Because if I see I'm wrong, I'll buy it right away as it's the only downside for it.
    09-29-14 06:09 AM
    Lol give me $50 and I'll drop what I'm doing right now and make the video.

Go to a local shop and try it out. It will be exactly the same as the q10 style.

Kinda of a redundant whiny thread

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 06:21 AM
    Because if I see I'm wrong, I'll buy it right away as it's the only downside for it.
    Don't know. Concerning "fear of the keyboard experience" we're basically in the same boat. But then I think for me it isn't just about speed. It's also about comfort and a satisfactory tactile feedback when typing. Even if the Z10 with all its auto suggestions magic ends up being a few words per minute faster, I still hate the experience and even after 18 months with the Z10 I'm not as comfortable with typing on it like I was with say a Bold 9000 or 9900.

So I for one am hoping this issue doesn't kill it for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 07:39 AM
    So I for one am hoping this issue doesn't kill it for me.
    I do too, that's why I need this confirmation.
    09-29-14 07:56 AM
    I made a couple of vids for you. Had to use my Q10 to film. Now just need to figure out how to get off of the device and onto site you can view...
    09-30-14 09:35 PM
    Quick and rough cut of typing. Q10 was in awkward position so side angle was best I could do for now. Turned off the autocorrect for capitalization too.

This seems like a good idea so I'll try to pro it up later for you (all):

2014-09-30T19:23:44

2014-09-30T19:20:26

New: http://videobam.com/Nstcv

I made a couple of vids for you. Had to use my Q10 to film. Now just need to figure out how to get off of the device and onto site you can view...
    Last edited by lauyerman; 09-30-14 at 10:25 PM.
    09-30-14 09:57 PM
    Is there a numlock feature?
    09-30-14 10:27 PM
    Quick and rough cut of typing. Q10 was in awkward position so side angle was best I could do for now. Turned off the autocorrect for capitalization too.

I really appreciate this because I, too, have been wanting to see such a video so I do want to say thank you; however, it's impossible to view those from my Z10 due to the ads on this hosting site. Any chance they can be uploaded to YouTube or somewhere else? :-/

VZW STL 100-4 currently running 10.3.0.1154
    09-30-14 10:33 PM
    Please note that I am biased. That said, teams of people worked long and hard to make Passport text input work well. Do you honestly think they forgot to test with real world cases? Relax, it works.
    10-01-14 12:06 AM

Thank you! Even if rough, I appreciate what you tried.
    Comments:
    Video 1, 0:25 I giggled at the dot... you can clearly hear the sound (more then the keys too), so for those who say they are hitting the virtual key by mistake, at least they get a notification.

Why did you reach the virtual key? I understand you can still double press the space key to get a full stop and a space, right?

From what I see, you really get laggy when typing symbols (as of the email, probably the misplaced @ helped). But seem quite confident with the dot and colon.
    Might you be faster with the swipe down gesture?

Also, for symbol lock and caps lock? (And going between them? CODE_12364b )
    Last edited by II ARROWS; 10-01-14 at 03:34 AM.
    10-01-14 03:22 AM
    Youtube/Google wanted a phone number to set up an account so I went to the first place that let me register with just an email.

Maybe someone can download the file and upload to an existing youtube for WWBlondieDo?

Any chance they can be uploaded to YouTube or somewhere else? :-/
    10-01-14 11:50 AM

Why did you reach the virtual key? I understand you can still double press the space key to get a full stop and a space, right?
    Correct. It comes default with it off and in the few days I have it I didn't turn it on.

From what I see, you really get laggy when typing symbols (as of the email, probably the misplaced @ helped). But seem quite confident with the dot and colon.
    Could be a combo of being used to alt-p'ing on Q10 and not familiar with the location of the @ yet.

Might you be faster with the swipe down gesture?
    Also, for symbol lock and caps lock? (And going between them? CODE_12364b )
    Fine, I'll publicly admit I didn't read the instructions [I didn't know about swipe down]
    10-01-14 12:02 PM
    Is there a numlock feature?
    Not sure what you mean. If I hit the number virtual button you can use the numbers as long as you want, it doesn't remove the virtual number keyboard after one key.

If you press and hold the virtual number key you can use the regular keyboard to enter numerals
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    10-01-14 12:07 PM
    I would gladly post a video once I get a hang of the keyboard. So far, after one day of use, I don't like that the comma and other common punctuation symbols have no mapping at all and that they are above the keyboard. All other keys have mapping on alt-lock. The keys are very stiff too making it difficult to type fast because you have to press so hard to get input. It also makes it difficult to transition physical to virtual because the touch pressure input is so different.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dejanh; 10-01-14 at 12:35 PM.
    10-01-14 12:18 PM
    I fixed up the videos a little bit for anyone who wants to view them:
    10-01-14 01:13 PM
    Fine, I'll publicly admit I didn't read the instructions [I didn't know about swipe down]
    So, you actually learned by posting a video! :P
    10-01-14 03:49 PM
    Shops don't have BlackBerry phones to show. The only option would be to order it.

A video shows a lot, more than a tutorial, show how confident a person can be and exactly how fingers need to move, and most important how some situation can be resolved with that crippled keyboard in a normal typeflow (that none showed yet).
    The only person being accused here it's me.
    Don't have a video, but maybe this will help?

To type any special character quickly, Swipe down and hit the physical key mapped to the desired symbol.
    Eg: Swpe down L = "
    Swipe down A = #
    Way faster than an alt key because you don't need to be accurate for the downswipe.

After the symbol is inserted the extended characters disengage and letters are letters again.

To type a sequence of symbols you can either press and hold the @123 key and type all your symbols on the physical kb, releasing the @123 puts the letters back to letters.

I find typing passwords with lots of symbols way easier on the passport... and I only have access to one part time.

I definitely will get one of my very own in the not too distant future.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 10:39 PM
42 12