100 % !

Posted via CB10
    06-23-16 07:02 PM
    The Passport design and hardware is awesome, my problems are with the OS, apps and reliability.

My Passport freezes about once every 2 or 3 days when running apps or the screen goes blank after I finish a phone call and can't end the call. I re boot at least twice a week.

Since BB OS 10 is on the verge of disappearing and app support is dropping, I may have to move to another platform. Would like to see the Passport with the BlackBerry Android OS. Yeah, wishful thinking I know.

I am trying to stay with it...many days just want to through the phone off the Golden Gate Bridge. Ha! my device froze up for about 3 minutes as I was writing this post! :-(

Posted via CB10
    06-23-16 10:10 PM
    I'll let you know after whatsapp dies.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 04:16 AM
    @jamesbond007

Y'all can save your power butons by pressing u key to end black screen. Ithen swipe up.
    I do many phone interviews with earbuds so I can record on speaker and take notes.
    Screen goes black - no biggie.

Press u and swipe up, then touch red bar to end call.

Not as direct as my first BlackBerry - Bold 9900 which I still love - but the passport is a workhorse and I'm loving it!!!!
    AWESOME phone-phone - and just totally useful and a dream to drive.
    Hi Ho Silver!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 07:02 AM
    I'm happy except for over heating sporadically!

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 11:10 AM
    The Passport was built like a tank. Still love it hope BB10 will gain popularity or give Passport owners a choice of android.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    06-24-16 05:04 PM
    Yes. Very satisfied. I will buy a replacement Passport very soon.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 05:07 PM
    After breaking the screen on my priv, I was forced to use my passport again. I have to say bb10 rules hands down over android. Nothing compares to the bb10 hub. Granted android apps work better on an android phone, but I certainly don't miss the ads.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 05:48 PM
    I'm still satisfied with my Bold 9000, 9900, Z10, Z30, Q10, Passport, and Playbook.

Don't need apps or an overabundance of options to fulfill my needs.

Recently swapped around from the passport to q10, far to small of a device.

Decent size, fits in my pockets, excellent battery, decent camera, and no bloat or distractions.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 05:51 PM
    When is the next generation Passport coming out? Bluetooth 5. Bigger SD Card, faster, silver

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 06:51 PM
    @cvchase

When screen goes black, press the u key - tah-dah! Great trick that saves wear on power button.

I use my PP for phone interviews , earbuds with digital recorder, hands free for note-taking, and passport sitting on desk. The screen goes dark during calls when it's not moving but one swipe up reveals the red bar to end call.

There are so many tricks and shortcuts to this phone - I learn something new every day!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 07:58 AM
    Passport users: Still satisfied with your device?-img_1930.jpg
    Passport users: Still satisfied with your device?-img_1931.jpg

More than my other devices.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 12:05 PM
    I've had mine for just a month or so now and am really enjoying it's capabilities. However as a telephone I just can't do it. So I'm dual phones with my old z30 still. Essentially it is my tablet and z30 my phone. They have overlapping uses but I don't mind.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 06:34 PM
    No more passport.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 07:11 PM
    Short answer: NO!

Long answer: passport is an amazing device, build quality of SE is superb(I do have a slightly lifted screen.. but no one's is perfect) and the productivity of BB10 is unparalleled. Hub is imho the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of running water.

That being said, sadly my passport does not perform as advertised.. numerous problems all started since BlackBerry switched to android (guessing they internally decided to abandon OS10). I have constant overheating when on wifi or data call, god forbid I lose wifi signal and phone switches to data- this means a instant bbm freeze, at which point I cannot disconnect the call and phone almost melts from overheating. Must perform a soft reset.. which now happens daily..
    Laggy, email sync slow as hell and not to mention that the 2 android apps that I really use have a horrible experience if native and laggy is ported..

Did countless wipes, updated software, downgraded software, now I have to be running on 2813 just to be operational.. coupled with the fact that BlackBerry customer support is nonexistent... it all amounts to pasport not being worth the trouble anymore.

Problem only is that none other phones offer such productivity and security as BlackBerry.. so I'm stuck in limbo untill sth better comes along.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 08:06 PM
    I am definitely interested in buying the BlackBerry Passport. I have been a BlackBerry user since the 8800 and love the keyboard. I currently have a BlackBerry Classic and love it, but will order my Passport and enjoy. Glad to see everyone here have a great experience with your device. <3

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 08:48 PM
    Question - where in the BlackBerry side of things can we petition for an updated Passport? Does anyone have a website address or suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 07:14 AM
    Yep defo

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 07:23 AM
    S�

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 03:23 PM
    Ladies & gents.

Are you still satisfied with your Passport?

You surely watched all the videos when it came out. The BB Landingpage and of course the reviews here.

I was hyped up by watching the youtube videos in January 2015 and I bought it on February. Since then, I am thankful for having such a great device.

Now we have August. What it is your state now?

Still happy? Waiting for the next big thing from BB?

I am still happy having such a simple and unique device. I just ordered a cognac brown holster and a red case to spice up things. Nothing to complain. All is great!
    Still satisfied?
    It took some time based on the almost perfect if I could agree with myself Z10.
    My AT&T Passport is a great device and I'm still satisfied. It wouldn't be too much work to put my Passport on my Z10 to play a little. Nobody said I was perfect either.

PassportSQW100-3/10.3.2.2876 AT&T
    06-28-16 07:27 PM
    Mine is 20 months old now. I admit to letting my eye wander -smaller real estate, more app friendly OS, etc. Yet in the end I always find I can't really rationalize these whims. The screen, the captive keyboard, the key size and so on all outweigh any cons I have about this device.

This phone has replaced my iPad mini. The big real estate phone from Apple and Samsung have tried to do that but their candy bar form can't match this square screen.

Best device for productivity and communication on the market.
    bigjman likes this.
    07-15-16 07:11 PM
    So far still okay.. problem in my passport that annoy me most : double word, missing word, sometimes my mobile data connections gone after long use, android apps lagging..

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 09:53 PM
    Best phone I have ever owned. Period.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 09:56 PM
    I spent most of the weekend configuring and testing a new Android for a relative. I was sooooo happy to go back to my Passport!
    07-18-16 08:01 AM
    Mine is 20 months old now. I admit to letting my eye wander -smaller real estate, more app friendly OS, etc. Yet in the end I always find I can't really rationalize these whims. The screen, the captive keyboard, the key size and so on all outweigh any cons I have about this device.

This phone has replaced my iPad mini. The big real estate phone from Apple and Samsung have tried to do that but their candy bar form can't match this square screen.

Best device for productivity and communication on the market.
    I also have a mini IPAD but use it less frequently as my Passport satisfies my interests on all fronts!

Posted via CB10
    07-19-16 04:03 AM
614 ... 1617181920 ...