12-11-16 10:43 PM
614 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    Just purchased the Silver edition off of Ebay with all the accessories for a great price. This is an amazing smartphone. Was a Blackberry user (Curve then Torch) then moved to a HTC, Galaxy S2, iPhone 5, Acer Liquid E3, Lumia 930, iPhone 6 and now the Passport so I've used all the os types. I was intrigued by the passport when it first came out but was afraid of the app issue so didn't jump. All of them have their pros and cons of course but so far I'm loving this phone. And except for a few apps I've found many that I use constantly. I still have to sideload the Google play store so that should take care of the rest once I do that.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-26-16 01:09 PM
    The only gripe I have with this phone is the lack of Wi-Fi calling. I wish it was enabled out the box and if it was I think I would do a rotation of the Classic and Passport.

I know I could use Sachesi, but I really don't know how to use it and I don't want to brick the phone.

Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-26-16 09:19 PM
    Just today I was using mine after switching from a S6 edge plus
    Right now I have S6 Edge Plus (and had two Passports) and here is what I think. Passport is a great "email machine" with a PKB that makes it feel great to type on. But, it's too far from what modern smartphone is. With S6 Edge plus I can:
    - Make any payments in the store without credit cards or cash. Just using my phone and NFC technology. Use it all the time.
    - Watch movies in the bed on a huge screen (5.7") OR watch movies in my virtual cinema using my smartphone with Gear VR (use it all the time too).
    - Read any book with cloud sync (Play Books app)
    - If I need something I know there is an app in the Play Store.
    - If I need to make an amazing photo I can do that with S6 Edge+

But Passport organize all email boxes in one place and let you type on PKB. Well, that's not enough in 2016. Modern expensive Android smartphone is a truelly powerhouse that can do many things for you.
    03-28-16 11:50 AM
    Right now I have S6 Edge Plus (and had two Passports) and here is what I think. Passport is a great "email machine" with a PKB that makes it feel great to type on. But, it's too far from what modern smartphone is. With S6 Edge plus I can:
    - Make any payments in the store without credit cards or cash. Just using my phone and NFC technology. Use it all the time.
    - Watch movies in the bed on a huge screen (5.7") OR watch movies in my virtual cinema using my smartphone with Gear VR (use it all the time too).
    - Read any book with cloud sync (Play Books app)
    - If I need something I know there is an app in the Play Store.
    - If I need to make an amazing photo I can do that with S6 Edge+

But Passport organize all email boxes in one place and let you type on PKB. Well, that's not enough in 2016. Modern expensive Android smartphone is a truelly powerhouse that can do many things for you.
    You're right about NFC payments but everyone else is possible with the Passport with a little effort to set up. I understand most people won't or are unable to put in any effort so I don't actively recommend BB10 to people.

NFC payments are still in their infancy and I highly doubt anyone doesn't carry at least one card with them. I use the Dunkin' app on my Passport at their stores to pay for my coffee which works fine. In fact I've never seen a single other person use their phone to pay for something.

I've never had any issues with the Passport camera and native BB10 apps blow Android apps out of the water usually. That's compared to using Android apps on Android devices not the sideloaded versions. The design efficiency of Cascades can't be beaten.
    03-29-16 11:16 AM
    I absolutely love it!!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 01:37 PM
    You're right about NFC payments but everyone else is possible with the Passport with a little effort to set up.
    Also I can use any modern smart watches with my S6 Edge+ (it's impossible with Passport), and so on. You have to admit that passport is not a universal (ultimate) device. Modern Android phone is much more universal tool.

I've never had any issues with the Passport camera
    Yep, you can make a photo on Passport, even 10 years old phone can do that. But when we talk about quality of that camera...

native BB10 apps blow Android apps out of the water usually.
    That's funny... App market on BB is dead in compare to Android market. RSS reader, books reader, movie player, bank clients, even skype (and almost every messenger)... all of these are MUCH better on Android.
    03-29-16 01:50 PM
    Haven't you been using Virtual Assist for your typing needs? I use it all the time for texts, emails, short notes, reminders. It takes the strain out of typing unnecessarily. If you want to write a novel, use a laptop?
    Not useful when your communicating 95% of the time to people who use other dialects not found on Virtual Assist language. And where did you get the idea that I was writing a novel on the phone? Smh....
    03-29-16 02:16 PM
    Yes! Still satisfied,...but definitely want an upgrade path!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 03:38 PM
    Also I can use any modern smart watches with my S6 Edge+ (it's impossible with Passport), and so on. You have to admit that passport is not a universal (ultimate) device. Modern Android phone is much more universal tool.

Yep, you can make a photo on Passport, even 10 years old phone can do that. But when we talk about quality of that camera...

