Hello fellow BlackBerry addicts.

As a Z30 owner one of my biggest beefs has been lack of functionality of Android apps. Sure they are 'compatible' but not functional. Take the sports apps like The Score, Scoremobile FC, Flashscore etc that push alerts and news to Android phones but not to my Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247

Has Functionality been improved on the Passport running the latest OS?

I've often complained that if developers are leaving BlackBerry behind and leaving us with ports or forcing us to use Android versions of their apps yet we don't get the functionality then I debate the point of having Android runtime on our devices to begin with.

I hope they've addressed this.

Anyone running Android apps in their passports that have built in push alerts and actually has them work?

Thanks for the feedback. It will be the difference between running out to get a Passport or just sticking with my Z30.

Thanks

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    10-22-14 09:22 PM
    I am having similar issues with a few apps that require syncing with calendar and chat notifications. Hope they fix it soon but doubt we will get headway cause I don't think those notifications make it out of the runtime environment...
    10-22-14 09:27 PM
    No issues running android apps so far on my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418. It is SNAPPIER and loading/starting the app is way faster.

Of all the android apps I use the only thing not working is asphalt 8. All other android apps / port specifically the ones important to me like bank, printhand, spotify, playepub, neutron, works flawlessly.

Just wait for the official release of 10.3.1 or load a 10.3.0.1418 leak to "feel" the improvement.

Hope this helps! Cheers!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    10-22-14 09:35 PM
    It will work the same as on your Z30.

The apps will be a bit faster, because of the extra horsepower, although some still love to lag.

But functionality wise, it's the same thing.

I AM very impressed by the way the passport scales them though, it does that very well.

Via passport
    10-22-14 09:50 PM
    The Passport on 10.3 still doesn't integrate well with push notifications (eg Instagram or Snapchat). Still can't use Google Play services. Overall, performance of Android apps are 3x better than my Z10 due to the better Android emulator in 10.3 (runtime 4.x vs 2.x in 10.2.1) and better hardware.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 10:40 PM
    I use igrann and get full instagram experience and push notification. Anyway I hate those push notifications. Have enough for work let alone instagram.

Posted via the Blackberry Passport
    10-22-14 10:50 PM