this is on blackberry website, the company is crashing

Important Notice:
    BlackBerry will no longer be providing updates, including security updates, for BlackBerry Desktop Software. It will continue to be available for download, but there will be no technical support available.
    If you have been using this software without issues, then you can continue to use BlackBerry Desktop Manager. However, BlackBerry will not be providing any updates to add features or fix issues, including security issues.
    02-02-17 05:15 AM
    Ask them to download BBM then.

via BlackBerry P A S S P O R T | Original Gangster
    02-02-17 06:12 AM
    I concur with others here in that the PP is more in line with communication, email, calls and texts with side trips to the Web. But as I have said that what sets this apart.
    Yes I recently threw my hands up screaming death to everything when I had an issue, but I re installed and am up and running.
    My paralegal has a S7 edge and besides the cracked screen, heat and fart apps, uses it as I expect every 2x something to do, social media (just put it down while you are working dammit!)...
    So for the Priv, although I personally have not used it, a court officer I know regrets selling his BB10 device for the communication factor and battery, but likes the access to apps.
    So there you go (in a repeated mantra): you want email a keyboard a battery and pretty good reliability? Passport with BB10.
    Do you NEED to know about Beyonce and her twins! Is mik mil playing this weekend? You smashing on some gurhls who hit you up on SnapChat an instagram? An occasionally answering your bosses email? Then go Priv or any Android phone.
    At least until Mercury comes out and then we shall see.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 07:12 AM
    You can't deni the fact, BB10 is still better and fast then Blackdroid, few of my mates using Priv complains being slow and lag where my passport still fast after 2nd half year old

Posted via CB10
    I whole heartedly disagree.

I own almost every BB10 device, along with all 3 BlackBerry Android devices.
    02-02-17 07:25 AM
    I'm a true blue BB10 lover so it's Passport for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 08:08 AM
    Iam thinking about getting a passport or priv.
    I realise that passport has snapdragon 801 and priv has 808.
    Quite obviously priv is faster. But the way BlackBerry 10 is optimised I was shocked how well my Z30 stood up to the S6 edge plus my friend has when it comes to native BlackBerry apps. It was faster than s6 in quite a lot of native apps.

Given this do you think passport has a chance standing up against priv even with more inferior specs.

Also in what ways is the passport better than priv.

Posted via CB10
    I have a Priv now and had my Passport for over a year. The Passport is still my favourite device to date. I would still be with my passport today if the apps I need worked flawlessly on it. although I have grown to love my Priv, Android is a difficult beast to adjust to when you're used to the productivity of the BB10 system. However, BB10 is sadly no longer as modern as Android. The Passport will win 100% of the time in terms of productivity and Hub access. However, it loses when it comes to Google apps and GPS.

If my Passport ran Android, I think I'd still prefer it to the Priv. The Keyboard is just so good on the Passport. It's a weird yet fantastic form factor. Plus, the battery is far better than the Priv.

It's a tough choice, but I'd say go with the Priv.
    02-02-17 10:58 AM
    I have to admit phones with significantly inferior hardware specs than Priv are lightning fast with vanilla Android 7 (if there is no manufacturer or operator bloatware). So it is Priv's "security" to blame for speed, not the Android.
    02-02-17 11:58 AM
    I have to admit phones with significantly inferior hardware specs than Priv are lightning fast with vanilla Android 7 (if there is no manufacturer or operator bloatware). So it is Priv's "security" to blame for speed, not the Android.
    Don't think it's the security, as the two DTEKs are snappy.
    shahyaz likes this.
    02-02-17 12:02 PM
    I whole heartedly disagree.

I own almost every BB10 device, along with all 3 BlackBerry Android devices.
    I would love to make my mind after hearing from my few friends using Priv then to one, not all of them would lie

P.s : No Dtek but they have Priv

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 12:13 PM
    I would love to make my mind after hearing from my few friends using Priv then to one, not all of them would lie

P.s : No Dtek but they have Priv

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately the 808 was a bit of a dog's breakfast.
    shahyaz likes this.
    02-02-17 12:22 PM
    Dtek English

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 12:28 PM
    A bit?
    shahyaz likes this.
    02-02-17 12:37 PM
    Well said.
    02-03-17 08:43 AM
    I have the Passport and the Priv. I enjoy both. Passport is my favorite, for a bunch of reasons I've explained in other threads. However I think Priv is amazing too, and I will say I've had two Privs and two totally different experiences.

Priv 1 (AT&T): would slow down, would warm up. Once got stuck booting and never came back.

Priv 2 (bloatwear free): lighting fast so far (I have nearly a hundred apps), never gets warm. Rarely have to reboot it.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 08:32 PM
    If you're on Jio (which you've said you are), don't get a BB10 phone. The network bands aren't supported, you need a phone with TD-LTE to get it to work 100% of the time.

That said, if you want a BlackBerry without having to switch networks, get a Priv STV100-3.
    Truth be told i dont care so much about the jio sim. I am going to throw it away in march when the free 1 gb, 4g data per day deal is over... i will get back to bsnl.

But i want to buy a phone and use it for atleast 3 years... my priority is social apps... BlackBerry hub... thats it.
    Whatsapp will work with the apk after 30 th june with the waa fixer. Facebook currently works on my Z30 because i havent updated it. Igrann is good for instagram... if these dont work i will simple pay nemory studio and get face10, inst10 and twittly. I will pay for fasttube also... iam fine with all that...as long as i can continye to use bb10 os.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-17 01:41 AM
40 12