If Chen wants to release one interesting device per year he could do worse than a tablet. An 8 inch tablet so that everyone that has their classics and Passports can get something else.

Personally, I could use a passport for the next couple years. But I am in the market for a tablet.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 11:49 AM
    I use a laptop for editing of large worksheets and big documents, Powerpoint etc. I had to get a tablet to help fly my drones so I chose an iPad Mini and I also have a Playbook. To be honest, though - I rarely use the tablets because the Passport just works so well. There are sometimes when I will email myself a link for later review on a larger screen (especially from Reddit In Motion, the native Reddit browser for BB10) - but it's not that often.
    05-02-15 11:51 AM
    IPad Mini. Received it as a birthday present. I use it for games, videos and other things the Passport screen is just that bit too small for or I cannot get the app.
    05-02-15 12:03 PM
    Still have my trusty old iPad 2

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 06:03 PM
    I have a nexus 7 (2013) version. I never use it.

If I bought another tablet it would probably be a surface pro.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 06:26 PM
    This :-) >> https://jolla.com/tablet/

Via Pasta CB10
    It feels like BB10 Definitely want to check Sailfish out. But the 4.5 inch phone is too small for my taste.

Btw, before when I have a Q10, I have a Nexus 7 as a tablet but now I don't have the need for a tablet anymore. I have a Kindle White to read though.
    05-02-15 06:53 PM
    Depends what your use case is. These days, considering you can get a very well performing pennable tablet for cheap, I wouldn't buy one without active stylus capabilities. No need to get a Surface Pro unless you really need the computing power. At the end of the day, you need to provide more info as to what you need in a tablet for me to help you!

The new Surface 3 seems like it's going to be awesome. Well performing full Windows experience with an active nTrig digitizer/pen combo for note taking in college or what not, keyboard attachment for typing up longer documents. I'm pretty confident the hardware will play nice and work with current builds of Android-x86, so you can dual boot both Windows and native Android, making it a 2-in-1 pennable tablet for productivity/play time. So far and above anything Apple offers it's not even funny.

Did anyone else read the cost of components for the Apple watch is $87.70? What a rip off.
    05-02-15 06:58 PM
    I personally chose the Samsung Galaxy tab s LTE series network model that I data share with my primary phone device and the tablet! Being able to share data with both my devices really works for me and I simply love this tablet! It's speedy, HD quality screen, and is great while on the go! It's the perfect size when you need a larger screen device to read documents, watch netflix or even read books or magazines.

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2708 Rogers Wireless
    05-02-15 06:59 PM
    I've been using an Asus VivoTab 8, with Win8.1 and a pen. It's a great companion to my Passport, especially when I use Blue TouchPad to type on the tablet with the Passport. Mostly, I use the tablet for Office apps and OneNote, stuff that the Passport does clumsily.

I just got notice that my new Surface 3 has shipped - really looking forward to a 4GB tablet, the VivoTab is a little underpowered with only 2GB of RAM. Would have loved to have the budget for a Pro 3, but I think the plain 3 will be quite acceptable.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    05-02-15 07:17 PM
    I've been using an Asus VivoTab 8, with Win8.1 and a pen. It's a great companion to my Passport, especially when I use Blue TouchPad to type on the tablet with the Passport. Mostly, I use the tablet for Office apps and OneNote, stuff that the Passport does clumsily.

I just got notice that my new Surface 3 has shipped - really looking forward to a 4GB tablet, the VivoTab is a little underpowered with only 2GB of RAM. Would have loved to have the budget for a Pro 3, but I think the plain 3 will be quite acceptable.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    VTN8 was too cheap and too small to comfortably write on IMO. Had a lot of issues with ****ed up digitizer cables from the factory. I returned mine. You could get a used i3 SP3 for less than the new S3 and it's quite a bit more powerful. For note taking and basic computing stuff, you'll be fine.
    05-02-15 07:22 PM
    It feels like BB10 Definitely want to check Sailfish out. But the 4.5 inch phone is too small for my taste.
    YES! The Swipe-UI is just awesome. And it works on other devices too.

Via Pasta CB10
    05-02-15 07:37 PM
    Some months ago I bought an Asus T100 with Intel Atom and Win 8.1. It has a removable keyboard so I can use it as a notebook and tablet. It�s works like a charm even running Windows 10 Preview...
    05-03-15 12:00 AM
    If Chen wants to release one interesting device per year he could do worse than a tablet. An 8 inch tablet so that everyone that has their classics and Passports can get something else.

