We must operate on opposite ends of the spectrum because I honestly wanted to watch Kevins keyone size comparison video with an open mind, but as soon as he started his passport bashing, I shut off the vid.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    How did he bash? He literally just said your fingers have to move farther to type and that the classic BlackBerry keyboard was the traditional four row.

It's the truth.
    03-21-17 07:26 PM
    I believe CBK always preferred a narrower form factor.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-17 07:39 PM
    How did he bash? He literally just said your fingers have to move farther to type and that the classic BlackBerry keyboard was the traditional four row.

It's the truth.
    That was a snide remark. A lot of people love the passport keyboard and prefer it.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-21-17 10:09 PM
    That was a snide remark. A lot of people love the passport keyboard and prefer it.

So because of one literal fact, you turned off the video?

That's nuts lol

Are you really that fanatical about the Passport?
    03-21-17 10:11 PM
    Passport hands down! Hated having to hold down on the shift key in the past for captial letters and numbers! Was so annoying! Passport keyboard revolutionary!

Posted via CB10
    Long-pressed the letter should give you capital, if you want to type all number/CAP hold alt/shift for about 2 seconds.

Posted from BlackBerry Passport.
    03-21-17 10:17 PM
    So because of one literal fact, you turned off the video?

That's nuts lol

Are you really that fanatical about the Passport?
    Yes. It's our chance to have a third OS option whose revenue base is not drawn mostly from advertising revenue. I care about the future and it's not looking good for privacy and security.

03-21-17 10:46 PM
    Yes. It's our chance to have a third OS option whose revenue base is not drawn mostly from advertising revenue. I care about the future and it's not looking good for privacy and security.

I'm trying to understand where you are coming from, but didn't you say on another thread that you used something called Rick's Tools to put Marshmallow on your Passport?
    03-22-17 04:51 AM
    Passport hands down! Hated having to hold down on the shift key in the past for captial letters and numbers! Was so annoying! Passport keyboard revolutionary!

Posted via CB10
    Fully agree! I can't believe that people prefer the 4 row keyboard and think it's more efficient!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    03-22-17 07:12 AM
    I agree with those of you above who say the Passport keyboard is the best keyboard on a phone ever. To me, it's not even close. Maybe the Bold 9900 was second best or q10 or classic, not sure.

I did see the KeyOne in person this past week but did not get to touch the phone because there was too many people ahead of me who wanted to use it (at the Miami Crackberry meetup). So I hope the keyboard is good. I like the Priv but do not love the keyboard as much as the Passport and Q10 and Bold. Still, I prefer the mediocre Priv keyboard to a virtual keyboard.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    03-22-17 01:26 PM

I'm with you on on enjoying typing on the Passport and all that goes with it but I would have to give that tight keyboard on the KEYone a go for a couple weeks before deciding.
    Definitely looking forward to trying the KEYone if I can get one but I'm not sure I can set my Passport aside for it. ( I do hope that wasn't an anti Android statement)

As far as privacy goes, that is now a lost cause. Everyone wants to enjoy convenience and the way we have things done for us is to have someone or something reading our minds or past and present. This disclosure of information is frightening to say the least but it seems google has changed the world. Even on a BB10 phone we still can't escape the eyes or data mining. Every time you google or Bing something on a web page or open an app to do something you are leaking information. I suppose there are ways to limit most of it at a cost and to what long or short term benefit is not yet known.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-17 07:01 PM
    I'm with you on on enjoying typing on the Passport and all that goes with it but I would have to give that tight keyboard on the KEYone a go for a couple weeks before deciding.
    Definitely looking forward to trying the KEYone if I can get one but I'm not sure I can set my Passport aside for it. ( I do hope that wasn't an anti Android statement)

As far as privacy goes, that is now a lost cause. Everyone wants to enjoy convenience and the way we have things done for us is to have someone or something reading our minds or past and present. This disclosure of information is frightening to say the least but it seems google has changed the world. Even on a BB10 phone we still can't escape the eyes or data mining. Every time you google or Bing something on a web page or open an app to do something you are leaking information. I suppose there are ways to limit most of it at a cost and to what long or short term benefit is not yet known.

