My biggest "like" of the Passport is the ability add a huge amount of memory with a micro 256 microSDXC card! Not sure if the Passport's OS system can handle the new Microdia has a 512GB microSDXC card that is supposed to be released this month, but if the OS system can handle it, that would be an amazing accomplishment for very heavy video

I shoot a lot of extended videos using my Passport and find that the HD video is absolutely amazing! The ability to use the camera's flash as a strobe while shooting videos is by far, "you won't believe the video quality" moment!

I shot a 45 minute interview conducted in a movie theater with so-so lighting. I was about 200 feet away and using the camera's zoom, I was able to shoot and excellent HD 1080 video with VERY good sound! I don't think you could do that with any of the iPhones since the maximum memory for the iPhone Plus is 128GB and that is if you haven't already loaded up the phone with other pictures/videos.

A film producer friend of mine was amazed at the video's sound and image quality of a video it shot. It was easy to transfer the video I had on my micro card to a flash drive then give it to my friend who transferred THAT file to his Apple computer with no format issues! She was VERY impressed!!

I don't know why so many people are gripping about the Passport's camera. I find that if you hold down the "shutter button" on the Passport like you do with many of the DSLR cameras on the market, the Passport's camera does a fantastic performance of focusing on a wide variety of subject. The colors are rich and of course you can use the flash support as well.

With the Passport, I take out the microSDXC card, put it in a reader, transfer my files very easily back and forth between my computer and phone very smoothly making it easy to edit files that I have shot.

Blackberry Blend if you haven't used it, is equally amazing for texting complicated or lengthy message and/emails. Transfer files etc. is accomplished with ease. It's an extension of your computer!

Having the ability to constantly upgrade the OS system with both OTA and leaked software with ease and not having to jailbreak my phone to do so is a HUGE plus!!

OK, I'm stepping off my soapbox and going back to editing another long documentary video scene that I recently shot with my camera...

Everyone, have a wonderful Blackberry Day!!

I have been using my unlocked Passport, using T-Mobile as my carrier, since it the phone was released and think it is one of the most advanced phones on the market AND one of the biggest industry secrets!
    Baked and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    07-07-15 02:10 PM
    Eh, I've never tried the 6 plus, but my iPod touch 4th or 5th gen (can't remember, when they switched to 4" screens) IS way too light and slim. It's hard to hold correctly and the lightness makes it seem like it's going to drop or something all the time, in addition to giving it a "fake" feeling. Just like what you'd feel if you were holding a dummy phone over a real one.
    AGAIN... that's the aluminum surface that's slippery, nothing to do with the weight... A blackberry Z10 is more or less the weight of the iphone 6, but isn't slippery... wanna guess why?

AGAIN... pick a Iphone 6 and a HTC One... The iphone is light, the HTC is heavy but both are very slippery, because both have the slippery aluminum finish. Old blackberries are light, and not slippery, the passport is heavy and isn't slippery... why? because they have a grippy surface, not because they are light or heavy

A small piece of cheese isn't hard to grab and isn't slippery, yet itsn't heavy... go figure why..
    07-07-15 02:11 PM
    I'm not trying to justify anything. You said you just read an article with claims that the G4 bests the iPhone in every category. I've not seen one article where that's the case and I was just asking for a link as I'd like to read it. If you're going to make claims about what you read then back them up with a source.
    Here's one of those threads I was mentioning. It's not the one I was thinking of but an example. The other one I was thinking of was more obviously pointing the pros and cons of each device. But once they went into the closing verdict they totally dismissed the LG like it had nothing to offer.
    Even the comparison below in the link gets a little embellished at the end, calling the iphone clunky but then changes to elegant.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinio...o-they-compare

benchmarks.
    http://www.ubergizmo.com/products/la...iphone-6-plus/

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 05:04 PM
    Apple and BlackBerry, all fruits but incomparable.......

Posted via my sexy BB Passport
    07-07-15 05:52 PM
    Here's one of those threads I was mentioning. It's not the one I was thinking of but an example. The other one I was thinking of was more obviously pointing the pros and cons of each device. But once they went into the closing verdict they totally dismissed the LG like it had nothing to offer.
    Even the comparison below in the link gets a little embellished at the end, calling the iphone clunky but then changes to elegant.

LG G4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: How do they compare?

benchmarks.
    LG G4 vs. Apple iPhone 6 Plus

Posted via CB10
    Neither one of those links back up anything you said in your previous post. Again if your going to make claims back them up and don't give the "I can't find the thing I read that said that," because neither of those are remotely close to what you claimed was said.

The review in the first brings up pluses and minuses of both phones and gives his opinion on which one he prefers, which has nothing to do with the G4 outperforming the iPhone. Just because the G4 might have better specs in some areas doesn't mean its going to perform better. He states that even in his review and says that while the G4 has nice specs it still stutters, especially playing graphic heavy games.

