I'm replacing my Q10 before it dies completely. I originally hadn't considered the Passport because I wasn't sure I'll adjust to the loss of a 4 row pkb to the 3 row. So I don't know as much about Passport as I could. Other than color, IS there a difference between a Passport & a Passport SE? I figured I better find out before I started shopping for one.

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    Qorax likes this.
    11-15-17 06:55 AM
    SE has a sturdier frame, softer keyboard and few other minor differences.

Finding an SE might be a littler harder at this point as it was a limited release.... two years ago. Proable no issue if you are looking for a used item, as lots of folks are moving on from BB10 at this point.
    11-15-17 07:06 AM
    SE die hard!

Posted via CB10
    gruv4u likes this.
    11-15-17 07:08 AM
    The SE has a slightly higher keyboard too to make it more comfortable whilst typing.

I have both the original and SE and definitely recommend the SE. You won't regret it.

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    11-15-17 12:00 PM
    In terms of specs and software they're completely identical, the differences are just in the looks and construction.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-15-17 12:38 PM
    ATT passport.
    bigjman likes this.
    11-15-17 04:54 PM
    SE, exterior wise, is better constructed. However, "I" like the 'looks' of the OG Black and ditto the White (thus have them both), ymmv. Like others have opined - SE and the Red are difficult to find - however any which way you cannot go wrong with this "away-from-the-ordinary" cellphone. It is a class act, grab it and you'll love it.
    11-15-17 05:32 PM
    BlackBerry Passport SE is an amazing phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-17 05:58 PM
    My opinion go for SE.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-17 10:53 PM
    Have both the Black and the SE.
    The SE is more premium looking and has a more Premium feel. The Black feels less bulky!

But in both cases you would have a very good phone!

Proud Owner of a Passport SE
    11-16-17 10:35 AM
    I've got OG and three SEs. SE is more pretty looking, has more durable back surface and a few other improvements. But, three of three SEs had the double typing issue. That sucks. But, after all, there's autocorrection and predictive input, so, the problem is not so crucial.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-17 01:24 PM
    By the way! The Passport 3row keyboard is far supirior to the Q10 key board. Way more advanced! U will like it a lot. I also owned a Q10 for 2yrs!

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    11-16-17 01:47 PM
    The innards of all passport is the same. The SE is like Passport 1.2. If price is negligible then go for SE. I would get ATT passport as it has wireless charging which the other two do not if you have a deire to sue it and some find the chin to be useful.
    11-16-17 07:19 PM
    Definitely the SE. While I am a fan of the Q10/9983, I used the PP's for a short time. Found the SE build quality, and the difference in chin much appreciated. From time to time I see a new one and think I should pick it up for a collector's item.

Note, like me, you use multiple languages an a daily basis, the PP keyboard is not as efficient for switching.
    11-16-17 08:55 PM
    The innards of all passport is the same. The SE is like Passport 1.2. If price is negligible then go for SE. I would get ATT passport as it has wireless charging which the other two do not if you have a deire to sue it and some find the chin to be useful.
    I really appreciate all the input! Two new questions pop up after reading these. 1st, a few mentioned the "chin" being different. Does it mean some sort of minor cosmetic difference in shape? I was planning on trying to use the wireless charging feature whether I get a pp or Classic since I think the constant wear & tear of charging my Q10 is what killed the micro USB port. I've read just a little on the concept but always thought that the efficiency would either cause slower charging than a cable or use a lot more energy. But after killing the port on the Palm Treo Pro I used before the BB07 came out & now my Q10 I figured it'd be smart to limit the use of the port. The Classic also supports wireless charging. Does anyone know if they both use the same system? I'm looking for ways that I can use to decide between the two phones. I already know that the Classic will be easier to get used to using since it has the same pkb as I'm already used to & adds the physical "off" button I miss from my old Treo or my 1st BlackBerry Bold. Plus the mouse will help a lot for times I need to use the touchscreen where I get frustrated with the difficulty of touching the spot I actually try to hit. But I think the better display & CPU would be nice if they're enough of an upgrade that I'll actually notice it. So thanks for sharing info that helps me figure it out!

11-17-17 11:51 AM
    Yes same qi tech. As for the chin search pictures att chin is a little bigger than og and se. Bring all three pics up and you will see. Passport is very noticeably faster than any other bb10 before it. Yes it is faster than classic and by large margin.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-17-17 11:55 AM
    I have both. I really thought I would like the SE better but in real life the black looks and feels much classier to me. The SE seems like it will hold up to wear and tear better.

It took me many, many weeks to get used to the keyboard coming from Q10. I still prefer the Q10 keyboard but the capacitive touch on the Passport is a nice feature.

Another big issue is the sheer size of the thing, not very pocketable compared to the Q10. But oh that battery life!
    LyoobaBerry and Qorax like this.
    11-17-17 12:41 PM
    ...not very pocketable compared to the Q10...
    Compared to Q10 (or common others*) true. However, I carry it easily in my jeans' back pocket everyday. No issues there at all.

*They do jut out of the pocket tho, Passport doesn't.
    11-17-17 12:56 PM
    How about the typical shirt pocket on Polo shirts? After I snapped off my 3rd plastic snap-in holster I started keeping my phones there and discovered that it's very handy! If I want to peek at the display I can just pull it up an inch and read who's calling etc. Never worried about breaking it from sitting on it. Biggest plus is if I need to hit a speed dial it's easy to do while sitting in a car or on the sofa...

11-17-17 07:22 PM
    Size of a passport... thickness of 2-3 passport. Go try put two in that pocket and see.
    11-17-17 10:48 PM
    Keyone it's the most legit phone I've owned far better than iPhone, I've had the passport and as much as I love the bb os it works well with android
    11-17-17 10:58 PM
    Size of a passport... thickness of 2-3 passport. Go try put two in that pocket and see.
    At first I was mystified by your answer then it clicked. I'm guessing that you mean an actual passport. It so happens that all the family US Passports are where I can get them, so I'll give that a try & at least have a good approximation! Thanks for the tip! If anyone around here carried them at the places where you can buy used phones it would've been simple, but I'm in a small town. It wouldn't make sense (or be much fun) to make the four hours driving to go to the nearest city & back!

11-18-17 05:30 AM
    Market place here has a few. I don't have a att model. Att model is thicker as well so closer to 3x passports.
    There is a og white one for sale.
    11-18-17 03:05 PM
    SE look more classic and still elegant in 2017!

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-19-17 09:57 AM
    How about the typical shirt pocket on Polo shirts? After I snapped off my 3rd plastic snap-in holster I started keeping my phones there and discovered that it's very handy! If I want to peek at the display I can just pull it up an inch and read who's calling etc. Never worried about breaking it from sitting on it. Biggest plus is if I need to hit a speed dial it's easy to do while sitting in a car or on the sofa...

It's heavy. You won't be keeping it in any shirt pocket. All the Passports are relatively heavy, but the SE is the heaviest at 7.23 oz according to BB. The OG PP is 6.91, AT&T 6.84.

Don't get me wrong; I do love my Passport SE. But I put it in my back jeans pocket and am careful to never sit down on it.

Richard
    11-19-17 12:37 PM
43 12