Posted via CB10
    There are a lot of services and processes that that I believe violate my rights to privacy that run on android apps but don't run on most blackberry apps and that's okay for me. Android is just so porous and I honestly cannot run android with any Google app. All my tablets are void of Google services as I've uninstalled even the playstore, and with the bootloader of the keyone locked, I really can't give it a chance but it looks good enough.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ryder55; 03-23-17 at 01:54 PM.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    03-22-17 07:21 PM
    Fair point about fingers having to move more or less... But it depends on your hands, the passport is just about perfect for me, haven't tried other phone keyboards.
    03-23-17 01:44 PM
    I don't think on the Passport the distance traveled with your thumbs in comparison to the KEYone is that great considering the size of your hands. I could understand if your thumbs had to travel past a natural distance it would slow things down but with two hands there is no over reach on the Passport.
    When you consider typing on the Passport my thumbs don't travel past the center much from either side. I noticed that when I do hit a letter past center it is usually cause the next letter to be hit is further on that same side and my other thumb is ready without skipping a beat.

I would love to see a speed test comparison between two veteran users with these devices. The only thing the KEYone may have going for it is that on Android it may have superior auto correct when typing. I suspect when typing on the Passport having larger keys it would provide more accuracy Though.
    I think using my Passport I would destroy anyone on any other device, but I have been known to be wrong before. (not true)
    :P

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 04:02 PM
    If the K1 keyboard is indeed a fine blend between the Passport and the Classic, I know I will be sold on it the minute I touch it.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 05:42 PM
    I don't think on the Passport the distance traveled with your thumbs in comparison to the KEYone is that great considering the size of your hands. I could understand if your thumbs had to travel past a natural distance it would slow things down but with two hands there is no over reach on the Passport.
    When you consider typing on the Passport my thumbs don't travel past the center much from either side. I noticed that when I do hit a letter past center it is usually cause the next letter to be hit is further on that same side and my other thumb is ready without skipping a beat.

I would love to see a speed test comparison between two veteran users with these devices. The only thing the KEYone may have going for it is that on Android it may have superior auto correct when typing. I suspect when typing on the Passport having larger keys it would provide more accuracy Though.
    I think using my Passport I would destroy anyone on any other device, but I have been known to be wrong before. (not true)
    :P

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I never felt travel on the Passport to be too much. Plus, the mushy feel of pressing them keys is just amazing. All keyboards have some elements that are better than others. I hope the K1 is the perfect mix.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 05:46 PM
    I recently purchased the Keyone. The keyboard in passport is better. Passport's keyboard feels solid and the build quality is better than the KeyOne. Bit disappointed, but let's see. Even flicking is better done in the passport.
    05-29-17 01:45 PM
    I can't believe that you snowflakes are are complaining about thumb travel! "Oh, it's too far" I love the width of the Passport, especially the screen. I'm imagining the Mercury is basically the size of the Z10 with a PKB hanging off of it.

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    05-29-17 02:17 PM
    Thank you. Holding the shift button is exhausting.
    On the Priv, finding the ALT is a pain... too small, too close to nearby keys...

Posted via CB10
    05-29-17 02:19 PM
    I also prefer the pkb on the Passport but only ever compared it to the Classic which was ok but not even close to the Passport. I have more space which means I don't mistype or squish two keys at once. I guess everyone has their preference, the Passport is mine.
    05-29-17 10:21 PM
    Passport to keyone is weird....

Day one for me, so will get the hang of it. Smaller keyboard and 4 rows does feel weird again....but took me bloody ages to get used to the larger 3 rows on the pp!!!
    05-30-17 11:20 AM
    I found the alt, sym, and shift keys to be very useful on non-Passport models and really look forward to having them again. Once you become proficient with them it really enhances the pkb user experience and--yes--makes you more productive.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 02:51 PM
    Having tried the KEYone at a meetup, I prefer the KEYone's keyboard. The feedback is better while the keys are less stiff. However, it feels less comfortable to hold because it's narrower, feels like I have to balance it on my fingertips at the back. This comes from the perspective of previously using two horizontal slider qwerty dumbphones, the 9810, the Z10, then the Passport, along with the Q5 for a couple of weeks as a loaner.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 08:19 PM
    Yes I noticed that too. I know Kevin wants to promote keyone but why would you want to bash old BlackBerry devices? That's not cool.
    He get paid for it to bash the Passport ...
    05-31-17 07:09 AM
    I don't think CK is aiming at objectivity in any of his reviews of the KEYone. Just doing what he is supposed to be doing.
    05-31-17 04:39 PM
    I don't think CK is aiming at objectivity in any of his reviews of the KEYone. Just doing what he is supposed to be doing.
    Did Kevin actually use a Passport or had he moved to an iPhone by then?
    The Keyboard Browser app brings the Keyone keyboard experience nearer to that of the Passport, but still falls short. Room for TCL to improve it in updates, but the raised space bar/fingerprint sensor will still hamper flick-to-type (if like me, that's important for you).
    06-01-17 03:49 PM
60 123