That's 1 thing apple does well that blackberry forgot in bb10.. once downloaded images, iOS saves it automatically for later viewing.. in os7, you could save..in bb10 no option... just plan stupid.
    You are wrong but believe what you want.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 05:03 PM
    Appreciate you taking the time man ! Keep the comparisons coming !

Posted via CrackBerry App
    10-21-14 05:13 PM
    Quite curious to know, why I can't download via Q10? Do you happen to know?
    10-21-14 08:20 PM
    I am seriously thinking of returning my iphone6. When I compare the passport to it I feel like an ldiot. Seriously. The iphone6 is cheaply made and the narrow screen is stupid. The wide screen is truly a smart idea. I am sure you will see apple and samsung copy the passport but that is a year away. I have a few days to decide. Wish I had both two passports at the discount time but how was I to know the passport beats the iphone6? I don't use a lot of apps but going to make sure I can get them. Some posters weren't kidding the iphone6 is outdated technology.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 08:50 PM
    DueNorthBB
    Can you please make more comparison between these phones for famous apps like Facebook, Instagram, skype, viber and etc.
    10-21-14 10:24 PM
    I am seriously thinking of returning my iphone6. When I compare the passport to it I feel like an ldiot. Seriously. The iphone6 is cheaply made and the narrow screen is stupid. The wide screen is truly a smart idea. I am sure you will see apple and samsung copy the passport but that is a year away. I have a few days to decide. Wish I had both two passports at the discount time but how was I to know the passport beats the iphone6? I don't use a lot of apps but going to make sure I can get them. Some posters weren't kidding the iphone6 is outdated technology.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't count them out. Although I am not an iPhone or Samsung galaxy series fan, they are great phones. I recently had a chance to demo the newest Note, their on-screen keyboard was very accurate and easy to use. Coming from a BlackBerry device, I was thoroughly impressed.

For a lot of people media consumption is the bulk of the activity some people do on a phone. There is nothing wrong with that.

iPhone definitely does a good job integrating the whole mobile ecosystem together. But, today's Tim Cook Apple doesn't equal Steve Job's Apple.

The Passport definitely caught everyone by surprise. It truly is the most innovative phone of this year. I think the the next iteration of the Passport will be a serious force in the mobile market.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 10:59 PM
    Here are a couple, sorry for the low quality pics. Very old device. Would love for instagram and facebook to get optimized for Passport somehow.

Passport vs IPhone 6 Plus-img_0319.jpg
    Passport vs IPhone 6 Plus-img_0320.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 12:03 AM
    I recently sold my iPhone 6+ and picked up a passport. The iPhone was an amazing device and definitely integrates social media very well.

The passport is a beast and feels incredibly innovative. The hub and unique massive square screen is what drew me to this phone. The keyboard is a nice surprise and just adds to the experience. Swiping up to add words is well thought out. Still need to get used to some things but overall very happy with selling the iPhone and diving into BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 12:22 AM
    You can set the Passport to download images automatically as well as fit the email to the screen automatically. Go to hub, then settings, then display and actions and look for download images automatically and rite below that an option for resize email to fit screen.
    Yes, but don't do it unless you want to enable email trackers. Most operate by putting a single pixel invisible image in the email whose link isn't to an image, but a tracking site that can retrieve your location, IP, time message was opened, etc.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 12:44 AM
    Is the screen on the Passport that dim or do you have brightness turned down?
    10-22-14 01:14 AM
    To be fair about the Minecraft comparison, you can adjust the size of the controls in the settings.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't realize that. I just have it at default. I found the option and it is more playable. On the Passport, that is the largest size you can have. You can show all the blocks (materials) in creative within one screen. On the IPhone you need to scroll through all the items. The Passport has the keyboard to help with chat. The IPhone has a virtual keyboard which takes up display space, but the overall performance is smoother (better graphics processor I think).
    10-22-14 01:20 AM
    I didn't realize that. I just have it at default. I found the option and it is more playable. On the Passport, that is the largest size you can have. You can show all the blocks (materials) in creative within one screen. On the IPhone you need to scroll through all the items. The Passport has the keyboard to help with chat. The IPhone has a virtual keyboard which takes up display space, but the overall performance is smoother (better graphics processor I think).
    IPhone uses a octocore gpu surprisingly.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 07:39 AM
    Flash is no longer supported on BB in 10.3+.
    10-22-14 08:32 AM
    This is just in the dev build. The final build is expected to bring back Flash. Removing it would be outright insanity.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 09:10 AM
    I'm not sure selecting 'set to fit page' is the right way to compare with PDFs. You will get different zoom percentages for each phone. Probably the best way would be to manually set the zoom percentages the same for both phones.
    There is no display % shown (or adjustable) for zoom for Adobe Acrobat Reader so fit to screen is the only way to compare the pages.

