03-30-15 02:45 PM
86 1234
tools
    Interesting to see if blackberry ever uses them again.
    01-09-15 02:16 AM
    Just curious...why would anybody send an $800 device in the mail, no tracking number, no insurance, to an unknown company to get an estimate on a trade?
    01-09-15 04:40 AM
    I am starting to feel scammed. For me, its been 1 month since I sent in an iPhone 5 and I haven't gotten a reply via email to my 3 emails sent. Time to take to Twitter.
    IamSuperMas likes this.
    01-09-15 05:08 AM
    I called AGAIN... Now, it seems, Clover is not able to find ANY blackberry voucher numbers.

Here is someone that seems responsible for the Blackberry program:

Margaret Schneider - maschneider@cloverwireless.com

But you cannot reach her.... and she will not respond to any email.
    I wonder if ANYONE got their rebate.

EDIT: I inspected the HTML of the status update page, and it appears the SECOND voucher number you received is related to the FIRST in some way because when you inspect the status of the SECOND voucher, the URL contains the number for the first. HOWEVER: the shipping label contains the FIRST number, and nobody at Clover has any information on the first number. SO: I think there is a major problem here.
    01-09-15 12:31 PM
    We'll just have to be patient I guess at this moment. If like Margaret said that it could take up to 10-14days for them to receive the mail they should have a few days left to organize everything and update on the website, since it says on the website that usually it takes 6 weeks . I just hope BlackBerry and CloverWireless are trying their best to look into this. God bless us.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 01:19 PM
    Well, as far as rebate type programs work, you normally have to wait 8-10 weeks before expecting anything. What is different here is their online status tracker just doesn't work so we flip out and start trying reach a human...not something these operations are typically setup for these days.

This Passport takes me places!
    01-09-15 02:57 PM
    This is NOT hard to set up a BASIC system to manage these returns. One week of coding, one week testing... then an hour of training for staff IF you are new or setting it up for the first time. But clover does this for business, right? Heck... you could do this with a basic spreadsheet with NO coding needed and a cheap call center!

The fact remains that nobody here has received anything from them... no update, no rebate, no info. Nothing, so until we get real facts, the whole tradeup program seems more like a dubious approach to generating demand.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 10:38 PM
    It's obvious their customer service needs immediate improvement. But if you've ever worked in any logistics you know the simplicity of what you described isn't even 1% if your running a nation wide operation...I understand everyone's frustrations tho. I myself won't be using the program because the guys and gals on here have convinced me it's not worth the heartache... I believe the real test is if blackberry ever uses them again.
    01-10-15 01:20 AM
    I started the tradeup on December 1.. I was one of the very first to send in my phone.

6 weeks have passed and STILL no update or even acknowledgment that my phone was received.

Awful. I regret doing this. I should have just waited for prices to come down.

It's particularly concerning that not ONE person reading this has any status update.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 01:14 PM
    Bump. Sorry to hear of everyone's frustrations. Hoping we get some light on this situation soon...
    01-14-15 07:21 PM
    Wow, that really sucks. I was tempted to send in my old iPhone to defray the cost on a new passport that I was thinking of getting for my girlfriend. I'm glad that I waited. If this continues someone might ought to think about a lawsuit (or even just a sternly worded letter from an attorney with a copy of this thread).

Blackberry needs to stop partnering with incompetent companies.

People marvel at apple's dominance in the tech sector and pundits often focus on apple's technological achievements. But if you look you'll also find that apple is always very highly rated for customer service. I personally think that this is one of the main reasons apple has become dominant. And remember, not too long ago apple was in worse financial shape than blackberry. So a full turn around is possible, but you have to focus on the right things. As a company, this seems to be blackberry's biggest weakness. Hopefully it will be an area that they can focus more on now that the company is no longer sinking.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 08:09 PM
    Exactly, where is your response BlackBerry? Can you solve the problem for us in a timely fashion?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 08:36 PM
    Still no response from Clover Wireless, no acknowledgment that my phone was received, despite me giving them a tracking number.... today is January 20, 2014, phone shipped first week in December.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 07:58 PM
    Still no response from Clover Wireless, no acknowledgment that my phone was received, despite me giving them a tracking number.... today is January 20, 2014, phone shipped first week in December.
    And still no story by CrackBerry.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-20-15 11:44 PM
    You need to get a BlackBerry Support ticket open if you truly believe there is a problem:
    Worked for me when my trade up rebate for a Z30 failed to go anywhere after 10 weeks.

Here's how I contacted them..emailed first, got the ticket open, then they called direct several times over two days. All done!

The BlackBerry Customer Support team

NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
    UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
    Europe: +44 1753 558400
    Worldwide: +11-647-426-1108
    www.blackberry.com/support
    _________

Good Luck!