Personally, I could use a passport for the next couple years. But I am in the market for a tablet.

Posted via CB10
    I think the primary reason for dropping development in Playbook and exiting the tablet market (which to be fair, BlackBerry can never say they are a part of) is because it has no place in their system or package.

Much like how Microsoft killed the much anticipated Courier and end up letting Samsung "be inspired" by much of its functions and UI in its Note line because it doesn't fit in with any other Microsoft products. Tablets running Playbook or BlackBerry 10 OS would not fit in with BlackBerry's business model. Would business professionals really need to carry around a tablet that doesn't run full PC? In the consumer market, what can a tablet be marketed as beyond a media consumption device. If it were to be a productive device would it need to be on par with Microsoft Windows and MacBook or is it going to compete with BlackBerry handsets? How many of the productive functions present in a BlackBerry handset could they bring to a tablet before the handset becomes redundant and tempts users to carry an iPhone with their Playbook instead? How would they retain customers who decide to do so, creates a cloud solution and a wider product ecosphere like Apple, Microsoft and Android? Then what will enterprise users think?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-03-15 12:16 AM
    iPad air. I tried the Surface the other day and had a hard time scrolling. And the iPad mini is too small, considering you also have the Passport. Stick with the flagship Apple tablet, which will have all the apps you'll ever need.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Avenzuno; 05-03-15 at 12:47 AM.
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    05-03-15 12:31 AM
    I think the new ipad air 2 is a great package. Great apps, excellent support and customer service, many future os updates, good battery life, lightweight, fingerprint scanner, sound quality is phenomenal for movies, reliable and the addition of 2gb of ram makes it run smooth(er). I had been using a playbook for years but it had become painfully slow.
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    05-03-15 12:51 AM
    I think if I will ever buy a tablet, I'll buy a Surface.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 01:48 AM
    I think if I will ever buy a tablet, I'll buy a Surface.

Posted via CB10
    Good call. Unbelievably more productive than comparable Apple product.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 01:58 AM
    Good call. Unbelievably more productive than comparable Apple product.

Posted via CB10
    Since I got my BlackBerry 10 phone I don't research much about those tablet. But correct me if I'm wrong, Surface is not like a real tablet, it's like a computer that you can do anything if you install the softwares. Right?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 03:59 AM
    Macbook Air. Great battery life and runs all MS you may need, as well as Chrome, R, Latex etc.

Android Fire HDX = great, cheap, well built tablet. Long battery life and very well priced.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 03:59 AM
    Surface is the best but the PLAYBOOK was built like an armoured vehicle compared to anything put out now. It would be nice if that same tough high quality of hardware was used with new devices.
    05-03-15 12:46 PM
    Surface Pro 3 is the only answer if you want productivity.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 01:25 PM
    With windows 10 announcement i'd say the surface. Even though i hate tiles.
    nexus 7 you can't go wrong

if you are all about apps (having a passport you definitely aren't) than ipad is your best choice sadly. I hate to say it but iOS apps are the best apps out there performance and polished wise.

iOS apps on win10 is going to be amazing though!!
    05-03-15 01:42 PM
    Since I got my BlackBerry 10 phone I don't research much about those tablet. But correct me if I'm wrong, Surface is not like a real tablet, it's like a computer that you can do anything if you install the softwares. Right?

Posted via CB10
    it's a laptop/tablet hybrid. It's more powerful than most people's computers but it's definitely a tablet. It mainly uses the app model.

Windows store has most of the top 100 apps and with the ios/android port announcement (100x easier than to port android apps to bb10) you are going to see a lot more apps.
    05-03-15 01:43 PM
    Since my Passport I haven't turned on my iPad Air.

Posted via CB10
    John Doe99 likes this.
    05-03-15 01:53 PM
    it's a laptop/tablet hybrid. It's more powerful than most people's computers but it's definitely a tablet. It mainly uses the app model.

Windows store has most of the top 100 apps and with the ios/android port announcement (100x easier than to port android apps to bb10) you are going to see a lot more apps.
    Wrong. The old Surface ran Windows RT which indeed was a crippled version of windows based on ARM processor running apps only.

Microsoft ditched that project. The new Surface 3 available tomorrow, I believe, is an x86 tablet running full Windows and powered by the new Intel Atom processor. It's not based on the app model but a full computer.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 02:08 PM
96 1234