Which has a better display?
    I use a z10 and saw lumia 930 whose display is way too better than my z10 so I would like to compare this with a passport.........

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 06:10 AM
    Lumia has a 1080 x 1920 pixels (~441 ppi pixel density) AMOLED,
    Passport has a 1440 x 1440 pixels (~453 ppi pixel density) IPS LCD

AMOLED is better for very deep colours but they use more power and don't last as long, can also suffer with screen burn in.
    01-17-15 06:57 AM
    Screen burn-in is the worst downside for any AMOLED screens out there. The pretty high auto-brightness on Lumia phones doesn't make it better. My Lumia 1020 had visible burn-ins after almost six months. Pretty disappointing if you ask me. I love AMOLED screens for the crisp colors and the deep blacks. Yet those burn-in issues make them a no-go for me right now. Technology needs to improve before it is really suitable for the mass market IMHO.

I am so glad BlackBerry decided to go with LCD for their latest phones.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 07:53 AM
    Screen burn-in is the worst downside for any AMOLED screens out there. The pretty high auto-brightness on Lumia phones doesn't make it better. My Lumia 1020 had visible burn-ins after almost six months. Pretty disappointing if you ask me. I love AMOLED screens for the crisp colors and the deep blacks. Yet those burn-in issues make them a no-go for me right now. Technology needs to improve before it is really suitable for the mass market IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    Than it should happen with z30 too. I never heard anyone has that kind of problem....

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 08:01 AM
    I think the dark theme helps prevent burn in.
    01-17-15 08:29 AM
    Than it should happen with z30 too. I never heard anyone has that kind of problem....

Posted via CB10
    It happens to every AMOLED device. It is caused by how the technology works. Just perform a quick search on the web or take a look at other forums, like WP Central. You can find reports there. I think the BlackBerry displays are less prone to the effect, because they are rather dim compared to the pretty bright Nokia and Samsung screens.
    If you have a day one Z30, just ramp up brightness all the way and open up a pure white image to check yourself.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 08:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    It is not about AMOLED display. Check the lumia 830. It has IPS LCD display even then it shows very crisp and beautiful colors as 930. Maybe they have improved it so much better that BlackBerry is not able to make it.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 09:28 AM
    Go to any store and look at a display model high end note 4 etc with smiled, open the browser to Google (nice white background) and hold phone in landscape. When you see the terrifying burn in you will never think of amoled the same way again. I'll stick to lcd on my phones.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 09:48 PM
    I have a Passport and my wife has the Nokia Lumia 930. In terms of the display, I prefer the Passport's as the blacks appear much deeper compared to the 930.
    01-25-15 10:22 PM
    Which has a better display?
    I use a z10 and saw lumia 930 whose display is way too better than my z10 so I would like to compare this with a passport.........

Posted via CB10
    The Lumia 930 is a mess. It has massive screen and performance issues - purple tinted screens, scroll lag etc. Just read some of the posts over at wpcentral. I had the 930 for quite a while and it was absolutely abysmal.
    01-26-15 05:50 AM
    Reading forums ain't a good thing to do before purchasing since most people with problems will search the forums and you 'll see loads of problems.

There is no phone perfect and every brand does have faulty phones.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 06:30 AM
    Reading forums ain't a good thing to do before purchasing since most people with problems will search the forums and you 'll see loads of problems.

There is no phone perfect and every brand does have faulty phones.

Posted via CB10
    The scroll lag and the screen tint issues are present in every 930, I'm not talking about faulty units here, they're just made of sub-par components.
    01-26-15 09:42 AM
    To be honest imho the 930s screen is way better than the Passports! Once you adjust the screen to your liking it's just amazing. That ClearBlack tech is seriously awesome. I don't care about the resolution I'm all about the colours. I used my 930 on the most colourful setting and it's been about a week since I put the Nokia down to use the Passport and I still feel that I want the Nokia. Battery life is clearly greater with Amoled screens and the brightness could be changed to different levels!!! The phone feels absolutely high end and after using it for about 6-7 months with no issues at all I can say that WindowsPhone is so improved and easy to use. I love the unique intuitive BB10 don't get me wrong but windows is a serious contender with so many small things which make the life better easier. I am sad to say this but now we need more features and integration in our BlackBerrys. I'm still thinking which phone is better for me the 930 or the Passport. Hard to decide!!!

BlackBerry Passport
    01-26-15 04:44 PM