I bought an unlocked Passport and have been using it on O2 network in the UK. I now swapped to the Three network but on putting in the new SIM I see message 'Technical problem" in the status and in the Hub I see the message that the Passport is locked and to contact the carier.

If I go to Settings:-> Security and Privacy->SIM Card the network shows as unlocked so not sure what to do ? I don't see anyone else having this issue in the threads but it is frustrating as I am having to use a borrowed iPhone to receive calls. Any ideas?
    04-03-15 04:11 AM
    Are you sure your phone is unlocked? In settings, under Sim card at the bottom you should see "unlocked" three times, not two.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 04:26 AM
    Try master re-booting your phone mate and that should do it, if not contact either three or BlackBerry or both buddy. Good Luck

Posted via BBPP
    04-03-15 04:29 AM
    Yes, I see it three times, for network, network subset and service provider.
    04-03-15 04:35 AM
    "Master rebooting phone" - how do I do that ? Does it have any effect on data or Apps that are on the phone ?

Thanks !
    04-03-15 04:36 AM
    OK, I see that a Master reboot is a factory reset. I already did this. It seems to be something buggy with the Passport. I have to say it is a great phone to use but this is just another issue I have had in a long list.

First the SIM card disappeared into the slot (common problem from what I see from other threads) and the phone had to be replaced, and then the second phone sound just decided to stop working and now this.....
    04-03-15 05:06 AM
    The Sim card does not disappeared into the slot. You must be putting the sim in the wrong way or have a wrong SIM to start with. There should be about two tenths of the SIM sticking out. I hope you're not putting it in the MicroSD card slot instead.

First the SIM card disappeared into the slot (common problem from what I see from other threads) and the phone had to be replaced, and then the second phone sound just decided to stop working and now this.....
    Also a master reboot isn't a factory reset. It does not delete your data. Hold the two volume button at the same time until the BlackBerry screen turns off and let go.
    04-03-15 05:18 AM
    Please....I am not stupid....there is a problem with the SIM card slots in some Passports...if you push down to eject the SIM they can go further into the device. Even O2 acknowledged they had this problem with other Passport's when I returned the phone.

Thanks for the advice on the master reset although I am not sure that is related to the issue. I see that when I retry the SIM it alternates messages. I now see a 'SIM' not detected message but if I pull the SIM out and put it back in the unlocked iPhone it is fine, and if I put the O2 SIL back in the Passport it is also fine.

As I said originally ...frustrating....whatever you say about iPhone's, I have to say, they just work, you very rarely get any of these type of hardware issues.
    04-03-15 06:23 AM
    I thought it was worth updating this thread for other users with similar issues.

Did a full factory reset. Put Three sim in and it worked. Out of curiosity, removed and put O2 SIM back in and it worked. Removed and put Three Sim in and guess what? Received the SIM not detected etc again. No way would it recognise the Three Sim without another full factory reset.

Conclusion: As I suspected it is a firmware problem, and for reference any combination of two SIMS being swapped seems to cause it for me.

For me the phone has too many issues and is too unreliable to use as my main phone. I really like the phone but these continual niggly issues take away the pleasure of using it.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 12:51 PM
    Another lost sale? BlackBerry get your act together!

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 01:13 PM
    Please....I am not stupid....there is a problem with the SIM card slots in some Passports...if you push down to eject the SIM they can go further into the device. Even O2 acknowledged they had this problem with other Passport's when I returned the phone.

Thanks for the advice on the master reset although I am not sure that is related to the issue. I see that when I retry the SIM it alternates messages. I now see a 'SIM' not detected message but if I pull the SIM out and put it back in the unlocked iPhone it is fine, and if I put the O2 SIL back in the Passport it is also fine.