Posted via CB10
    mister2d likes this.
    10-22-14 09:17 AM
    For the iPhone you should use microsoft office mobile from microsoft.
    10-22-14 09:26 AM
    If you're talking about the browser, I have it on my Passport :/

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    10-22-14 10:03 AM
    For the iPhone you should use microsoft office mobile from microsoft.
    As of 10.3.1 it will also work on the Passport so it's a moot point.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 10:17 AM
    Yes, but don't do it unless you want to enable email trackers. Most operate by putting a single pixel invisible image in the email whose link isn't to an image, but a tracking site that can retrieve your location, IP, time message was opened, etc.

Posted via CB10
    So your saying that the iPhone allows tracking of your location by default, on the BlackBerry you would have to turn it on to track your location?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 10:35 AM
    Is the screen on the Passport that dim or do you have brightness turned down?
    Screen is not that dim, think it was the lighting, angle of picture. I keep both on about 50% brightness, iPhone is a bit brighter, but not like the picture shows. Would need about 60% brightness as a guess to make them the same. So, no overall issues with brightness.
    10-22-14 10:40 AM
    Evernote

Evernote is one of the more popular note taking app around. BlackBerry has it built in and support integration of it with its Remember app. IPhone has it as a free download.

Passport vs IPhone 6 Plus-ppnip6-ev1.jpg

The IPhone version of it looks pretty. There are some UI elements that I don't understand. For example, there is no period key on the virtual keyboard. You need to switch to numeric keyboard to find it. The save button is all the way upper right which is difficult to access. The Passport has a much better layout with the toolbar lower down, virtual keyboard with punctuation available and the done (save) button easily accessible. You can see that with the Passport, you can fill more text per line.

Overall for Evernote, it works better with the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 11:09 AM
    Evernote

Evernote is one of the more popular note taking app around. BlackBerry has it built in and support integration of it with its Remember app. IPhone has it as a free download.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PPnIP6-ev1.JPG 
Views:	2150 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	308470

The IPhone version of it looks pretty. There are some UI elements that I don't understand. For example, there is no period key on the virtual keyboard. You need to switch to numeric keyboard to find it. The save button is all the way upper right which is difficult to access. The Passport has a much better layout with the toolbar lower down, virtual keyboard with punctuation available and the done (save) button easily accessible. You can see that with the Passport, you can fill more text per line.

Overall for Evernote, it works better with the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Does the Passport port work with Moleskine and Skitch? I'd be cool with a page camera.
    10-22-14 12:04 PM
    Does the Passport port work with Moleskine and Skitch? I'd be cool with a page camera.
    The Passport works great with Skitch. It is integrates with Evernote well with the entry showing up in Evernote and Remember apps.

Passport vs IPhone 6 Plus-img_20141022_101942.png
    Within Evernote

Passport vs IPhone 6 Plus-img_20141022_102329.png
    Within Remember

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 12:24 PM
    You can set the Passport to download images automatically as well as fit the email to the screen automatically. Go to hub, then settings, then display and actions and look for download images automatically and rite below that an option for resize email to fit screen.
    Thanks for this trick had no idea !! Cheers !!

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 09:17 PM
    So your saying that the iPhone allows tracking of your location by default, on the BlackBerry you would have to turn it on to track your location?

Posted via CB10
    If the default setting is to display images in emails, then yes. But only because that's the mechanism used by most tracking schemes.
    And by 'location' I don't mean your GPS co-ords, but your general location as given by ip routing.
    Though I wouldn't rule out the tracking sw being able to get GPS co-ords if you have location services on.

Bottom line: if you download images from an email you could be giving up a lot of information. So only do it from sources you trust.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 11:10 PM
80 1234