So does anyone know how close the specs will be between the two devices? I think I saw they are both gonna be pretty close specs wise with the note 4 being slightly better..

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    08-10-14 01:04 PM
    More of the Passport specs are confirmed versus Note 4 specs being rumoured still. I think Note 4 press conference is in a few weeks, so we'll know more soon.

For example, we know Passport has a "Quad HD" 1440x1440 display. Note 4 is rumoured to as well with a 1440x2560 display, but others claim it will have a "Full HD" 1080x1920 screen like Note 3.
    08-10-14 01:13 PM
    More of the Passport specs are confirmed versus Note 4 specs being rumoured still. I think Note 4 press conference is in a few weeks, so we'll know more soon.

For example, we know Passport has a "Quad HD" 1440x1440 display. Note 4 is rumoured to as well with a 1440x2560 display, but others claim it will have a "Full HD" 1080x1920 screen like Note 3.
    And the processor won't be quad 2.5 for both (rumored)
    I'm really exited about those specs for the passport
    It's actually way more than the OS needs but yay I want more and more

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 01:16 PM

1440x1440 is not Quad HD. The PPI on the Passports screen is in the 400 range. That's what most 5" 1080p Android phones have.

The Note 4 will have a qHD display, I can count on that.
    08-10-14 01:37 PM
    1440x1440 is not Quad HD. The PPI on the Passports screen is in the 400 range. That's what most 5" 1080p Android phones have.

The Note 4 will have a qHD display, I can count on that.
    Still the Passport has an immensely wide screen physically opposed to the competition (which is an important point I guess). For the Note 4 to have an equally wide 16:9 display in portrait, it has to be 6.5". Which would then make the display 5.7" tall, so housing added a device that's just too large overall. I think that proves BlackBerry hit a sweet spot concerning screen real estate and device size for many use cases.

Btw:
    qHD = 960 * 540
    QHD = 2560 * 1440
    08-11-14 05:29 AM
    I don't want to sound too negative, but I am pretty sure the Note 4 will get better specs and a more modern SoC compared to the Passport. Having said that I still think the 'berry will deliver a quite decent overall package. The 3gigs of RAM alone is quite important, a PPI of well over 400 is IMHO already more than needed.
    Daveensannie and dejanh like this.
    08-11-14 11:10 AM
    Its kinda disappointing we all get sucked into the spec race that the Android group are so enamored with.

I like to use the analogy of how HP is discussed in cars, for me its the power to weight ratio that matters.

That being said, BB is now running Android run-times so yea...its getting more important that BB keeps up with the Joneses. :shrug:
    08-11-14 08:25 PM
    Note 4 will have better specs but I'd only look at it if you were going to take full advantage of the stylus otherwise the Samsung bloat that is Touchwiz is too much for me.

Edit: Rumored specs are 5.7-inch QHD display (that�s 2560�1440 resolution), along with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 in the US and an Exynos 5433 for international version. Same 16MP camera as the S5 and a beefy battery being its a phablet.
    witting likes this.
    08-11-14 08:29 PM
    The camera is gonna be 16 MP but it will definitely be better than the S5's as it always is.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    08-11-14 09:45 PM
    Screw the specs, at the end of the day and over the course of the device ownership it is how.much you can do with the device that suits your needs

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    Taigatrommel and BroncoVAL like this.
    08-12-14 12:29 AM
    hahaha go for note 4. forget passport. passport will very expensive and you only using for mail and bbm.

BlackBerry z3 user

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 07:58 AM
    hahaha go for note 4. forget passport. passport will very expensive and you only using for mail and bbm.

BlackBerry z3 user

Posted via CB10
    What if those are the top priorities?

90% of my phone use is for communication...the rest is media and general information. As this phone is best suited for the two things you mentioned it would seem like the passport is the perfect phone for someone like me no?

Don't recall OP indicating what he uses his phone for?
    fanisk likes this.
    08-12-14 08:05 AM
    Its kinda disappointing we all get sucked into the spec race that the Android group are so enamored with.

I like to use the analogy of how HP is discussed in cars, for me its the power to weight ratio that matters.

That being said, BB is now running Android run-times so yea...its getting more important that BB keeps up with the Joneses. :shrug:
    Yup! It's how it puts the power down & Passport will do just fine.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    08-12-14 07:30 PM
    When it comes down to BB10, spec's are irrelevant. Hardware "Specifications" is a fabrication created by Android Manufacturers.

BB10 will always run flawless versus Android. Unfortunately, people look to spec's when buying phones. And BBRY is forced to compete on this premise. The Passport from what we know has impressive spec's.

Posted on my Q5
    08-13-14 11:13 AM
    I honestly don't see many people cross shopping these two phones. The passport is hardcore work device.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 08:19 PM
    Do we know how much storage the passport will have and will it be expandable?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    08-13-14 08:28 PM
    As long as the performance is the same it does truly matter what the specs are.. except for screen resolution and battery.

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    08-13-14 08:46 PM
    Is the Passport really competing with the note? I feel it's closer in size to the Galaxy, no?

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 08:53 PM
    I think the Passport is competing with the Note 4 as each device is each platform's respective flagship. Essentially, each will offer the best of what is available per platform.

I'm eagerly awaiting to see how these 2 pan out. Each have their strengths and weaknesses; just a matter of what ranks in importance to you.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 09:07 PM
    The Notes going to need a lot more then a few extra specs to defend itself from The Passports onslaught.
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    08-13-14 09:14 PM
    The specs on the Note 4 are going to have to be a quantum leap above the Passport. It is still android and thus has inherent inefficiencies which are endemic.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    nick13b likes this.
    08-13-14 11:06 PM
    The Notes going to need a lot more then a few extra specs to defend itself from The Passports onslaught.
    The Note will undeniably kill the Passport in sales.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    08-13-14 11:24 PM
    I'm using BlackBerry and Android and each one has major benefits the other doesn't have. For BB, it has still has a great keyboard and a smooth OS. For Android, you've got larger form factors and most importantly, a large developer base (Android apps on BlackBerry are still not there yet stability-wise). Plus Android has momentum where more and more devices are choosing it as a platform (tv's, automobiles, home automation, etc.)

Don't forget the best platform often doesn't win. Some argue Windows is/was not that great, but it's large developer base and user pool eventually made it the dominant and most successful platform.

I really hope BlackBerry can make Android apps work well. Then we'd have the best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 11:27 PM
    If the classic is coming out with specs lower than the passport, whilst Chen already pegged classic as premium, that would get me to deduce that BlackBerry is NOT in the spec race, but what I believe is thatpassport is given higher specs, as it will be running special softwares available only to it related tomedical or biz etc...

The livw MRI viewer I beieve would require some extra juice!

So hope this monster sells well!

Send from my Q10 in Duracell Mode
    08-13-14 11:32 PM
    The Note will undeniably kill the Passport in sales.
    You must do stand up comedy in your spare time because ROFLMAO funny.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-13-14 11:32 PM
47 12