That's funny... App market on BB is dead in compare to Android market. RSS reader, books reader, movie player, bank clients, even skype (and almost every messenger)... all of these are MUCH better on Android.
    The Passport's 13MP camera takes great pictures. I'm not going to lie and say it's as good as 2016 flagships but I never find myself wanting for more. Specs are sometimes just that.

The only smart watches I've ever seen people actually using are Apple Watches, Fitbits, and my Misfit Flash fitness tracker so from what I can tell they are just as niche as NFC payments.

I never said BlackBerry World had more apps than Google Play but the quality native apps I do have (gNewsReader, ReadItNow!, File Manager with Dropbox and Box integration, WhatsApp, Blaq, CascaRun Pro, BeWeather Pro, Post to Go, bPod, etc) are all much better than their Android counterparts. Android is "easier" and certainly a more complete ecosystem but BlackBerry 10 does everything I need it to and does so a lot more effectively than Android ever will. I'll eventually be forced to move to iOS but for now I am very happy with my Passport Silver Edition.
    03-29-16 05:42 PM
    Passport users: Still satisfied with your device?-img_20160330_193341.jpg
    Passport users: Still satisfied with your device?-img_20160330_193335.jpg

Exactly I didnt expect the this camera performance on my passport ...

Posted via CB10
    djchrisluna likes this.
    03-30-16 04:47 PM
    This phone is awesome, but it's extremely easy to waste valuable time on. I might just put it aside and find myself only wanting to use it when I'm on a social media craze TRYING to kill time.
    Agreed!
    03-30-16 11:38 PM
    Forced to move to LG G5 for its camera and androids app ecosystem.... still uses my Passport for emails..

RED Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    06-10-16 08:38 AM
    100% yes...

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 09:07 AM
    Totally!!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 10:52 AM
    August cannot come quick enough. I want rid of this phone. It started off as the best phone i've ever used and has gone downhill to the point that I'm even considering not getting another BB phone.
    06-10-16 12:33 PM
    Over 18 months or thereabouts for me and still feels like new, still turns heads and people have no idea that it's been around for nearly two years, only the impending loss of WhatsApp (if we are totally locked out) will make me wonder about changing.
    So far so good.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    06-10-16 01:12 PM
    Well was about to buy me an S7 edge... but chickened out last minute, can't imagine using a better device than the passport!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 01:27 PM
    I really love the Passport! I was asked to switch devices to the new windows phone. I have the both the new Lumia 950xl and the Lumia 950. I have played with the windows 10 Mobile as its supposed to sync better with our work computers. I just can't make myself switch. The BlackBerry Passport is just plain AWESOME! This thing has bounced off the cement warehouse floor quite often. And I like my BlackBerry Passport naked. No cases for me. Still working great and just a few scratches. I'm thinking of getting a few more, so I can grab another one if this on finally does quit. BlackBerry Passport is the greatest!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 06:44 PM
    Awesome!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 09:09 PM
    Despite the screen lift, white dots, camera focus not working, I still use Passport OG after 18 months. The main advantages remains: wide screen, battery life, keyboard, email management. For email, Web browsing, What'app, Twitter, Instagram this is perfect. I took an iPhone 6s Plus when I learned about the What'app ending support to BlackBerry OS. But I realize that I only use the 6s plus for the missing app and the camera, so I carry with me the passport and the 6s plus remains in my bag and only use when needed, that's 5% of the time.
    People comments that passport is big, but 6splus is bigger and actually too big and uncomfortable for emails and general use.
    I am considering an SE when the price will drop below 400.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 11:44 AM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 11:59 AM
    I've recently come back from using a Classic and Priv, but I have to say that the Passport is awesome. The battery, keyboard, the power behind the android apps, is awesome.

I recently re downloaded the WWE Network and I'm now able to watch it. Before it would cut out before the feed started and now I'm able to watch videos. I'm getting notifications in the hub from viber and Instagram which never happened before.

I'm torn between the Classic and Passport as my favorite BB10 device.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    06-11-16 04:42 PM
    No other phone can beat passport.. if app ecosystem is there no other can match.. app handling is fluid..

Posted via CB10
    Is there any new reconsidering keeping bb10 & the Passport series afloat ? If that were to be, my Priv would albeit retire...
    06-11-16 06:13 PM
    How's the battery life of your passport for those using it for a year or more? Does it still make it to the whole day with a single charge? Heavy and moderate users, anyone?

 📱
    Battery outlasts Priv by far...
    06-11-16 06:15 PM
    Very satisfied with my passport. It is the right form factor for me. BlackBerry should have also an android version. Passport A. And Passport B. Work wide is a highly saleable form.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-16 08:29 AM
614 ... 1415161718 ...