The Note will undeniably kill the Passport in sales.
    Yeah, I have to admit when I saw his original post I kind of wished for an un-like button. They won't even be in the same league. I don't like Android devices in general, but I'm also realistic.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    08-13-14 11:38 PM
    Yeah, I have to admit when I saw his original post I kind of wished for an un-like button. They won't even be in the same league. I don't like Android devices in general, but I'm also realistic.

You too! So many comedians in this thread.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-13-14 11:47 PM
    You too! So many comedians in this thread.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    Oh heinz we all want BlackBerry to sell like 50 million passports a quarter but I dont think so, as its a phone for enterprise first, and consumers are last this time. It will sell and make profit I have complete faith, but it wont sell like the samsung phones unless they market it, but they wont market it to consumers cause that would bankrupt blackberry. Im sure it will sell millions just not samsung millions

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    08-14-14 12:17 AM
    Oh heinz we all want BlackBerry to sell like 50 million passports a quarter but I dont think so, as its a phone for enterprise first, and consumers are last this time. It will sell and make profit I have complete faith, but it wont sell like the samsung phones unless they market it, but they wont market it to consumers cause that would bankrupt blackberry. Im sure it will sell millions just not samsung millions

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    Yes, BlackBerry would want you to think they are targeting enterprise only. But The Passport's rumored launch price is well within range of the other consumer flagship offerings of 2014.

The Note is not Samsungs flagship phone. The Passport is BlackBerry's and it shows. Exquisite design, innovative tech, unique form factor all equate to a Note killing masterpiece.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-14-14 12:23 AM
    Sometimes I wish that my country would legalise Marihuana.
    Some delusions probably can't be understood without some external "help".

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 02:11 AM
    Note is not a flagship??

Better Homework needed .

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    08-14-14 02:39 AM
    Note is not a flagship??

Better Homework needed .

Yeah it isn't. Because by definition flagship in this context doesn't mean top of the line specs but rather that one device that stands for the division/company. A single signature device. Which is the Galaxy S series, not the Note.
    08-14-14 03:09 AM
    I think Passport will have a longer battery life in real life usage! I hope!

via Q10
    08-14-14 03:32 AM
    You must do stand up comedy in your spare time because ROFLMAO funny.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    Are you trolling? Because honestly I might think you are.

Samsung has:
    Giant marketing budget.
    Huge brand awareness.
    The ability to launch their flagships on every carrier.
    Larger consumer base.

There's no way the unconventional design of the Passport will beat the usual standard design of the Note 4. People are afraid of change.

Will I buy a Passport? Yes. Will it sell massive numbers? Most likely and unfortunately not.
    dejanh likes this.
    08-14-14 09:23 AM
    According to the latest leaks the spec"war" between both devices is already over before it started:
    The Note 4 offers a Snapdragon 805 chipset, the Passport a 801 at best. The new Sammy has a whopping 4gigs of RAM, the 'berry features three. Display is larger and of higher resolution, even featuring a >10% higher PPI. Last but not least the camera offers a higher megapixel count, although everybody knows it is not about the MP count when it comes to image quality.

So the only area where the PP could actually do better would be battery capacity, since it has the largest one to date with 3450mAH.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really care about specs and, just by looking at my Q10 I can say the device already runs smooth with its chipset. So I don't think it would really matter which SoC is used in the end on the Passport.
    I also don't think this outcome is surprising at all, the Note series evolved of being Samsung new high-end range of devices and we all know Sammy has both the money and market power to deliver the best possible stuff with this handset.

