It's heavy. You won't be keeping it in any shirt pocket.
    That's exactly where I keep my original black ALL the time. When I buy a shirt I have to check the width of the pocket lol. Been doing this for more than 3 years.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-19-17 12:56 PM
    That's exactly where I keep my original black ALL the time. When I buy a shirt I have to check the width of the pocket lol. Been doing this for more than 3 years.
    Are you using any shells?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-17 01:02 PM
    Are you using any shells?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, just the black Amzer pudding thin case since day 1.
    11-19-17 01:11 PM
    Wow...strong pockets or just don't care that it's making your shirt sag down! I didn't even like keeping my Z30 in a shirt pocket, and that's at least a good ounce lighter.

Richard
    11-19-17 01:53 PM
    Wow...strong pockets or just don't care that it's making your shirt sag down! I didn't even like keeping my Z30 in a shirt pocket, and that's at least a good ounce lighter.

Richard
    Also, try a two pocketed shirt with PPSE in one pocket and PPOG in the other. . .

Posted via CB10
    11-19-17 06:05 PM
    I knew it was wider but didn't think that there was a doubled weight compared to my Q10.

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    11-21-17 09:07 AM
    Also, try a two pocketed shirt with PPSE in one pocket and PPOG in the other. . .

Posted via CB10
    You sir are a savage...I'll keep mine in my back pocket! Many of my nice shirts don't even have pockets...

Richard
    11-22-17 11:04 AM
    Actually I am regularly frustrated when shopping for shirts as I will ONLY buy shirts with a pocket! It became even harder over the past few years because I prefer polo shirts, and finally found out that the problem with finding ones with pockets is that the "fashionistas"in the golf world decided that pockets "ruined the lines" of shirts. So despite the fact that at most 10% of all polo shirts sold will never be worn on a golf course, the majority of manufacturers have stopped putting pockets on the vast majority of them...

Added insult gets thrown in by the additional practice of only putting pockets on the cheapest shirts made of basic cotton jersey, so except for rare cases you have to choose between a lousy shirt with a pocket or the nicer looking ones with moisture wicking fabric (that I really need) without a pocket! Such fun. But I get up and sit down far too many times a day to ever want to put a cell in my pants pockets, and I got tired of the holsters breaking... Sigh.

11-22-17 05:07 PM
    Actually I am regularly frustrated when shopping for shirts as I will ONLY buy shirts with a pocket! It became even harder over the past few years because I prefer polo shirts, and finally found out that the problem with finding ones with pockets is that the "fashionistas"in the golf world decided that pockets "ruined the lines" of shirts. So despite the fact that at most 10% of all polo shirts sold will never be worn on a golf course, the majority of manufacturers have stopped putting pockets on the vast majority of them...

Added insult gets thrown in by the additional practice of only putting pockets on the cheapest shirts made of basic cotton jersey, so except for rare cases you have to choose between a lousy shirt with a pocket or the nicer looking ones with moisture wicking fabric (that I really need) without a pocket! Such fun. But I get up and sit down far too many times a day to ever want to put a cell in my pants pockets, and I got tired of the holsters breaking... Sigh.

Scuba, when you're an outlier across different products.... You have to ask yourself...... Is the problem with the manufacturer or the consumer? LOL

Getting older sucks...... In the words of that kid Taylor Swift just......

Shake it off.....

BTW - you were supposed to answer question a couple of weeks ago..

You forgot to answer..... I forgot the question.... Getting old sucks....
    11-22-17 06:44 PM
    I actually spent some time looking for your question but haven't run across it yet. I tell people that I'm having a "senior moment", but I've been having them since my twenties! ;-)

11-23-17 08:28 PM
    The og is a bit shorter and lighter. SE is a bit heavier with its stainless steel construction and feels a little more premium as well. The keyboard on the SE is softer to type on and the bottom rounded corners are easier on your palm.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-29-17 04:37 AM
    I actually spent some time looking for your question but haven't run across it yet. I tell people that I'm having a "senior moment", but I've been having them since my twenties! ;-)

Hey Scuba... Hope you and your family had good holiday week.....

