Now obviously we can all look up and compare the technical specifications of each device and objectively analyze which device is 'better,' depending on your definition of 'better.'

However, for those of you that have, or currently do own a Passport and a Classic, which phone meets your needs better and why?

Which phone is better suited for which tasks? Or is there much of a difference. With the passport being just a tad more than the classic, you're pretty much paying the same price for both. (With many of the smart phones now days being $700+ I don't see a big jump from paying $379 to $399)
    03-26-16 02:59 AM
    Had the Classic had the same specs as the Passport I would have one now, however I didn't see it as an upgrade from my Z10 but the form factor of the Classic would have suited me better.

I know you wanted to leave specs aside but I think BlackBerry missed an opportunity with the Classic.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running 10.3.2.2639
    03-26-16 03:43 AM
    Classic for me. The form factor is amazing. I get the whole work wide thing but the Passport was really hard to use with one hand. Of course on the Passport typing was really fun because I'd just swipe up for the predicted words, but using the Passport with one hand just to browse something was difficult. Besides I don't run any games or anything so the extra power the Passport offered didn't bother me when I switched to the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 03:52 AM
    If I had small hands I might like the classic more. Sorry to miss that phone. It's a nice size to manage. The Passport is luxury just need a little more work into the t shirt pocket.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    03-26-16 08:23 AM
    I have both. The Classic is a much easier one hander, fits in pockets, doesn't get hung on things when in a holster. The Passport has better battery life, faster LTE, renders Web pages faster, and text is easier to read.

I had been carrying the Classic for a few months, but switched back to my Passport following my temporary exile at Denver International Airport Wednesday. Trying to work off the Classic just didn't work as well, for me, as working off the Passport has in the past.

Gary - Now working wide.
    PantherBlitz and andy957 like this.
    03-26-16 08:43 AM
    A good business colleague has the classic I use the Passport. As to size, the Passport goes in any pocket so it doesn't matter to me. I like the size of the screen too much to switch back. I've always wondered if they would do the Z30 with a physical keyboard. Seems like a logical size to me. I love the battery life on a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 09:27 AM
    Both of the phones are really good. The keyboards are excellent too. I think I can really say if one is better than the other. The extra screen size on the Passport Silver Edition that I have is very welcoming and allows me to read documents easier and also is great for taking pictures. The Classic is easier to use with hand, but I can use the SE one-handed for the most part as well. Passport battery and speed are definitely clear winners. Some apps function better on the more powerful device too.

Get whatever works best for your own needs!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 09:27 AM
    4 row keyboard vs 3 is a factor too. I had the Passport and it took a while to get used to that. Now using a classic and one handed use and general ease of mobility is a lot better.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-26-16 09:45 AM
    When I use the Passport and try to alter a setting or do some sort of quick task, I have to stop, use both hands and get it done. If I try to do even small things on the go, I often mess it up and just frustrate myself. On the Classic, it's quite a bit easier to get something done on the go with one hand. The reassuring clicks of the toolbelt and trackpad buttons give you confidence that you haven't accidentally hit the wrong function.

But whenever I return to the Passport after a good while on the Classic, my eyes light up at the large and beautiful display. It's good to have both that's all I can say.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    03-26-16 10:36 AM
    Oh look, another Passport V Classic thread.

I have both. Classic is more convenient and I use it more. Passport is faster and has a bigger screen, but so does a Lumia 950XL. If I carry Classic + Lumia + Passport, I find myself using Classic 90% of the time and Lumia the rest.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 02:18 PM
    Oh look, another Passport V Classic thread.

I have both. Classic is more convenient and I use it more. Passport is faster and has a bigger screen, but so does a Lumia 950XL. If I carry Classic + Lumia + Passport, I find myself using Classic 90% of the time and Lumia the rest.

Posted via CB10
    I actually quite enjoy these Passport vs. Classic threads!

Posted via CB10
    kertong likes this.
    03-26-16 02:43 PM
    I actually quite enjoy these Passport vs. Classic threads!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah me too...it is an interesting conversation. But in the end we always arrive at the same conclusion. Classic is easier to use and Passport is more powerful. It is good to have both so that you can compare. Until recently I have been on the Passport for over a year and now I'm on the Classic until I don't feel like it anymore or feel like being back on the Passport.

Ideally I'd like to have both phones active so I don't have to do that stupid SIM switch. Then I'd switch it up daily. In fact a phone company has to come up with that idea...companion devices with dual SIM and sync capability...but of course carriers have to be on board with that too. In the UAE you can have a dual SIM system and essentially run 2 phones on 1 account with the same number.
    03-26-16 04:18 PM
    I own both and now use Passport exclusively. Main problem with Classic was slow loading and changing week views within native calendar app: sometimes I had to make or edit entries quickly, and the Classic was unable to keep up.

