Even though I do not drink at all but I like my pain killers as well as need them on certain days to function it's MY body MY choice. I am a HUGE Libertarian so if I was to move anywhere it would not be the UAE it would be Portugal I suppose...

Beings they have Blackberrys?..
    Anybody from Portugal where they decriminalized drugs as it should be as it is a moral, family & for some even a church issue not for the cops to enforce morality on people! Bernie in 2016!...

However I envy the dual sim thing in the UAE, hahaha.

Posted via CB10
    I'll write in Rand, oh by the way wrong thread

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 12:03 PM
    Priv would be an interesting phone with plenty of android apps support
    04-04-16 04:59 PM
    size of hand maybe?
    SHOCKING ! ! !

Woof!
    04-04-16 07:24 PM
    Really like the Passport, only advantage the Priv has in my opinion is the android apps
    04-04-16 08:44 PM
    The Priv was originally designed for BB10. That's very obvious now as you can see the Android OS doesn't run as fluidly as it would any other Android Device.

The Passport is a complete handset. Awesome Specs, Fluid OS, and unique Design. If the Priv were to run BB10, Priv would win hands down.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 10:08 PM
    With updates and price-drops coming to the Priv, it may become the more attractive option.
    04-04-16 10:13 PM
    I like the Priv. The problem is that Google track and record everything, so for the classical BlackBerry user will be like a downgrade in terms of security and privacy. I had a Curve and now I have Q10 and Passport. I am always happy with.

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    04-05-16 12:12 AM
    Definitely the passport over the priv, 'cause it is true BB!
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    04-05-16 02:18 AM
    I'm thinking of making the jump from iPhone back to Blackberry. I've had a pearl and a curve and loved them, I am now interested in a Passport, would you recommend it? Thanks!
    04-07-16 02:16 PM
    Don't get the original (which I have) because the keyboard is too stiff. Yes, it's a great phone. Good if you have large hands.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 12:01 AM
    I'm thinking of making the jump from iPhone back to Blackberry. I've had a pearl and a curve and loved them, I am now interested in a Passport, would you recommend it? Thanks!
    hey buddy! well since you are coming from iphone i would highly suggest bb Passport SE if you are much into apps like clash of clans and other online games then get the Priv.

the user interface of bb10 is great very functional and will help you become more productive the only gripe i got with bb10, well as a fan this is hard. but the Maps(you have to pay for a decent one or DL Maps.me in amazon),Youtube and the lack of FB support(which is not BB's fault it will just direct you to FB Mobile website via Browser) certain apps can be downloaded to amazon app and bb world but if its not enough(just like me im using Jawbone app and smart scale) you have to download Google play and their are tons of instruction in the forum its not that hard. over all experience built quality and productivity(EMAILS!!!) blackberry nails it. the integration of calendar and emails are awesome the notifications are like no other. performance is neat and most of all it catches ALOT of attention
    04-08-16 01:55 AM
    hey buddy! i officially got my PASSPORT SE and priv built quality of passport is WAY MORE superior but the app selection and rear camera is what makes Priv standout. aside from the sliding mech. i think software wise Passport handles is better than the Priv but customization helps Priv to give a boost of different feel every now and then. to use the hub more in priv frequently i still have to disable my gmail. though curve functionality helps alot in my case when i have a lot of task to finish.
    04-08-16 02:02 AM
    I recently changed from the Priv to the Passport SE & I am so glad I did. I used the Priv for about 6 months or so wanting to give it a fair shot, but I missed the original BlackBerry HUB & File Manager. Another big problem I had was with the Messenger App, I wasn't receiving all my message or I'd receive them days late or out of sequence. Drove me nuts. Never did get that resolved even after downloading another messenger App I still had problems. One of the reason for switching to the Passport is I wanted to be more organized with my files and with the Priv it just wasn't happening. Now with the Passport SE I can stay on top of my emails & keep my files organized. The feel of this Passport is SOLID! No creaking like the Priv and the Battery life on the Passport is AMAZING! So glad I got BlackBerry 10 back

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2876 - AT&T
    04-08-16 02:11 AM
    Having been setting up the Priv for my wife and I must say that Android is quite a jungle for me. I guess it's just me needing more time getting use to it, though I have a Tab 10.1 for 4 or 5 years already. The keyboard is small now after the Passport. What make the keyboard seems even smaller is the slight heavy top of the phone which in effect makes me trying to keep the phone from tipping over when typing. I am using a 9780 so small keyboard is not a problem. But on the Priv it is.
    There is also the famous screen rattling when typing. So tonight it will be twist and bend or sticky tape under the screen to stop that problem.
    I love the screen and the form factor, though I still could not see any practical application of the curve edge from BlackBerry, nor the logic for a PB for such a long phone.
    But since I gave it to my wife together with a beautiful leather case, she's been acting pretty strange. She's gone back to be the kitten she was 18 years ago.