Last but not,least one should also consider the hardware availability on each platform. Take a look at Windows Phone for example: The latest Lumia flagships both feature the Snapdragon 800 chipset, while being top of the line for WP, that chip is already dated since months in the Android world. Even though complains have been just a few, since the phones run really fast.
    08-14-14 10:45 AM
    Specs pulled from an Indonesion online store Erefone..oopsie to them

Passport vs Note 4?-j4w5yui.png
    08-14-14 12:29 PM
    Specs of the Note 4... it's clearly beating the Passport in specs game but it doesn't mean that the Passport will be a bad device with no innovation.
    Passport vs Note 4?-1408073569319_193014.png

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 10:36 PM
    Yeah it isn't. Because by definition flagship in this context doesn't mean top of the line specs but rather that one device that stands for the division/company. A single signature device. Which is the Galaxy S series, not the Note.
    So by your words the galaxy S4 mini is flagship?

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    08-15-14 02:43 AM
    I jus hate note 4
    08-15-14 03:23 AM
    Ok so companies can't have multiple flagships rite.Only one series. Single signature device.

How about z and q series. Which one is flagship device. Passport is not yet mentioned as a series as it's the first line of phone from BlackBerry.

Moopusmaximus likes this.
    08-15-14 04:02 AM
    Ok so companies can't have multiple flagships rite.Only one series. Single signature device.

How about z and q series. Which one is flagship device. Passport is not yet mentioned as a series as it's the first line of phone from BlackBerry.

Touch�.
    08-15-14 04:14 AM
    You know when a thread has "jumped the shark" when the main argument turns into semantics....

Arguments over what a Flagship means?

How about the user experience being the "Spec" that we all rank and debate on, oh right.... it is all subjective as is deciding on what Flagship device means.
    08-15-14 07:27 AM
    So by your words the galaxy S4 mini is flagship?

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    I said Galaxy S, not Galaxy S Mini.
    08-15-14 03:26 PM
    The Notes going to need a lot more then a few extra specs to defend itself from The Passports onslaught.
    Phone Spec's are over rated. They are a fabrication by Android device manufacturers because they lost the ability to innovate. People shouldn't just look at spec's. We should be looking at the entire package.

Of course spec's play a role in quality, but if the OS is crap, spec's are meaningless.
    For example: People claim the iPhone is a high end device. Far from it. It's an overpriced device lacking both in hardware spec's and especially in software. iOS is pretty much the most useless mobile OS out to date. And with each upgrade, it gets worst.

With respect to Android. There's mass fragmentation, different versions running on many different devices. Android is also not a fine tuned OS. Its difficult to use if you are not teck savvy.
    Won't get into WP8. No need. Not many are buying it. And those that do, return them.

BB10 is a software genius. Greatest mobile OS and the most efficient, to date. Bar None.

Posted on my Q5
    08-15-14 07:08 PM
    Phone Spec's are over rated. They are a fabrication by Android device manufacturers because they lost the ability to innovate. People shouldn't just look at spec's. We should be looking at the entire package.

Of course spec's play a role in quality, but if the OS is crap, spec's are meaningless.
    For example: People claim the iPhone is a high end device. Far from it. It's an overpriced device lacking both in hardware spec's and especially in software. iOS is pretty much the most useless mobile OS out to date. And with each upgrade, it gets worst.

With respect to Android. There's mass fragmentation, different versions running on many different devices. Android is also not a fine tuned OS. Its difficult to use if you are not teck savvy.
    Won't get into WP8. No need. Not many are buying it. And those that do, return them.

BB10 is a software genius. Greatest mobile OS and the most efficient, to date. Bar None.

Posted on my Q5
    I don't know...you sound slightly biased.

08-15-14 11:27 PM
    Screw the specs, at the end of the day and over the course of the device ownership it is how.much you can do with the device that suits your needs

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    ye pi feel the same specs have never been top of my list its all about the overall exp with me and for me that's what I get from my blackberry
    08-16-14 12:28 AM
    I don't know...you sound slightly biased.

"Slightly" would be an understatement. ;-)

But hey, this is Crackberry so he can get away with it.

To the topic at hand, I'm for the Note 4. Was never a Passport fan from the start.

Posted from an ME173X
    08-16-14 12:36 AM
47 12