Does anyone with both a Passport and Classic find the Passport display to be a little dimmer? I was rather surprised by this when comparing the two.
    Or is there something wrong about my new Passport?

-- eldee

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 10:05 AM
    All Passport screens look a bit different. I had two reds and side by side, the new one looked dimmer and yellow, while the other one looked brighter and blue.

I don't believe any two screens are made the same and it really goes down to that. So even if your comparison is of the two screens on the Passport & Classic, someone else's comparison may be different.

Otherwise, the Passport screen is very sharp and crisp, more so than the Classic

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    12-16-15 10:43 AM
    Passport silver seems brighter than classic. This is of course subjective perception. I own both phones so I really could compare them.
    12-16-15 11:04 AM
    Does anyone with both a Passport and Classic find the Passport display to be a little dimmer? I was rather surprised by this when comparing the two.
    Or is there something wrong about my new Passport?

-- eldee

Posted via CB10
    Yes - finally someone else has noticed this issue! I bought three or four in UK and had to return each due to dim yellowish screen.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 12:01 PM
    I just returned my new Azerty Original Passport that I received this morning because the screen was dim and had a yellowish taint.

Had the same issue on the Silver Edition I returned three weeks ago.

I gave up on BlackBerry. Back on the Q10 while I decide if I buy a Nexus 6P or an iPhone 6S.
    12-16-15 12:06 PM
    so it's a little dimmer, yes, and the whites aren't as 'white' as the classic in my view. it's almost like the passport has an AMOLED display rather than an IPS. that said, it's still bright, it's just not as bright. and while i was considering whether to return it or not, i compared it to my thinkpad w530, which has a very bright display indeed -- and the passport was brighter than that.

maybe the classic display is just so bright i got spoiled?

-- eldee
    12-16-15 12:33 PM
    I personally find that the Classic's screen has a bit more of a warm white to it's than the Passport's screen.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 02:40 PM
    Why not just go to settings, display, display color settings, adjust white balance? This changes the "tint" of the diplay

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 02:48 PM
    Why not just go to settings, display, display color settings, adjust white balance? This changes the "tint" of the diplay
    i have. i've pushed it all the way to the left to 'cool' white. it reminds me of my old Q10, actually. whites just aren't really white.

-- eldee
    12-16-15 03:51 PM
    That is what I did and although not precisely the same, it is close enough now and I'm happy.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 03:53 PM
    So... I'm coming to the conclusion that the issue is the brightness sensor. When I hold the phone up to a light bulb and pull away, for a moment the display is nice and bright, but then dims again.

If only there was a way to bypass brightness auto-adjust so when I turn brightness all the way up, it really is all the way up.

-- eldee

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 04:20 PM
    i have. i've pushed it all the way to the left to 'cool' white. it reminds me of my old Q10, actually. whites just aren't really white.

-- eldee
    Are you a professional photographer and editing pictures with your phone? 'Cause I am and white balance is quite important in my work.
    But I couldn't care less about it in a phone, especially in communication workhorses like the BBs

Posted via the sexy black Panther
    12-17-15 12:26 AM
    If only there was a way to bypass brightness auto-adjust so when I turn brightness all the way up, it really is all the way up.
    ahm... i don't think that would be a great idea.
    Put it up to max brightness and let it do its job so you won't bother changing brightness from time to time whenever you'll be needing to. That feature is there for a reason
    12-17-15 03:18 AM