06-04-17 08:00 PM
60 123
tools
    Although I haven't tried out the KEYone's keyboard yet, the passport's is the best one BlackBerry has made to date. I really like that there are only letters on it and the virtual numbers and symbols work really well. I may change my opinion after trying out the KEYone's, but the passport's will be hard to top.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-17 01:13 PM
    As someone thats had a hands-on experience with the KEYone, I can say its feel and comfort level reminded me of the Bold 9000. I'm also a Passport user but will try the KEYone out with an open mind.
    edu3110 likes this.
    03-17-17 01:31 PM
    As someone thats had a hands-on experience with the KEYone, I can say its feel and comfort level reminded me of the Bold 9000. I'm also a Passport user but will try the KEYone out with an open mind.
    Although I haven't tried a KEYone KB, I've used both a 9930 and Classic, with a Passport SE as my daily driver. Thanks for your perspective. I look forward to eventually making the KEYone my daily driver once I fully move over to Verizon. And I expect its PKB to be a great experience like my 9930 and Classic.

Posted via CB10 | SQW100-4 Passport on T-Mobile. Hi Ho Silver Edition!
    03-17-17 01:48 PM
    I think passport is the king of the keyboard. Why? Large keyboard so made it very fine device for all people

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    03-17-17 09:21 PM
    I think CBK said it best with regards to the keyboards of the Classic/Passport/K1.

With the K1 and Classic, your fingers have to travel less to hit the letters. I personally like the keyboard on the Classic better than the Passport so I know that I'm going to love the keyboard on the K1.

I always feel that i'm just a touch slower typing on the Passport than I am typing on the Classic. I feel like I fly when I'm typing on this thing.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    03-18-17 10:26 PM
    I think passport is the king of the keyboard. Why? Large keyboard so made it very fine device for all people

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    I totally agree with you

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 07:01 AM
    Although I haven't tried out the KEYone's keyboard yet, the passport's is the best one BlackBerry has made to date. I really like that there are only letters on it and the virtual numbers and symbols work really well. I may change my opinion after trying out the KEYone's, but the passport's will be hard to top.

Posted via CB10
    I had the opportunity to play with KEYone a few days ago. The pkb is fantastic! You will have to get used to the smaller keyboard, but the build quality and feel is premium.
    03-19-17 08:00 AM
    I think CBK said it best with regards to the keyboards of the Classic/Passport/K1.

With the K1 and Classic, your fingers have to travel less to hit the letters. I personally like the keyboard on the Classic better than the Passport so I know that I'm going to love the keyboard on the K1.

I always feel that i'm just a touch slower typing on the Passport than I am typing on the Classic. I feel like I fly when I'm typing on this thing.

When I say I had a devil of a time tracking down a Classic to sample, that's no joke. But when I finally had the opportunity to hold one in hand, that too was no joke. But it was the last display unit, kept in the bottom draw at a Verizon store and I was on AT&T transitioning to T-Mobile at the time.

But for that moment, I realized I was a fan of the overall keyboard design layout and it's shortcut system . But unfortunately the display was too small for me, so I went with the PPSE. So, yeah to not mention the Classic in any discussion of the BlackBerry keyboard design, and to sleep on it's contributions to the KeyOne's overall design, is a huge Injustice. To me the KeyOne DNA is closest to the Classic.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    03-19-17 08:35 AM
    I really like the Passport's keyboard. It's generous size is perfect, and I am a faster typer on it versus on my Classic. The larger size also allows me to type without looking at the keys! Now, granted that the autocorrect engine on the Passport is better than on the Classic, I think that the Classic still is a great keyboard: I just find myself hitting backspace more often on the Classic to correct more typos.