The second one with the benchmarking is ridiculous. The iPhone wins some and the G4 wins some and many of them they are almost a dead lock. It doesn't "outperform the iPhone in every aspect" like you claimed above, which you should know that if you've used an Android phone before. All the specs in the world don't matter if the phone's OS isn't optimized. That's why megapixels on phones mean nothing, but people think that if it says 20mp over 12mp that its a better camera, which couldn't be further from the truth.
    07-07-15 08:22 PM
    Neither one of those links back up anything you said in your previous post. Again if your going to make claims back them up and don't give the "I can't find the thing I read that said that," because neither of those are remotely close to what you claimed was said.

The review in the first brings up pluses and minuses of both phones and gives his opinion on which one he prefers, which has nothing to do with the G4 outperforming the iPhone. Just because the G4 might have better specs in some areas doesn't mean its going to perform better. He states that even in his review and says that while the G4 has nice specs it still stutters, especially playing graphic heavy games.

The second one with the benchmarking is ridiculous. The iPhone wins some and the G4 wins some and many of them they are almost a dead lock. It doesn't "outperform the iPhone in every aspect" like you claimed above, which you should know that if you've used an Android phone before. All the specs in the world don't matter if the phone's OS isn't optimized. That's why megapixels on phones mean nothing, but people think that if it says 20mp over 12mp that its a better camera, which couldn't be further from the truth.
    Then show me the proof to deny the claims.
    Ignorance is bless and that's all iphone users provide for proof.

You won't find anything either with factual evidence.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 08:31 PM
    So out of curiosity I was in the store and thought what's the hype about iphones build quality that a lot of people say is so great. So I went to the electronic department and decided to check one out.

First thought, this iphone 6plus feels like a cheap tin can wrapped around electronic components. And the plastic trim that breaks it into sections of metal around the phone looks even cheaper. Not only that, but the phone is so light for its size, I felt like the wind could blow it right out of my hand. Heck even my old phone, LG G Flex seemed to be built better and look better.

So, to my question. Has anyone else put there Passport next to one of the new iphones and thought, wow, this iphone seems like a cheap piece of junk compared to the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, interesting observation! What do you think about MacBook Air ? Is it also cheaply built? No build quality(as it's super thin and light) and Dell Latitude or any heavy built laptop has a better build quality than MacBook Air? (just asking, no offence)

Posted via Q10
    07-07-15 08:36 PM
    Hmm, interesting observation! What do you think about MacBook Air ? Is it also cheaply built? No build quality(as it's super thin and light) and Dell Latitude or any heavy built laptop has a better build quality than MacBook Air? (just asking, no offence)

Posted via Q10
    Never really looked at one to be honest.
    Couldn't say.
    Bought a desktop, picked up a cell phone and haven't looked into anything else other than desktops and smartphones

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 08:40 PM
    Then show me the proof to deny the claims.
    Ignorance is bless and that's all iphone users provide for proof.

You won't find anything either with factual evidence.

Posted via CB10
    Lol I don't need to prove anything as I never made any statement. I asked you to provide the link of your ridiculous claim, you can't, therefor we are done here.
    07-07-15 08:52 PM
    Lol I don't need to prove anything as I never made any statement. I asked you to provide the link of your ridiculous claim, you can't, therefor we are done here.
    Unfortunately my web history clears daily off my phone. And I read the article thru a News hub that refreshes every 6 hours.
    If I could find you the exact article that I read I would have. If I run across it again I will.
    Either way, lol prove to me I'm wrong and didn't read it. Then maybe what you have written has grounds to stand on.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 09:00 PM
    icrap 6

Black BlackBerry Curve→ White BlackBerry Z10 → Black BlackBerry Z30
    07-07-15 09:03 PM
    Unfortunately my web history clears daily off my phone. And I read the article thru a News hub that refreshes every 6 hours.
    If I could find you the exact article that I read I would have. If I run across it again I will.
    Either way, lol prove to me I'm wrong and didn't read it. Then maybe what you have written has grounds to stand on.

Posted via CB10
    I already proved you wrong because you don't have a source. Prove to me that you read it, which is what I originally asked.

I read that you secretly loved iOS. I don't remember where I read it but I did. Prove to me that I didn't read that.
    07-07-15 09:03 PM
    [WARN]The bickering and insults have to stop here. Discuss and debate, but don't get personal.

A number of inappropriate posts (and where they were quoted) have been deleted.[/WARN]

Bickering continued, thread cosed.
    JRF_1986 likes this.
    07-07-15 09:07 PM
    for giggles and to shut both you up about the G4 and iphone

LG G4 vs iPhone 6 comparison - Review - PC Advisor

Benchmark tests reveal that the LG G4 beats the iPhone 6 when it comes to overall processor speed, scoring 3513 compared with the Apple smartphone's 2794. However, it can't match the iPhone 6's incredible graphics power, scoring 25fps in the GFXBench T-Rex test and 9fps in the GFXBench Manhattan test, compared with the iPhone 6's scores of 49fps and 26fps respectively.

The iPhone 6 also beats the LG G4 in the SunSpider browser test.
    JRF_1986 likes this.
    07-07-15 09:08 PM
64 123