03-23-15 05:37 PM
80 1234
tools
    Im sorry but this comparison is irrelevant.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 11:12 PM
    Im sorry but this comparison is irrelevant.

Posted via CB10
    Why do you feel it is irrelevant?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 11:24 PM
    Why do you feel it is irrelevant?

Posted via CB10
    Well first of all you are looking at two completely different devices in very different categories. iPhone 6 Plus is Apple's answer to the Phablet world with more power, relatively higher specs and a larger screen. Other than that it has absolutely no difference from an iPhone 6(except landscape menu option and OIS). Its simply an iOS experience on a larger screen. It doesn't bring anything new or let me put it this way: it doesn't bring anything we haven't had already.

The Passport on the other hand is a breakthrough device. No company, in the 20 to 25 years that mobile phones have been produced ever came up with such a form factor. It is the most awkward, strange yet beautiful and chic device to date. No one ever combined a keyboard with touch controls as an add-on. No phone has such a screen like the Passport. It is a beast when it comes to power. The new 10.3 OS plus the Amazon App Store FINALLY brings many mainstream apps to our use. And above all its a work powerhouse. No other phone offers the productivity of the Passport.

Hey i used the iPhone 6 for 40 days before switching to the Passport. I love apple products and i have a mac. But the Passport is new and revolutionary. There is nothing revolutionary about the iPhone 6 Plus. What can you compare it with? With a Samsung Note 4. I have one of those too. I would compare the 6 Plus with a Note 4, definitely. Perhaps HTC One Max or Sony Xperia Ultra.But not a Passport. Passport is not a phablet i don't know who came up with that in the first place. As a matter of fact its a device that has its own category. I would call it Work Powerhorse.
    10-24-14 11:49 PM
    Well first of all you are looking at two completely different devices in very different categories. iPhone 6 Plus is Apple's answer to the Phablet world with more power, relatively higher specs and a larger screen. Other than that it has absolutely no difference from an iPhone 6(except landscape menu option and OIS). Its simply an iOS experience on a larger screen. It doesn't bring anything new or let me put it this way: it doesn't bring anything we haven't had already.

The Passport on the other hand is a breakthrough device. No company, in the 20 to 25 years that mobile phones have been produced ever came up with such a form factor. It is the most awkward, strange yet beautiful and chic device to date. No one ever combined a keyboard with touch controls as an add-on. No phone has such a screen like the Passport. It is a beast when it comes to power. The new 10.3 OS plus the Amazon App Store FINALLY brings many mainstream apps to our use. And above all its a work powerhouse. No other phone offers the productivity of the Passport.

Hey i used the iPhone 6 for 40 days before switching to the Passport. I love apple products and i have a mac. But the Passport is new and revolutionary. There is nothing revolutionary about the iPhone 6 Plus. What can you compare it with? With a Samsung Note 4. I have one of those too. I would compare the 6 Plus with a Note 4, definitely. Perhaps HTC One Max or Sony Xperia Ultra.But not a Passport. Passport is not a phablet i don't know who came up with that in the first place. As a matter of fact its a device that has its own category. I would call it Work Powerhorse.
    This is true. I agree that the Passport is in a category of its own, however when you want to get a feel for how it stacks up against others devices I don't think it hurts to compare.

If we just accept that it's in its own category and don't consider any other devices because of that, how can we decide that the device is any good? how can we decide if this new category is worth having?

Phones have been doing things a specific way since the day the smartphone came to be, and now we have a new way of doing those same things, I think a comparison between the old way and the new way is definitely warranted.

(by old way I mean the normal iPhone style shape, and I say iPhone because they made the shape popular)

Posted via CB10
    bodjor likes this.
    10-25-14 09:15 AM

Pshht. The comparison is going to occur whether you like it or not. And it's an apt one. They're both mobile computers that are made to accomplish the same things, basically.

Even a comparison between a laptop and a Passport would be appropriate.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 09:28 AM
    When you are in a category of your own, who can you compare to? The best of the rest. Right?

Why does this new category need to exist? Well the only way to figure it out is to compare with the existing offerings.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    10-25-14 09:43 AM
    A note about comparing with Microsoft Office. It's a pay service.

Most users won't be paying to subscribe to Microsoft Office 365.

I'm a subscriber and I'm looking forward using the service on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 10:17 AM
    Article from today: http://www.valuewalk.com/2014/11/app...erry-passport/

..posted with my best phone ever! The new BlackBerry Passport! I no longer wait for the Classic. Maybe the BlackBerry slider. ..but the passport is more BlackBerry than ever!
    11-01-14 10:01 AM
    A note about comparing with Microsoft Office. It's a pay service.