As for the KEYone, it seems to combine the size of the Classic with the touch capacity and hopefully the autocorrect power of the Passport, so it'll be interesting to try it out!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 09:40 AM
    Since I only own the passport I can't say much.
    or
    PASSPORT HAS AND WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE BEST PHYSICAL KEYBOARD THAT HAS EVER TOUCHED A PHONE YOU DAMN BARBARIANS
    Powdah and The_Passporter like this.
    03-19-17 09:46 AM
    Having owned pearl, 9000,8520, q5 and passport. It is personally to say I prefer 4-rows keyboard than 3-rows especially with number like typing password or username.

Posted from BlackBerry Passport.
    03-19-17 07:52 PM
    Well I guess if you have "Girly Hands" you'd prefer the 4 row keyboard. I thought the Passport could've been a little wider also.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    03-19-17 11:24 PM
    Well I guess if you have "Girly Hands" you'd prefer the 4 row keyboard. I thought the Passport could've been a little wider also.
    This! ^!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 12:37 PM
    I've been using my PPSE since Jan and whilst I love the speed and screen I think the Classic is most productive phone I've ever used. The Classic has in my opinion the best keyboard of any BlackBerry I've used, including the 9900.

Posted via CB10
    ivanbzh likes this.
    03-20-17 02:00 PM
    I think you really want a tablet with a keyboard lol
    03-20-17 09:10 PM
    My girly hands comment was meant to be Humorous , I was thinking of the Erica Griffin review at the time. If anyone was offended...I'm okay with that
    The_Passporter likes this.
    03-20-17 09:23 PM
    Passport hands down! Hated having to hold down on the shift key in the past for captial letters and numbers! Was so annoying! Passport keyboard revolutionary!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 09:36 PM
    Passport hands down! Hated having to hold down on the shift key in the past for captial letters and numbers! Was so annoying! Passport keyboard revolutionary!

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. Holding the shift button is exhausting.
    anon(679606) likes this.
    03-20-17 10:16 PM
    Although I've appreciated the Passport's PKB for quite some time now, I am honestly excited to try the KEYone's, specifically because it is a 4 row.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-17 11:36 AM
    Hopefully, I'll be able to test it out at the NYC meetup. But with over 200 RSVP'd guests, it may be a daunting challenge as all of us will want to get out grubby paws over that thing!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-17 12:28 PM
    Having owned almost ever PKB BlackBerry since 2005 I feel as though I have tried the best, and worst, of what BlackBerry has to offer. I agree in that the Passport is an exceptional keyboard to use. Many others here on the forums laud the keyboard on the 9900/9930 as being the best that there was. To me, I think that my favorite keyboard was that of the 9000. I feel as though the K1 will be closer to my experience of typing on that first Bold.

Let me ask a question in response. I have been an ardent BlackBerry user for going on 13 years now. Despite the fact that I am a BlackBerry guy, have any of you used a PKB that you enjoyed as much as the BlackBerry? I used a Sidekick for a period of time and found that some iterations of that device I like. Particularly with the 5 row keyboard. I like having a dedicated row for the numbers. Any thoughts?
    03-21-17 04:04 PM
    I personally like the passport keyboard the best. At first, it took some time to get used to it but now I can say that I would prefer passport PKB over classic / bold 9900.
    grbrao likes this.
    03-21-17 04:21 PM
    I like my passports kb most but it's almost impossible to write with only one hand. Would love to try keyone someday. Does anyone know how scandinavian letters work with priv or keyone? As they are always visible on the screen of my passport when writing.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-17 06:57 PM

We must operate on opposite ends of the spectrum because I honestly wanted to watch Kevins keyone size comparison video with an open mind, but as soon as he started his passport bashing, I shut off the vid.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    ratfinkstooley and ivanbzh like this.
    03-21-17 07:27 PM
    We must operate on opposite ends of the spectrum because I honestly wanted to watch Kevins keyone size comparison video with an open mind, but as soon as he started his passport bashing, I shut off the vid.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Yes I noticed that too. I know Kevin wants to promote keyone but why would you want to bash old BlackBerry devices? That's not cool.
    ratfinkstooley and ivanbzh like this.
    03-21-17 07:43 PM
60 123