Passport is a good product that generates marketing.

For android the marketing is the product.
    11-01-14 10:06 AM
    Considering Android is a OS and doesn't make any smartphones, the Passport is a phone. That's an odd thing to say, and I fail to see the point of this?

Posted via CB10
    Joao Oliveira and NtotheK like this.
    11-01-14 10:10 AM

Come again?
    11-01-14 10:11 AM

Maybe you should rethink what you're trying to get at and edit your first post... not understand the point of this...

Posted via CB10
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    11-01-14 12:26 PM

Like Mellor sayd, Android is a OS, passpor is a phone.... whats the point of this thread?
    11-01-14 12:40 PM
    But to really blow your mind, what if marketing was actually generated on the Passport?

Mind.

Blown.
    11-01-14 01:02 PM
    Bb sits down and thinks about how the phone together as a unit.

Samsung, Lg, Sony, etc. Just list features on a spec sheet.

Htc just marketing to urbanites (u guiz r race sensitive)

Atleast that's what I think,

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾ । ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਹਿ । ।
    11-01-14 02:52 PM
    The medium is the message...

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 02:55 PM
    Maybe you should rethink what you're trying to get at and edit your first post... not understand the point of this...

Posted via CB10
    Don't know what you don't understand he is making a very good point that BlackBerry is using the passport as a way of marketing for the company and Google is using one of their products called android as a marketing tool to get your information and sell it to companies so that they could do some marketing

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-01-14 03:03 PM
    Don't know what you don't understand he is making a very good point that BlackBerry is using the passport as a way of marketing for the company and Google is using one of their products called android as a marketing tool to get your information and sell it to companies so that they could do some marketing

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    Android rarely gets advertised, it's the manufacturers that do most of the advertisements. Also, you should learn the difference between Marketing and advertising

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 04:13 PM

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    I could not have deciphered that from his original point, it was awfully worded and poorly explained.

However, i can kind of see the resemblance to that now, thanks for the translation.

And, in that case, I'd have to agree with you OP, BlackBerry has done a great job marketing this device through its design without actually having to market it!

I've got friends and even random people coming up to me and asking things like "Is that the new BlackBerry?" or "Is that the BlackBerry Passport?!" or "Amazing! Can I try it out for a couple minutes?" and it's all in good intentions with people generally happy about the device!

Almost always they reply that the device would be too big for them, so I put it in their hands and open up the browser, show them a webpage or too and some of the neat features, they're loving this phone and they're actually wanting to see it without having ever seen a real advertisement.

Now that actual advertisements are starting to go around, this hype is going to go great!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 04:18 PM
    Passport sells itself. Android sells you.

More concise, but suffers from an imperfect correlation.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 04:23 PM
    I could not have deciphered that from his original point, it was awfully worded and poorly explained.

However, i can kind of see the resemblance to that now, thanks for the translation.

Now that actual advertisements are starting to go around, this hype is going to go great!

Posted via CB10
    Could have sworn the first post was troll bait as well.

Could you post links to actual commercials besides the "work wide" one from the keynote?
    11-01-14 04:28 PM
    Could have sworn the first post was troll bait as well.

Could you post links to actual commercials besides the "work wide" one from the keynote?
    Lmao yup!

And i haven't actually seen any of the commercials first-hand on TV, but there's been a few threads about commercials that aired during the Raptors and Leafs games about the Raptors GM using it, and a couple others!

Also, i created a thread about how they're also trying to sneak into the gamer/family audience on the Xbox 360:
    passport vs android philosophy-img_20141101_114555_hdr.jpg
    And here was one ad the next day:
    passport vs android philosophy-img_20141101_114522_hdr.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 04:40 PM
    Philosophy ....
    Don't ask, figure it out.
    11-01-14 04:47 PM
    Android rarely gets advertised, it's the manufacturers that do most of the advertisements. Also, you should learn the difference between Marketing and advertising

Posted via CB10
    I understand the difference it was a point that the op made and some people didn't understand so I explained what I thought he was trying to say

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-01-14 06:11 PM