As I said originally ...frustrating....whatever you say about iPhone's, I have to say, they just work, you very rarely get any of these type of hardware issues.
    Weird that O2 should acknowledge the problem as they do not and never have sold the passport. How do return the phone to them when they don't even sell it in the first place. Even if O2 did sell it, it would not be unlocked, but they don't so it's a moot point.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    05-11-15 03:01 PM
    unfortunate
    05-11-15 03:54 PM
    Sounds like a troll if O2 never carried the Passport. The reason for my post is i have 3 sim cards Telus, T-Mobile and AT&T. All swap fine but yes sometimes need a master reset/reboot especially on T-Mobile. All 3 Sims work with security wipe. I can't see how you could push the sim card in too far. Maybe it can but again haven't had such issues. To others who read this post don't be concerned about using an unlocked Passport on multiple carriers. It will work and worst case just needs a hard reset or master reset as quoted earlier.
    thymaster and anon(1852343) like this.
    05-11-15 11:20 PM
    Sounds like a troll if O2 never carried the Passport. The reason for my post is i have 3 sim cards Telus, T-Mobile and AT&T. All swap fine but yes sometimes need a master reset/reboot especially on T-Mobile. All 3 Sims work with security wipe. I can't see how you could push the sim card in too far. Maybe it can but again haven't had such issues. To others who read this post don't be concerned about using an unlocked Passport on multiple carriers. It will work and worst case just needs a hard reset or master reset as quoted earlier.
    Perhaps you are the troll if o2 do carry blackberry passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 03:49 AM
    Weird that O2 should acknowledge the problem as they do not and never have sold the passport. How do return the phone to them when they don't even sell it in the first place. Even if O2 did sell it, it would not be unlocked, but they don't so it's a moot point.

Passport unlocked but not accepting another SIM-img_20150512_094659_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 03:50 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150512_094659_edit.png 
Views:	419 
Size:	161.6 KB 
ID:	352352

Posted via CB10
    Is there something wrong with you? That is NOT O2 's website. It looks like carphone warehouse.

05-12-15 11:28 AM
    Perhaps you are the troll if o2 do carry blackberry passport.

Posted via CB10
    They don't carry the Passport. O2.co.uk

05-12-15 11:30 AM
    that is blackberry passport on o2 network.
    05-12-15 01:06 PM
    but for the sake of argument, even still, the network provider will be able to put you through to technical team, even if you didn't purchase it directly from them.
    05-12-15 01:09 PM
    but for the sake of argument, even still, the network provider will be able to put you through to technical team, even if you didn't purchase it directly from them.
    Whatever. You don't understand that O2 don't sell the passport and never have. The best you'll get out of O2 if you are a customer is BlackBerry 10 queries answered by customer services. You cannot send a phone back to O2 if you did not get it from there in the first place. Geddit now?

05-17-15 01:31 PM
    Whatever. You don't understand that O2 don't sell the passport and never have. The best you'll get out of O2 if you are a customer is BlackBerry 10 queries answered by customer services. You cannot send a phone back to O2 if you did not get it from there in the first place. Geddit now?

You clearly don't understand how blackberry operate in the UK. If you want to get it repaired you have to go through your carrier, o2. To contact blackberry you'll need to go by your carrier, again, o2.

If u don't get it, just ask okay? Nothing to be embarrassed about.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 06:35 PM
    OK guys, if we get back to the problem.

Normally if it accepts your usual Sim and doesn't accept your new one, then something is wrong with the Sim card

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 06:41 PM
    You clearly don't understand how blackberry operate in the UK. If you want to get it repaired you have to go through your carrier, o2. To contact blackberry you'll need to go by your carrier, again, o2.

If u don't get it, just ask okay? Nothing to be embarrassed about.

Posted via CB10
    Look, you're not seeing what is right in front of you. The OP said he returned his phone to O2. But as I have said before, O2 do not sell the phone and never have. How can you return something to a company that you did not purchase from in the first place? If you return something, it means that you got it from there in the first place! To return means to revisit the place of origin! DUH! HE CAN'T RETURN THE PHONE TO O2 BECAUSE HE DIDN'T GET IT FROM THERE. HE CAN ONLY RETURN IT TO THE PLACE HE GOT IT FROM. IF HE TOOK IT TO AN O2 STORE, HE WOULD BE SENDING IT BACK TO BLACKBERRY. God, some people. You should be embarrassed. I'm embarrassed for you.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582 O2 UK
    05-17-15 10:29 PM
    Furthermore, the issue OP has is that his Three sim won't work in the phone. So, he walks into a store (O2) and wishes to return a handset to them that he didn't get from them in the first place and it's because he no longer wishes to use O2? Really? What do you think the response would be?

05-17-15 10:53 PM
    Lol

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.500
    05-17-15 11:04 PM
36 12