Now that we all know more about the slider, the BlackBerry customized Android with the hub and all... what would you prefer?? Your favorite version of Passport with the Work Wide (albeit square) concept, or the Venice??

Given the fact that most of us PP owners already use many many Android apps on our Passports and how awkwardly slow and buggy they perform... writing is on the wall that developers have long stopped supporting the BlackBerry OS10. It is not the lack of high follower apps like Pinterest , FB, Linkedin or Instagram that I am talking about... it is the hundreds of smaller apps that no one on the BlackBerry side is even considering to develop... I for one have apps for each of my credit cards, bank accounts, camera wi-fi connectivity apps, cloud based storage apps, AutoDesk drawing apps and many many more... as a more specific example that has been bugging me -I have tried every program that is similar to Evernote and they all suck on the Passport... there is still nothing out there for the BlackBerry that is similar to the SNote on Samsung... I have 51droid apps on my Passport (many of which are perpetually quasi compatible due to the lack of Google Play Svcs on the BlackBerry. Yes, OS10 is probably the best OS out there but developers no longer consider it an imperative standard to support... it has served as a good bridge solution and at this point has the same prognosis as the Betamax.

I know that I will embrace the Venice for the following reasons:

1. Keyboard based BlackBerry ecosphere (Link/Blend/12)
    2. Hundreds of apps - Android
    3. Possibly the most unique and secure Android based device... quite possibly "the" most secure device, period.
    4. Screen aspect ratio finally being in keeping with the 16/9 standard
    5. Hopefully a min 4,000mAh battery due to the larger size and design

What r your thoughts??

Matt

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 02:03 PM
    Get both!

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-22-15 02:19 PM
    I love my Passport, can't see myself wanting to replace it anytime soon. I love BB10 and think it is a great OS. Honestly, if they would just update the Android runtime it would be so much better. But, since that will not be happening, I caved and bought an LG G3 to supplement all the apps missing from the BB10 ecosystem, mainly ones that require full Google services to run.

As a daily driver, the Passport does everything I need it to for basic communications, school and business. The G3 takes care of all of my side projects and social connectivity, like my youtube channel. While I'm sure the Venice will be a nice combination of the two, there are also many instances where I'd want to keep those things separate, and on separate devices. I'm interested to see what special features and tweaks have been done on that device, but otherwise I am totally set with 2 different phones, and I think a lot of other people are too.

Just my two cents

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    czechberry likes this.
    08-22-15 02:23 PM
    Get both!

.........and swap SIM when the mood strikes you

Z30 STA 100-3/10.3.2.2339
    zombiecupcake likes this.
    08-22-15 02:25 PM
    .........and swap SIM when the mood strikes you

Z30 STA 100-3/10.3.2.2339
    ....And you know I will be doing that when the slider comes out.

Via BlackBerry Passport "SE" OS 10.3.2.2339 on Blazin Fast T-Mobile
    08-22-15 02:38 PM
    The upkeep of OS10 and also a customized Android experience is not sustainable as a business model, it's not going to happen in the long run... If BlackBerry is to survive then I strongly believe that the Passport SE will end up being the last BlackBerry device with a proprietary OS.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 03:28 PM
    We are not promised tomorrow so I say go with passport Se!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 09:26 PM
    I currently have a note 4. I will be waiting for both the Venice and the passport running Android.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-22-15 09:55 PM
    how do you know an android bb would have full google playstore/services?
    they might not agree to google's terms and just use android opensourced...

in that case, how is bb10 with android runtime that different than an android bb? I mean if they got around to fixing runtime so it isn't buggy/laggy that is.

what features does android have that people want? I mean, outside of android apps... I'm talking about core OS features.
    08-23-15 02:36 AM
    Because they would not be bothering with this whole exercise if it didn't.

Plus all the leaks indicate it's there.

08-23-15 05:57 AM
    ...and if they don't then I fear it will be over for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 06:37 AM
    If BlackBerry will drop BB OS10 so I would like to upgrade (or downgrade?) with my Passport to the BlackBerry Android...I would buy the Slider with Android...So just wait some weeks and make your decision...it depends on what you like to do with your device...if you depend on Android Apps get the slider

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 07:14 AM
    Now that we all know more about the slider, the BlackBerry customized Android with the hub and all... what would you prefer?? Your favorite version of Passport with the Work Wide (albeit square) concept, or the Venice??

