Since I tried my first BlackBerry back in 2011 I never trusted any other mobile phone

I used to have 9810, Z10, Q10, Z30 and now I'm sticking with my Passport and Classic

I just can't decide which one to go with each has its own unique way of typing

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 04:13 AM
    Don't think so much. Go ahead and buy the Passport. This is the high end device at this moment and it offers a total new typing experience. Also, today there's a 100 USD off promo code that can be used at the official blackberry shopping page. PM me if you decide to use it

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by fernalx; 04-17-15 at 01:06 PM.
    K EV likes this.
    04-17-15 04:22 AM
    You know I feel like I'm in the same boat as you. My Classic has been turning some heads, I wonder what people would think when they see the Passport in public.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 04:23 AM
    If u r deciding between classic and passport then go for passport. No dought it is the best blackberry yet.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-17-15 11:42 AM
    I have both, one for work, one for reading ,both phones our wonderful.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    04-17-15 01:16 PM
    You know I feel like I'm in the same boat as you. My Classic has been turning some heads, I wonder what people would think when they see the Passport in public.

Posted via CB10
    Just to clear the confusion I own currently both Classic AND Passport

Some of my friends call my passport a TV and others call it a biscuit others ask is that a real phone?!!

And the end of the day it does it matter what others may all it matters is how your phone is performing

By experience I assure you until now I find the passport is the best BlackBerry phone

The only reason I'm putting it aside and type using the classic is because of trackpad and menu button

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 04:34 PM
    If u r deciding between classic and passport then go for passport. No dought it is the best blackberry yet.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    It is indeed

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 04:34 PM
    Think of it this way. If you get the Classic, you'll always wonder what if you got the Passport. If you get the Passport however, you'll have no such thoughts because you got the best device BB makes.
    nmduc073 likes this.
    04-17-15 07:43 PM
    Think of it this way. If you get the Classic, you'll always wonder what if you got the Passport. If you get the Passport however, you'll have no such thoughts because you got the best device BB makes.
    Exactly.

...eleven BlackBerrys and counting....
    04-17-15 08:19 PM
    Exactly.

...eleven BlackBerrys and counting....
    Lol: just ten for me!

SQW-100-3 10.3.2.281 Allergy/Pulmonary
    04-17-15 11:27 PM
    Is there a way to past in Passport using keyboard instead of the touchscreen?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 01:45 AM
    I can't agree with that. I got my Passport first and wanted to try the Classic about a month after it got released. I liked it instantly and didn't really looked back to the Passport for more than two months. Then I decided to try the Passport again and enjoyed it. Yet since a few days my main SIM sits back in my Classic again.

Both devices are great for me and I always miss certain aspects of the other. The Passport for sure is THE powerhouse of both devices, yet the Classic simply has this "classic" BlackBerry feel to it, I also enjoy typing on it much more than I do on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 04:54 AM
    I also tried the Classic for some time and indeed loved it. But once you worked with the Passport, going back to the Classic was like doing a downgrade.

At the end what counts is how comfi you are with the device. And as a long it is a BlackBerry, the force will be with you :-)

Posted via CB10 from my Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-18-15 06:08 AM
    I can't agree with that. I got my Passport first and wanted to try the Classic about a month after it got released. I liked it instantly and didn't really looked back to the Passport for more than two months. Then I decided to try the Passport again and enjoyed it. Yet since a few days my main SIM sits back in my Classic again.

Both devices are great for me and I always miss certain aspects of the other. The Passport for sure is THE powerhouse of both devices, yet the Classic simply has this "classic" BlackBerry feel to it, I also enjoy typing on it much more than I do on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Those sentiments are echoed by a lot of people with smaller hands who rarely use their phones for more than just texting. If that's the case for the OP, the choice is very obvious. Heck you could go for a 9900 if that's all you want a phone for.

But the Passport is more than a phone. It's a pocket-laptop. These two phones should never even be compared. It's like asking, should I get a Honda Civic or a Tesla? Two totally different classes.
    04-18-15 08:11 AM
    Had Passport for a while, then got the Classic, which I prefer over the Passport due to the ease of use. I type much better on the Classic and I can use it better with one hand. But I like the Passport, too, due to its unconventional form and beautiful screen.
    04-18-15 08:25 AM
    Those sentiments are echoed by a lot of people with smaller hands who rarely use their phones for more than just texting. If that's the case for the OP, the choice is very obvious. Heck you could go for a 9900 if that's all you want a phone for.

But the Passport is more than a phone. It's a pocket-laptop. These two phones should never even be compared. It's like asking, should I get a Honda Civic or a Tesla? Two totally different classes.
    Now when you say its like a laptop..in what sense if I may ask?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 12:29 PM
    For me, it's the Passport over the Classic. I often feel as if the Classic keyboard buttons are too close, or something...
    04-18-15 08:58 PM
    I tried both tonight and ended up with the passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 09:09 PM
    I just think that it depends upon what would make you happier. Do a pro/con analysis. What is more important to you?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 09:23 PM
    Now when you say its like a laptop..in what sense if I may ask?

Posted via CB10
    Well you can browse online with it, like a laptop. You can view photos, videos and listen to music, like on a laptop. But I know what you're going to say, that you can do that with most phones. Although the PP passport is unmatched.

So I think that the most importantly, like a laptop, it has a physical keyboard and a sort of mouse (capacitive touch feature on keyboard) that are both separate from the screen.

Not to mention its processor and RAM that are almost as powerful as most entry-level to mid level laptops.
    04-19-15 07:57 AM
    This is a very timely thread for me. I currently own a Passport and have loved using it, but I need to switch to Verizon as my carrier due to work and they don't carry the Passport. I'm torn between going to a Classic or the Z30. Glad to hear there are so many fans of the Classic.
    04-19-15 08:18 AM
    This is a very timely thread for me. I currently own a Passport and have loved using it, but I need to switch to Verizon as my carrier due to work and they don't carry the Passport. I'm torn between going to a Classic or the Z30. Glad to hear there are so many fans of the Classic.
    Actually I owned the 3 devices Z30 classic and the Passport
    Classic and Z30 are two different phones
    Z30 is great when it comes to everything except physical keyboard

If you can't sacrifice the screen size in the favour of physical keyboard I don't think it is wise to go with classic

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 10:03 AM
    Well you can browse online with it, like a laptop. You can view photos, videos and listen to music, like on a laptop. But I know what you're going to say, that you can do that with most phones. Although the PP passport is unmatched.

So I think that the most importantly, like a laptop, it has a physical keyboard and a sort of mouse (capacitive touch feature on keyboard) that are both separate from the screen.

Not to mention its processor and RAM that are almost as powerful as most entry-level to mid level laptops.
    I do agree to the most part but there is no mouse in the passport the one that has mouse really is the classic

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 10:05 AM
    If you're after a more familiar device that works the way you know... go with the classic.
    If you're feeling more adventurous and want to try something new go with the passport.

They're honestly both great devices, personally the classic feels and looks that bit more beautiful than the passport however the passport is a beast for doing things and the keyboard is excellent after a few days of getting used to it.

Let us know which device you decide!!

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 10:49 AM
    If you're after a more familiar device that works the way you know... go with the classic.
    If you're feeling more adventurous and want to try something new go with the passport.

They're honestly both great devices, personally the classic feels and looks that bit more beautiful than the passport however the passport is a beast for doing things and the keyboard is excellent after a few days of getting used to it.

Let us know which device you decide!!

Posted via CB10
    For the time being I'm still on my classic, I miss. Flicking things up though.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 03:47 PM
39 12