Most users won't be paying to subscribe to Microsoft Office 365.

I'm a subscriber and I'm looking forward using the service on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    When you say most users won't be paying, are you referring to BlackBerry users? Because Microsoft has an install base of over 4 million Office 365 subscribers.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 10:11 AM
    But not a Passport. Passport is not a phablet i don't know who came up with that in the first place. As a matter of fact its a device that has its own category. I would call it Work Powerhorse.
    Sure it has different size and (uncommon) shaped but doesn't make it stands on different category, in the end it should accomplish the same tasks like others.
    03-19-15 11:31 PM
    1 is a tool,1 is a toy.no one uses a BlackBerry for candy crush do they?

Sent via CB10 from my BlackBerryElite
    03-21-15 10:25 AM
    maybe only LG has tried with his Optimus Vu, but the Passport is unique on itself
    03-21-15 11:06 AM
    Seems to me the more appropriate comparison is the Z30 vs Iphone 6 plus. Aren't they closer in shape and size?

I agree with the posters that mention toy vs tool. When my kids are playing video games with their Iphones, I chuckle to think that adults use them as business communication devices.....they are entertainment devices for children.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 02:11 PM

I agree with the posters that mention toy vs tool. When my kids are playing video games with their Iphones, I chuckle to think that adults use them as business communication devices.....they are entertainment devices for children.
    Thankfully, BlackBerry doesn't believe that anymore, as evidenced by its willingness to get an iPhone user to lead it.
    03-21-15 02:55 PM
    What about the pocket test between the 2? Which one feels bigger? Which one
    is the most seen from outside?
    03-21-15 03:00 PM
    Thanks for the reviews. I had the 6plus, it was great for watching movies, but other than that I thought it was too big. I'm a holster guy and thought it looked like a laptop on my belt. I like the pp.
    Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    03-21-15 03:19 PM
    Thanks for sharing these comparisons

I love my passport, but really like the iPhone 6 plus for gaming, videos and it's camera

other than that the passport does everything great in my opinion
    03-21-15 05:59 PM
    I only stumbled upon this recently, solid compare, would link iPhone users I know to this to really show to them that they're on the wrong team.

Shredding the  BlackBerry Passport
    03-21-15 08:50 PM
    Having both running simultaneously, it is no doubt that iPhone 6+ is the perfect device for multimedia and gaming. With so many software to play with, it is no surprise that so many people are true believers of iOS.

As for Passport, it is at exactly the opposite end. A true powerful working tool,but short in terms of multimedia.

To each of its own, they would compliment each other nicely if you are in need to run two or more Sims at the same time.

Passport vs IPhone 6 Plus-wp_20150218_10_23_38_pro.jpg
    Passport vs IPhone 6 Plus-wp_20150218_10_24_09_pro.jpg
    Passport vs IPhone 6 Plus-wp_20150218_10_24_16_pro.jpg

MBF-PASSPORT
    nmduc073 likes this.
    03-22-15 12:03 AM
    Can you run Geekbench?

I'd be curious to see how blackberry's off the shelf processor stacks up against the iPhone's custom ARM.

😀

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-22-15 12:06 AM
    Passport using for work it is great but playing game really bad! IPhone also can be use for work but not good as passport!

Posted via CB10
    omarboulakjar likes this.
    03-22-15 12:53 AM
    1 is a tool,1 is a toy.no one uses a BlackBerry for candy crush do they?

Sent via CB10 from my BlackBerryElite
    1 leads in sales while the other leads in... polls!

Posted from an ME173X
    JosevuN3 likes this.
    03-22-15 01:05 AM
    I agree with Ted:
    iPhone berry good as apple, apple can never be berry

Posted Via Red Passport
    03-22-15 01:11 AM
    My partner and I recently bought a Sony soundbar that has Bluetooth and NFC. First of all, the Sony NFC Easy Connect app and the remote control app were Android only, so for the first time ever, I was able to get something unavailable on iOS.

The iPhone 6+ didn't want to pair with the soundbar and the NFC didn't work at all. We eventually got the iPhone 6+ to pair with the Soundbar after rebooting both, and going through a laborious manual pairing process. Bear in mind, with the Passport, all I had to do was set the phone on the corner of the unit and it was immediately paired.

My partner whined, "I CAN'T switch to a BlackBerry. It's so different from iOS. There's too much to learn."

Well, indeed, BlackBerry 10 is very different from iOS, but if you are willing to invest a few weeks mastering it, it is possible to complete many tasks in the time it used to take you to just find the app.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 07:29 AM
    Of course the coolest iPhone 6P

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 07:43 AM
80 1234