huge, wide screen
    -high pixel density LCD
    -high capacity battery
    -touch sensitive keyboard acts as track pad
    -high memory and ram means fast and fluid functionality
    -high MP and crystal clear camera
    -overall great phone that's mostly like a laptop

Cons
    -large and cumbersome if you have small hands
    -hardware issues... keyboard feels like keys will pop up (my D key is lifting a bit, though I have not seen any other complaints of this
    -built in battery means no changeout possible
    -camera autofocus slower than molasses

In Summation:
    If your lady loves texting, social media and all the basics, the Q10 is a low-priced and reliable device that has the benefit of the BlackBerry hub and business use. The drawbacks are that she'd get lower quality of all these things than the Passport.
    While the Passport has all the bells and whistles of a premium flagship phone and could take care of media and business needs alike in a more efficient way, it also has some hardware drawbacks (i.e. screen lifting, warping, etc) and the price tag is rather large compared to the average Android device.

Would I recommend the Passport over the Q10? Yes and no. While I love this phone and consider it the best I've ever had, I also keep the Q10 as my trusty sidekick because I feel one good drop would put this guy out of service forever (which is an especially likely risk due to it being so top heavy). I miss having a 4-row qwerty for the ease of responding to texts, I could hammer one out and be done in seconds flat. Whereas the Passport is a bit harder to type fast on, but is ideal for long, wordy emails or documents.

Overall, it depends on your personal needs. If you have serious business to do with your phone, the Passport is the better choice overall, and will probably be supported by BlackBerry for a longer time than Q10.

Hope this helps!

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    Can't be more precise and elaborate than this.Hope now you made the decision

Sent from Passport
    zombiecupcake likes this.
    05-17-15 11:38 AM