Given the fact that most of us PP owners already use many many Android apps on our Passports and how awkwardly slow and buggy they perform... writing is on the wall that developers have long stopped supporting the BlackBerry OS10. It is not the lack of high follower apps like Pinterest , FB, Linkedin or Instagram that I am talking about... it is the hundreds of smaller apps that no one on the BlackBerry side is even considering to develop... I for one have apps for each of my credit cards, bank accounts, camera wi-fi connectivity apps, cloud based storage apps, AutoDesk drawing apps and many many more... as a more specific example that has been bugging me -I have tried every program that is similar to Evernote and they all suck on the Passport... there is still nothing out there for the BlackBerry that is similar to the SNote on Samsung... I have 51droid apps on my Passport (many of which are perpetually quasi compatible due to the lack of Google Play Svcs on the BlackBerry. Yes, OS10 is probably the best OS out there but developers no longer consider it an imperative standard to support... it has served as a good bridge solution and at this point has the same prognosis as the Betamax.

I know that I will embrace the Venice for the following reasons:

1. Keyboard based BlackBerry ecosphere (Link/Blend/12)
    2. Hundreds of apps - Android
    3. Possibly the most unique and secure Android based device... quite possibly "the" most secure device, period.
    4. Screen aspect ratio finally being in keeping with the 16/9 standard
    5. Hopefully a min 4,000mAh battery due to the larger size and design

What r your thoughts??

Matt

Posted via CB10
    4000 battery. Dream on.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 07:32 AM
    they might not agree to google's terms and just use android opensourced...

in that case, how is bb10 with android runtime that different than an android bb? I mean if they got around to fixing runtime so it isn't buggy/laggy that is.

what features does android have that people want? I mean, outside of android apps... I'm talking about core OS features.
    Considering they show several Google apps in the mockups, I'd say you're wrong.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 07:33 AM
    Passport is a known commodity, slider is not. I will wait and see.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-23-15 10:39 AM
    I'll sooner f#ck a donkey than get an Android Phone to actually use. But that's just me.

I use three or four Droid apps om my PPSE. Could live without them if I had to.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 11:20 AM
    Yes... I agree that the Passport is a known commodity with a lot of problems starting with the lack of apps, buggy runtime android with lots of issues that every power user is familiar with... As much as it is my most advanced and most favorite BlackBerry to date it remains a half baked product with lots of issues -and no light at the end of the tunnel... unless of course "IF" the Venice turns out to be on par with the myriad of successful Android devices like the Motorola X/G but with additional "BlackBerry" customization for interface and security. Personally, that is what would be good for me as a user, for BlackBerry and also for the shareholders.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 11:23 AM
    I'd go the other way and say BB10 already offers more than Android and iOS. I don't agree that Android offers superior apps, more vast yes but not better quality or better for productivity. The HUB++, BeBuzz headless app types ,are what I'm referring to here. They along with BB10 are what make the iphones and Droids companion devices to my Passport or Classic.

I've never been able to make one device do everything and Android fills the iOS gaps for me. Right now I use a Classic with no Play or Amazon sourced apps as my phone. A Passport as my main driver (if stationary for long enough) and also tote around a Lumia 1520 for the photography and Nokia maps. Reluctantly I also have a Samsung Tab S 8.4 for the must have Android apps requiring Kit Kat 4.4 or higher which won't work on the Passport (Livescribe pen app).

A BlackBerry Android would be welcome by me because i'd love to lose the Android tablet and if the Venice has a cracking camera, the Lumia would go too. If we had the option to load Android on my Passport I would.

 Black Passport via CB10
    08-25-15 09:28 AM
    I'd choose the Android Passport over the slider, because I truly enjoy the form factor.

I have come to love BBOS speed and fluidity, but I miss the "hacking" that Android allows me to do. System-wide adblock, skirting around carrier restrictions for tethering, stuff like that.
    08-25-15 10:10 AM