Posted from my Passport
    04-08-16 06:42 AM
    Definitely the passport over the priv, 'cause it is true BB!
    Love the passport, it's an extension of my hand! Best phone ever created! Wouldn't want anything other then BB10 and the I am even a casual gamer and hard core you tuber. Everything is there if you look hard enough...

The day the snapdragon 801 is old, Is the day I am going to be very upset! It's an amazing processor!

Posted via CB10
    Wrec and hoppysfavorite like this.
    04-09-16 07:48 PM
    The Priv was originally designed for BB10. That's very obvious now as you can see the Android OS doesn't run as fluidly as it would any other Android Device.
    I have my doubts - I think it's down to BlackBerry software, rather than hardware!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 08:19 PM
    I got the passport due to the larger keyboard and the battery life. The Priv is a nice phone no doubt, but feels like its having a hard time knowing what it exactly wants to be.
    anon(679606) likes this.
    04-10-16 12:07 AM
    I would never switch to the Priv. It's a great looking phone specs are amazing but the keyboard is the worst keyboard BlackBerry has every put out. Love my passport and will stick with this phone for a long time
    10-02-16 03:12 PM
    So the Passport is dirt cheap online now and the Priv is getting lower. I can't decide which is the better deal. I've had a private in hand and it was fun but the Passport has been attractive since day 1. I use both BB10 and Android, though BB10 definitely has a foreseeable shelf life.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-16 03:58 PM
    OK, I figured I would post this in here rather than make a new thread as it's somewhat related. I've been on the fence between getting the Priv or a Passport. I'm leaning ever more towards the Passport due to it's lower price and the fact that I'm not a phone zombie (i.e. I'm not one of the people shuffling around the world staring down at the device glued to their hand all day/night long). I currently have an old Samsung S4 and I really miss having a physical keyboard (main reason I even started looking at Blackberry) from my Droid days. So here's the questions:

1 - I'm not someone who generally uses apps from Google with a few exceptions. The one I use the most is Google Maps and from what I understand, I can run Android apps on the Passport right? Even if I have to connect through Amazon, that's fine. I do use a voicemail and text messaging app (since I'm Cricket), so would those work fine on the Passport or does it have built in software that I could use?

2 - What's the battery expectancy for a light user such as myself? I make practically zero phone calls, but use text messaging and emails (all of my 'net browsing is light and is done via wi-fi). Even text messages are light - I may honestly go a week without sending/receiving one. My S4 on its original battery still gives me about two days worth of charge.
    10-03-16 12:59 PM
    OK, I figured I would post this in here rather than make a new thread as it's somewhat related. I've been on the fence between getting the Priv or a Passport. I'm leaning ever more towards the Passport due to it's lower price and the fact that I'm not a phone zombie (i.e. I'm not one of the people shuffling around the world staring down at the device glued to their hand all day/night long). I currently have an old Samsung S4 and I really miss having a physical keyboard (main reason I even started looking at Blackberry) from my Droid days. So here's the questions:

1 - I'm not someone who generally uses apps from Google with a few exceptions. The one I use the most is Google Maps and from what I understand, I can run Android apps on the Passport right? Even if I have to connect through Amazon, that's fine. I do use a voicemail and text messaging app (since I'm Cricket), so would those work fine on the Passport or does it have built in software that I could use?

2 - What's the battery expectancy for a light user such as myself? I make practically zero phone calls, but use text messaging and emails (all of my 'net browsing is light and is done via wi-fi). Even text messages are light - I may honestly go a week without sending/receiving one. My S4 on its original battery still gives me about two days worth of charge.
    1- yes you can run android apps, just a little work to get some of them to run properly. As far as I know, you can run Google maps on the Passport. I use BeMaps which is basically a native 3rd party Google maps app and I never had a problem with it. Voice mail and texting won't be a problem.

2- for your usage, it seems like you can easily match that S4 or better.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 01:55 AM
    Thanks
    10-04-16 08:28 AM
    Each phone has its own advantage. And to me Passport seems to be more suitable for working than Priv.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 09:52 AM
    I actually just switched over to the Priv today, and to be honest it can't be compared to the passport... if you're like me where you are heavily reliant on the Hub, the priv is not for you, its definitely great that the priv has access to applications but if you don't use apps and don't care much for it like me i would say stick to your passport... i will give the priv a few more days... but i can already tell I'm going to be switching back to my passport
    10-06-16 01:26 AM
    Being a BB10 user for so long now makes me increasingly wary about BlackBerry's take on Android. The hub is the biggest selling point of BB10 and I feel it got watered down with Android.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-16 03:47 PM
100 ... 234