11-23-14 08:34 PM
35 12
tools
    I know that I can get it online, but this was actually not my point. I just think it is sad, that we don't have carrier commitment to highlight a great designed in Canada product.

I still like to handle and try out a smartphone before I buy it. I realize this might be old school but that is why I suggested the BlackBerry mini stores in the malls to get customers to try the products. It might expose BlackBerry phones again to a broader audience.

Thanks for all the feedback, it is much appreciated

Posted via CB10
    Here. Go play. Then order on sale from Shop Blackberry. Please report back and tell us how you made out.

https://www-ssl.futureshop.ca/store-...uctId=10320764
    11-22-14 03:58 PM
    This just doesn't make any sense. As a shareholder I am upset that BlackBerry cannot even make this new flagship phone avalanche in its home market.

An explanation from BlackBerry would be warranted.

Posted via CB10
    You bought the wrong company. BlackBerry isn't a consumer company. From last updates, ceo said Blackberry won't chase everyone. I couldn't care less that there is no demo available. Consumers are sheep and sales rep are betrayed (paid to sell some products over the rest) . They didn't help BB10 over the last 2 years, I don't see why BlackBerry should know care about them.

You can get it through business channels and online. It took me 3 days to get it from shopblackberry.
    bbjdog likes this.
    11-22-14 04:02 PM
    White shirt : I get your point, but it is tough to make a go of it financially without the consumer. The irony is that due to the unique look and features of the passport it would actually have appeal with the hip crowd as well if properly advertised. Add different colours to it and bingo, why not at least give it a try?

After the last update of BBM it is now by far the coolest messaging service out there as well.

Posted via CB10
    Thalakar likes this.
    11-22-14 04:23 PM
    I had to call in because Rogers site was down.. and I'm sad about it because I am impatient and wanted to go in store and have a new Passport right away and freak people out with how awesome it is in store

Regardless, it takes between 3-5 business days but could take up to 7. Hopefully it will be 2 days.

BlackBerry... I'm coming home
    11-22-14 04:29 PM
    The Rogers Plus at Markville Mall had a passport demo... (back in october)
    11-22-14 10:00 PM
    Illuminationdead: I share your pain, hopefully BlackBerry can bring in more Passport stock over the next couple of weeks, so people (consumers) can see it in the stores and try it out.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 07:50 PM
    Illuminatiundead: sorry misspelled your nick in last posting .

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 07:51 PM
    Every Telus store and mall kiosk i have seen in B.C. has functioning Passports and display models

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 08:03 PM
    A colleague here in Oshawa tried to get one from a Rogers store but was told she must order online. Every Telus around here had stock last time I checked. They always go in the back room and bring out their hidden goodies!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    11-23-14 08:15 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. The Bell representative indicated that he has been asking for it and he still couldn't get it. Of course it could have something to do with Bell procurement at a higher level. It makes one think though if the two main carriers in BlackBerry's home market don't carry the phone in their stores. It would be great to know where the issue is, with BlackBerry or with the carriers. All I know is that I don't purchase a phone unless I have a chance to get some hands on experience with it first in a store.

The issue should be solved one way or another.

Posted via CB10
    They don't care that much and didn't really expect it to be selling like it has been.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 08:34 PM
35 12