Sad reason to switch phones, but Passport is faster for the calendar app. Battery life is generally better for Passport too.
    03-26-16 08:55 PM
    Of course, the Passport in general will always be faster and outperform the Classic... but so what? If the Classic does everything that you need a phone to do, then isn't that enough?
    bigjman likes this.
    03-30-16 08:18 AM
    It's for sure enough. If I want more horsepower or screen I would tote a tablet.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    03-30-16 09:15 AM
    I'm leaning towards the Classic right now. Much easier to use one-handed and get stuff done on the go.
    03-30-16 11:41 AM
    Yes, I am one of those that is very indecisive and am constantly switching between the two devices. First world problem, I know. Both devices are really good at what they do. I really do enjoy the physical keyboard of the Classic, and that's the main draw of it that keeps me coming back. There is also the physical keyboard of the Passport, but I just find that, although it feels nicer than a virtual keyboard, the Passport's keyboard is just a little too wide for my liking. The extra thumb travel from key to key can be a bit fatiguing. The tighter Classic keyboard just feels really good to be typing on. I never thought that I would ever go back to a physical keyboard again, since using the Bold 9700, and then the Z10 and Z30 devices; but, the Classic definitely appeals to those looking for that feeling that they got in the past from their old Bolds. The Passport is really nice too, but after awhile, the size can be a little be offputting. I would rather have a device that is more pragmatic than flashy.
    03-30-16 12:38 PM
    I just tried the Classic today in the AT&T Store. (When I walked in and asked the greeter if they still carried BlackBerry, he looked as if he had never heard of it, and said, "No." I said, what about the Priv? "No, but the Samsungs are over there and the iPhones are right here." So I said, thanks, walked to the back of the store, and there were the BlackBerry Classic and Priv on display. So much for sales people who know their stock, but it tells you something about the total marginalization of BlackBerry by the carriers, or at least AT&T.)

Anyway, I already have a Passport, and was thinking of getting the Classic for my wife, who uses her phone mostly for texting and taking (and emailing) photos. She would like a pkbd, has small hands, and finds the Passport to be unwieldy. But I just couldn't get excited about the Classic--the screen resolution and size, the slower response time, and a camera that doesn't match the one on the Passport. I also tried the Priv again, which might work in terms of the pkbd, but for sure my wife doesn't want to be dealing with Android, or the price of the Priv, for that matter.

The Passport remains the best phone I've ever owned, covers everything I need, and the only downside for some people is the overall size. It's not a problem for me.
    03-31-16 02:26 PM
    I just tried the Classic today in the AT&T Store. (When I walked in and asked the greeter if they still carried BlackBerry, he looked as if he had never heard of it, and said, "No." I said, what about the Priv? "No, but the Samsungs are over there and the iPhones are right here." So I said, thanks, walked to the back of the store, and there were the BlackBerry Classic and Priv on display. So much for sales people who know their stock, but it tells you something about the total marginalization of BlackBerry by the carriers, or at least AT&T.)

Anyway, I already have a Passport, and was thinking of getting the Classic for my wife, who uses her phone mostly for texting and taking (and emailing) photos. She would like a pkbd, has small hands, and finds the Passport to be unwieldy. But I just couldn't get excited about the Classic--the screen resolution and size, the slower response time, and a camera that doesn't match the one on the Passport. I also tried the Priv again, which might work in terms of the pkbd, but for sure my wife doesn't want to be dealing with Android, or the price of the Priv, for that matter.

The Passport remains the best phone I've ever owned, covers everything I need, and the only downside for some people is the overall size. It's not a problem for me.
    Wouldn't she just be better off with an iPod Touch since she's not using it as a phone? Just a thought.
    03-31-16 09:15 PM
    Wouldn't she just be better off with an iPod Touch since she's not using it as a phone? Just a thought.
    Well, she does need to have phone capability, too.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 10:11 PM
    The Classic is definitely a very good and a very capable phone. I keep switching back and forth between the Passport Silver Edition and the Classic. I find that I am far more productive on the Classic than I am on the Passport, for the simple reason that I tend to waste more time on the Passport!
    03-31-16 10:33 PM
    Well, she does need to have phone capability, too.

Posted via CB10
    Well it's the only (and likely the last) modern smartphone to have a trackpad and toolbelt. I'm glad I got to try it out before this gem of a system disappeared off the market.
    bigjman likes this.
    03-31-16 10:35 PM
    I am very happy with my Passport for the same reason. I really wish that BlackBerry retain the Passport concept in the future.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 11:55 PM
    I was considering classic before I get my passport SE.. but classic specs isn't good, it's like little upgrade from BlackBerry Bold 9900..
    But passport has much better spec, so I chose passport despite the form factor.. but after all the form factor isn't that bad

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 01:11 AM
    Just got a Leap recently and gotta say the Hub looks great in a rectangular tall format. My one complaint about the Classic is how small the hub appears in it. The list of communications is much higher on the Leap and the Passport. This is where screen real estate really pays off. I am starting to miss my Passport but still pleased with the Classic.
    04-08-16 10:25 PM
44 12