You are wrong my friend abut android can't function with 1:1 screen ratio!
    If so none of android watch would be able to work!
    Simply Google won't allow phones to have 1:1 ratio!

Posted via CB10
    What watch runs Android?

Android Wear is different than regular Android, and app developers have different "rules". So yeah 1x1 is and allowed screen ratio.

This is one area where Tizen is beating Android, as the watch and phone OS don't have to match.... but Apple is dominating both.

You are right, it's just a silly rule that Google created.... probable to better fit with the idea of getting away from the old style and moving to something new??? Anyway it fits with most of today's "content" so there really isn't much of a push to allow 1x1.
    12-18-17 03:40 PM
    You are wrong my friend abut android can't function with 1:1 screen ratio!
    If so none of android watch would be able to work!
    Simply Google won't allow phones to have 1:1 ratio!

Posted via CB10
    As Dunt explained, those watches don't run the same type of Android you see on the phones. And as you state to further prove my point, Google chose not to allow it on phones, thus making it "illegal".
    12-19-17 09:01 AM
    It's a stretched rendering of a KEYone.
    A beautiful rendering at that. Hope it is the KeyTWO.
    12-19-17 09:44 AM
    FYI China is doing some things apparently. Wonder if it's real. https://i.imgur.com/NJWXJQq.png
    Qorax likes this.
    12-19-17 10:25 AM
    FYI China is doing some things apparently. Wonder if it's real. https://i.imgur.com/NJWXJQq.png
    Probably another old prototype, since it's still running Lollipop.
    12-19-17 11:04 AM
    Probably another old prototype, since it's still running Lollipop.
    Correct, it’s an old prototype, which does not run well at all according to the poster (due to little or no optimisation).
    12-19-17 11:39 AM
    Even if it's somewhere between the Passport and the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and it ran android with a Passport style 3 row keyboard, then I would buy one instantly
    Qorax and bBOLD723 like this.
    12-23-17 01:49 PM
    Seems like this 'Passport KEYone' look alike phone render is back to the Convenience Key settings page after March update AAW377....

Is this the KEYtwo after all???
    04-08-18 07:58 PM
    I use a Note 8 yet, I would buy a Android powered Passport...
    04-08-18 11:33 PM
    There is no Android Passport in the works, thanks to it's "illegal" screen ratio. 1:1 ratios cannot function on Android.
    I think it's crap to set restrictions for screen ratios. But in fact I hardly profit from the wider screen on the passport. Not even native apps profit from it. And besides from pdfs/docs there is even less text displayed on websites than on my Z30 with a comparable font size.

And it's becoming really bad when looking at Android apps. I don't use many of them, but at least spotify is really ugly on a 1:1 screen ratio.

Only plus I see so far is, that one does not have to tilt the phone to watch pictures / videos to adjust to the 4:3/19:10 format. But you'll never be able to use the whole screen therefore anyways....
    04-09-18 05:31 AM
    I think it's crap to set restrictions for screen ratios.
    Yes, but you aren't a developer who has to spend hours trying to format all of the UI elements of an app so that they look right - and then duplicate that work all over again with every aspect ratio. Developers don't want to have to do that work 5 times for each app (and tweak it 5 times whenever they do an update), so there are standards for apps that simplify the developers' jobs.

Keep in mind that WAY, WAY less than 1% of smartphones have 1:1 screens, so it's not like there's some huge need to support non-standard resolutions.
    04-09-18 11:40 PM

Keep in mind that WAY, WAY less than 1% of smartphones have 1:1 screens, so it's not like there's some huge need to support non-standard resolutions.
    Why are there so little smartphones with 1:1 to begin with? When did Android become non 1:1 compliant?
    04-10-18 06:47 AM
    they could redo the passport a little taller and it would still be cool
    04-10-18 02:43 PM
    Why are there so little smartphones with 1:1 to begin with? When did Android become non 1:1 compliant?
    There are so few 1:1 smartphones because that ratio is far from optimal for the usage of the vast, vast majority of smartphone users, a whole lot of whom consume media among the many things they use their phone for. And most media since the early 2000s has been in 16:9 format.

Android isn't the issue - Android will run on a 1:1 screen, or any other ratio, just fine. The problem is the apps - including "built-in" things like the launcher, the Phone app, and all of the others. Developers want standards so their UI layouts only take them hundreds of steps to optimize, instead of millions. And the standards reflect the usage and desires of the vast majority of users - at the expense of niche users who might prefer something else. That's how standards work. And Google enforces those standards not in "Android" - which anyone can download the source code and modify as they like, but rather in their "Google Certification" for Android, of which passing that compliance check is a prerequisite for being able to license Google Play - because there are over a million apps in the Play Store that all expect a screen ratio fairly close to 9:16 (those pesky developers and their insistence on standards again).

You might as well ask why you can't buy new 4:3 TVs today. Even if you preferred that screen ratio, and even if you have a need or dependency for that size (maybe you have a space designed for a 4:3 TV), that still doesn't mean that manufacturers are going to keep making them to satisfy a niche audience. The standard for TVs has become 16:9, and you'll be hard-pressed to find a modern 4:3 display today.
    04-10-18 03:16 PM
    You might as well ask why you can't buy new 4:3 TVs today. Even if you preferred that screen ratio, and even if you have a need or dependency for that size (maybe you have a space designed for a 4:3 TV), that still doesn't mean that manufacturers are going to keep making them to satisfy a niche audience. The standard for TVs has become 16:9, and you'll be hard-pressed to find a modern 4:3 display today.
    This reminds me of the first comment I had about my Passport SE...from a kid...that the screen looked like an 'old TV set', Lol.
    04-10-18 03:27 PM
    If it's true, the sooner the better. Work practically forcing me to new phone... android or iphone.
    04-10-18 09:46 PM
    The standard for TVs and computers is indeed 16:9, so it amazes me in a very bad way why these smartphone makers are trying to push for 18:9. 😑🙄😒😤
    04-14-18 03:18 PM
    The standard for TVs and computers is indeed 16:9, so it amazes me in a very bad way why these smartphone makers are trying to push for 18:9.
    Maybe cause they suck at innovating besides making better displays and cameras? (Which is evolving, not innovating anyway)

BlackBerry may not bring anything NEW with its PKB, but at least it's something different, tried and true.
    04-14-18 04:34 PM
43 12