This Passport takes me places!
    01-21-15 09:04 AM
    Hi guys as the OP of this thread I just want to update you on my process. So after speaking with Margaret Schneider I was able to receive a confirmation email from her. She's very helpful and I think it's due to the fact that BlackBerry is actually looking into this issue since I assume so many buyers have complained about the same problem. She said they have received my device and it's being inspected and this will take two weeks once that's done I will be issued with my credit. Her info is as following :

t.*815.313.2194*|*maschneider@cloverwireless.com

No matter what I'm loving my Passport. I'm a first time BlackBerry user but it's been simply great both software and hardware. Of course there are glitches once in a while but overall it's been pleasant. Anyway, really hope you guys can receive your rebate and good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-21-15 03:45 PM
    Hi guys, I sent a new 5s (did insurance claim and then mailed for tradeup) a few weeks ago and Margaret from clover wireless told me yesterday that they had received it and will update the status of
    Y claim and that they must inspect my phone and send rebate IF my new/refurbed iPhone 5s meets there terms and conditions in 4-6 weeks... geesh, Do I have to wait for these guys to sell my phone? I could have sold it myself on ebay within a week. Also, I am still paying t-mobile for the phone, I asked tmo customer service if it was ok to trade up and they said it was mine to do as I please. I was planning to use part of my trade up money to pay tmo off but now I'm wondering if I need to go ahead and pay the phone off in full before clover pulls some type of clause out of their hat and not send me money. I've already been told that they do NOT return phones as per their terms and conditions... I am regretting this choice more every day.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 11:38 AM
    so it was 4-6 to process the payment and its been a few weeks already to get back to you?

so much for the 6-8 weeks to receive the prepaid master card
    01-22-15 08:54 PM
    Hi guys as the OP of this thread I just want to update you on my process. So after speaking with Margaret Schneider I was able to receive a confirmation email from her. She's very helpful and I think it's due to the fact that BlackBerry is actually looking into this issue since I assume so many buyers have complained about the same problem. She said they have received my device and it's being inspected and this will take two weeks once that's done I will be issued with my credit. Her info is as following :

t.*815.313.2194*|*maschneider@cloverwireless.com

No matter what I'm loving my Passport. I'm a first time BlackBerry user but it's been simply great both software and hardware. Of course there are glitches once in a while but overall it's been pleasant. Anyway, really hope you guys can receive your rebate and good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Two weeks to inspect the phone? Are they sending it to space and seeing if it survives? This sounds like the old "Oh yeah, umm, we got it, umm, uh, it will be two weeks" routine.
    01-22-15 09:20 PM
    Sent my iPhone 6 before new year's. No responses
    You-did-WHAT?!?!?! I planned to send them a 4S, but having 2nd, 3rd, and 4th thoughts now.
    I'll give you value they offer in cash if you have a 5S/6/6+ by the way.
    Last edited by IamSuperMas; 02-12-15 at 02:41 PM.
    01-23-15 07:12 AM
    UPDATE Jan 23: I finally heard back from Margaret too. Clover has received my iphone sent first week in december, and said it will be another 2 weeks to check it out. The tradeup status page shows nothing. So... still hopeful and crossing fingers, though there is a considerable delay beyond what I expected. Will report any change.

Oh.. and another 6-8 weeks after THAT to get the rebate. Yeesh! I hope I am still alive then!

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 01:23 PM
    Just out of curiosity, why would you guys do this program instead of just selling the phone. You are going to get screwed on the amount of money you get back compared to what you sold it for and you wouldn't be out of pocket all this time if you had just sold the phone to begin with. Not trying to be rude, just curious as to why you'd do it?
    Last edited by donnation; 01-24-15 at 03:13 PM.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-23-15 11:59 PM
    Just out of curiosity, why would you guys do this program instead of just selling the phone. You are going to get screwed on the amount of money you get back compared to what you sold it fo and you wouldn't be out of pocket all this time if you had just sold the phone to begin with. Not trying to be rude, just curious as to why you'd do it?
    Very interested as well.

!
    01-24-15 12:12 AM
    Just out of curiosity, why would you guys do this program instead of just selling the phone. You are going to get screwed on the amount of money you get back compared to what you sold it fo and you wouldn't be out of pocket all this time if you had just sold the phone to begin with. Not trying to be rude, just curious as to why you'd do it?
    I had a a similar question earlier in the thread with no response.

I'm curious to see how this Clover Wireless will handle any units with the activation lock on.
    01-24-15 05:27 AM
    I had a a similar question earlier in the thread with no response.

I'm curious to see how this Clover Wireless will handle any units with the activation lock on.
    What I don't think that people understand is that with these trade in programs you get a value that is far below market value because the company you traded it in to wants to resell it at a profit. Granted, sometimes it can make it easier (walking into like say Best buy and doing a trade on the spot vs. selling it on ebay) but you are always going to get more for your money if you sell it yourself.

What will be interesting is to see what price people get for their phones, if they ever do get any money at all. I can all but guarantee that the price given by Clover Wireless will be significantly lower than the price someone could get selling it on ebay or through something like Craigslist.
    01-24-15 03:12 PM
86 1234