12-11-16 10:43 PM
614 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Passport is my usual browser and emailer, and often my to go music and camera. Simcard was in it only a few days; I don't prefer it as a phone. Got a weeee bit of that dadburned double typing going on, but not bad.
    07-19-16 09:20 AM
    +1 but I don't know.

After about four months with Priv, I want an option to return to Passport but with the Android/DTEK OS. I miss the working wide, and it says something that I've gone to the next gen phone and the form factor on Passport was awk, at times inconvenient, and I miss it.

I'm hoping that one of the coming phones is a narrower Passport with similar specs. But then, I'm also hoping they raze the entire customer service department and partner up to develop locations where we can bring problem phones for fixing / replacement. Ha.
    07-30-16 09:44 PM
    I love the device form factor and most of the functionality. It does still have bugs though with random battery drain and stuttering typing. However, I suspect that this is related to Android runtime, too.

The biggest problem I have is my device doesn't support China Mobile 4G so I am left with 2G. Nor can I get a decent VPN for BB10 which precludes linking my Gmail, Facebook and Twitter in China where I live. At east with my 9900 the emails were pushed through. But not with BB10.

In short, the device is great but the software isn't meeting my needs anymore even though I love BB10. I may have to move to a DTEK50 for the above reasons. Sadly.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 12:04 AM
    I'm in love with my SE. Every time I use it I feel like it's the best good looking phone in the world. The OS is perfect and the keyboard is perfect and easy. Browser is faster than other platforms. I can't believe that I will have to purchase an android phone in the future since most of the apps already left BB10 and more will leave too, including Whatsapp. I will definitely never sell my SE. I will keep it forever to remember the best phone I ever had since the Bold 9000

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 01:51 AM
    Still in love with my Passport. Even more so now that I've made the earnest effort to utilize the tools provided by the eminently awesome Cobalt for Android compatability, with Google Play, Maps and several apks that needed the Android resources to work. I also bought and now use CellNinja's Bridge and Droid Bridge for my Pebble Time. Sorry, Ben.

That said, has anyone found a solution to the repeated crashes of Google Framework and these other patched codesets? I've done some research, but haven't been as successful as I'd like.

Posted via CB10, on a BlackBerry Passport
    07-31-16 11:14 AM
    I'm still loving my PP SE. All hardware and software, apps, etc. work great. Also have 6 apps from Google that all work fine. People see it and are curious and impressed. Best device ever. I'm still thinking of getting another for back-up.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley and Chris Chin like this.
    07-31-16 12:01 PM
    Love love love my passport SE - best best best device for me. I do a lot of interviews by phone - writer - and it has ther best antenna and pulls signal out of noweher like no other devices. And it's an amazing multitasking pocket 'puter.

But it's lacking a feature of my beloved 9900 that I admit I miss very very much: A dedicated key to end calls!
    Sometimes I go to "hang up" and it's easy, other times it's a pain in the patootie!!!!

Any suggestions? I mean, I'd be happy just to be able to get back the live screen without leaping through digital hoops!!!
    : )

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    07-31-16 12:30 PM
    Whenever I see someone struggling with a frozen or laggy Droid, or a frozen iphone, I smile. Never have those problems. Hopefully, TEAM BLACKBERRY WILL GET THEIR COLLECTIVE SH!# TOGETHER AND PROVIDE CROSS PLATFORM VIDEO AND TRUE NATIVE APPS!!!!!!

Yep. A PassPort.
    Acchaladka likes this.
    07-31-16 12:44 PM
    Agreed. Was on my iPad today - not intuitive at all. Just LOVE my Passport. We need to have this thing updated in both offical languages (OS10 and droid!). Praying for this and you BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 06:02 PM
    Yes, very!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    08-01-16 09:54 PM
    Yes! I love it so much I just bought a spare from CB marketplace. Should be good for 8 years out at least...
    08-01-16 10:21 PM
    I tried to use my LG G4 again, lasted a day at work, damn thing died in 5 hours, after 8 hours, my Passport still has 60%. I'm very happy with my Passport. Every app I use works great on it and I never have to worry about plugging in.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 10:43 PM
    yup

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 01:56 AM
    I love the device form factor and most of the functionality. It does still have bugs though with random battery drain and stuttering typing. However, I suspect that this is related to Android runtime, too.

The biggest problem I have is my device doesn't support China Mobile 4G so I am left with 2G. Nor can I get a decent VPN for BB10 which precludes linking my Gmail, Facebook and Twitter in China where I live. At east with my 9900 the emails were pushed through. But not with BB10.

In short, the device is great but the software isn't meeting my needs anymore even though I love BB10. I may have to move to a DTEK50 for the above reasons. Sadly.

Posted via CB10
    Use unicom, in my experience better provider anyways and passport supports their 4g.
    For vpn iqlinqus.net reasonably priced and can be added to native vpn client.
    Thats my combo for life in china with passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 07:20 PM
    Yes love my passport don't need many apps I also have the priv but keep going back to my passport for social media I use face 10 inst10 and twittley those work very well for me I don't use snap chat or Uber love the size and keyboard I have the white passport so clean and sexy

Posted via CB10
    08-04-16 07:34 PM
    Best device ever made in the world.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 05:40 AM
    I have no regrets! I am very satisfied ,so much that i bought a second one a month and half ago as a backup unit.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 01:36 PM
    After one year, I report very satisfied. This is one great phone. To me it's everything BlackBerry stands for. Pity they don't realize it.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 06:36 AM
    Not anymore OP. Phone optimization went downhill from the second month. Little glitches and more and more apps upgraded past last ART so more and more issues with necessary apps not loading properly. Then little by little browser issues. Facebook and WhatsApp pulling support. Only Blackberry that I replaced this quick. After 6 months bought a Priv, put the Passport in storage. Haven't looked back. They haven't updated BB10 since 10.3.2 and 10.3.3 is almost six months late. That may explain part of the problem.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-07-16 07:01 AM
    Yep so much so I just purchased my third one from Jojo212 here on CB!

Passport SQW100-1/ 10.3.1.2876, Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 03:16 PM
    Yes. Except for occasional overheating.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 04:07 PM
    Yep and will still use as my main driver but just purchased a Priv now that the Verizon version has draped in price to $408. The Priv will replace my second BB10 phon which is currently a Z10 on Verizon.

Need something new to play with now that there are zero BB10 leaks to load.

Passport running on 10.3.2. 2876
    08-19-16 05:40 PM
    I just got one about a month ago, the SE to be exact. I didn't like it when I first opened it, but am falling in love with it more and more.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-16 12:06 AM
    Yooo!

Posted via CB10
    08-20-16 01:43 AM
    Now a year on, and I still consider my SE Passport as the best phone for me. I only wish BlackBerry would bring out a Passport 2, with Android that gives me the same experience. Anyone else feel the same? This is one distinctive, but also productive phone.

Posted via CB10
    wlragland likes this.
    08-20-16 01:51 AM
614 ... 1718192021 ...