Check out thread. I'm being serious..... and not usual abrasiveness LOL

Blackberry Diagnostics and Telemetry Services

/blackberry-hub-plus-suite-f459/blackberry-diagnostics-telemetry-services-1128819/
    11-29-17 07:05 AM
    Chuck, that really blows my mind! I have thought that BlackBerry was more trustworthy than the others. It stinks to see this! I'm at least immune to most of the items simply because I don't use any of the apps in question. I also haven't used BBM in years, so that might avoid a few more things but I really don't appreciate the fact that I have never seen a single disclosure from BlackBerry telling users that any of these were being used. Isn't that against some regulation?

The other thing that is a bit confusing is that most of the thread deals with the droidberries, with only a few talking about BB10. I was already looking for a good VPN, but from what little I saw it seems like the telemetry might be able to phone home anyway without a firewall. ARE there any good (as in they actually work) firewall apps for BB10? From what I can understand in the thread it would seem that some of these would be blocked by a decent firewall. Is that your take? What other options are there? I started looking at the "Blackphone" but still haven't gotten enough info on whether or not they are any better at keeping these types of telemetry from being collected either. One post in the thread talked about switching to "Essential Phone"to be able to root it and avoid some of these. Ever heard of them?

Last edited by scubafan; 11-29-17 at 03:25 PM.
    11-29-17 02:52 PM
    You guys are jumping the gun a bit here, we don't know if BB Android/Hub+ is sending back actual telemetry data when it's disabled (on Android, you're asked about telemetry during device setup).

If you're concerned you could always just get a non Google Play/BB Android device.
    11-29-17 03:51 PM
    No, have you read the news lately? Google has been accused, and have admitted to, sending back location data to home base even when location services are disabled, even without SIM card.
    How do you like that?
    And if you think it's a one time "ooops!" from Google, that would be kind of naive...
    There is one reason Google hands out Android for free, and it ain't out of the goodness of their heart.
    11-29-17 07:10 PM
    Chuck, that really blows my mind! I have thought that BlackBerry was more trustworthy than the others. It stinks to see this! I'm at least immune to most of the items simply because I don't use any of the apps in question. I also haven't used BBM in years, so that might avoid a few more things but I really don't appreciate the fact that I have never seen a single disclosure from BlackBerry telling users that any of these were being used. Isn't that against some regulation?

The other thing that is a bit confusing is that most of the thread deals with the droidberries, with only a few talking about BB10. I was already looking for a good VPN, but from what little I saw it seems like the telemetry might be able to phone home anyway without a firewall. ARE there any good (as in they actually work) firewall apps for BB10? From what I can understand in the thread it would seem that some of these would be blocked by a decent firewall. Is that your take? What other options are there? I started looking at the "Blackphone" but still haven't gotten enough info on whether or not they are any better at keeping these types of telemetry from being collected either. One post in the thread talked about switching to "Essential Phone"to be able to root it and avoid some of these. Ever heard of them?

Yes. I've heard of Essential but unproven hardware without any extra BBAndroid.

I don't understand the advantage/disadvantage of rooting Android.

My overall take is that BigBrother and BlackBerry aren't that far apart like many like to claim.

I'm not going to live in a cave. Turning off permissions isn't cloaking anyone though.
    11-29-17 07:31 PM
    I just want to know about the details of how the BB10 devices are affected by this. I was naive enough to think that when I turned off BlackBerry diagnostics that my Q10 wouldn't be "phoning home" at all... so it's kind of a kick in the teeth to discover that all of the things BlackBerry has said over the years about how secure & private they are was at best creatively thinking about it and at worst an outright lie. In retrospect I suppose I shouldn't be so surprised but I am angry that they didn't have any interest in being truthful with the users who trusted them.

11-29-17 08:19 PM
    I just want to know about the details of how the BB10 devices are affected by this. I was naive enough to think that when I turned off BlackBerry diagnostics that my Q10 wouldn't be "phoning home" at all... so it's kind of a kick in the teeth to discover that all of the things BlackBerry has said over the years about how secure & private they are was at best creatively thinking about it and at worst an outright lie. In retrospect I suppose I shouldn't be so surprised but I am angry that they didn't have any interest in being truthful with the users who trusted them.

It sounds like this is more of BBAndroid however I'm not sure if anyone has guaranteed BB10 won't do this. I don't know and I'm not sure a true neutral can or will address...
    11-29-17 08:32 PM
43 12