Just out of curiosity, why would you guys do this program instead of just selling the phone. You are going to get screwed on the amount of money you get back compared to what you sold it for and you wouldn't be out of pocket all this time if you had just sold the phone to begin with. Not trying to be rude, just curious as to why you'd do it?
    the only reason i did it was because i traded in an iphone 4s, i picked it up on craigslist for $100 and the trade in gave me $275

seemed like that was the best deal, i could find an iphone 5 for $200 but the trade in was only good for $300
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    01-25-15 12:49 AM
    My update:

I went on twitter around mid December and DM'ed BlackberryHelp that Blackberry scammed me regarding the TradeUp program. BlackberryHelp DM'ed me back wanting to know my voucher #'s as well as copies of any emails I sent to Clover Wireless. I sent them the emails and voucher #'s. The second week of January I get an email from Margaret Schneider saying they haven't received my iPhone yet. I immediately replied with a nasty email saying its been a month since I sent it to them and I am sure they have it, blah blah blah and I CC'ed BlackberryHelp.

I got another email from Margaret a couple of days later and she said they do have it and it will take them 2 weeks to inspect it. I replied back again with a nasty email saying that is ridiculous it should not at all take 2 weeks to inspect a phone. Blah, blah, blah... 4 days after that email I get a response from Margaret saying "Your device is finishing our inspection process and should be approved for payment within the next 2 weeks. I will let you know when your prepaid card is released."

Her last email was on 1/21. This whole thing has been a pain in the a$$, but I still want my money
    01-25-15 02:48 AM
    the only reason i did it was because i traded in an iphone 4s, i picked it up on craigslist for $100 and the trade in gave me $275

seemed like that was the best deal, i could find an iphone 5 for $200 but the trade in was only good for $300
    That makes total sense. But did you receive the $275 or is that what they said the maximum value of your trade in would be if you used the program?
    01-25-15 06:25 AM
    That makes total sense. But did you receive the $275 or is that what they said the maximum value of your trade in would be if you used the program?
    i was given a value of $75 for the phone but with the blackberry topup, it made it $275

seems like to get anywhere with this trade up, you have to message this Margaret Schneider with a complaint then she will just say that they just got the phone and it will take 2 weeks to get the ball rolling,
    01-26-15 01:27 AM
    You're correct sir.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 08:45 AM
    seems like to get anywhere with this trade up, you have to message this Margaret Schneider with a complaint then she will just say that they just got the phone and it will take 2 weeks to get the ball rolling,
    It's pretty sad and disturbing that people have to do that.
    01-26-15 10:02 AM
    i was given a value of $75 for the phone but with the blackberry topup, it made it $275

That's a good point, I forgot about BB adding additional money. But $75 for a 4S is still awfully low unless it was just in brutal condition. The $275 total is a good number though.

I guess now the question is is if this Margaret Schneider is just telling people to wait another two weeks to get the ball rolling or if its just another way to stall people from calling for a few more weeks. Either way, it's horrible to make you guys that have done this wait this long just to get your money.
    01-26-15 10:58 AM

Exactly!!! I have an iPhone 4S just sitting around (over a year) that they were going to give me $225 for; why not?! I couldn't get that anywhere else. Doing an iPhone 5 or above via this program though... Not a great idea.
    01-26-15 11:09 AM
    I just received the same reply from this lady as well;

We have received your device and will be updating the system to reflex the receipt of your device. Please allow 14 days for the Trade-in Center to inspect your phone. Upon completion of the inspection, your status regarding your trade-in will be updated.
    If your phone qualifies under the terms and conditions of the program, you will receive your credit within 6 to 8 weeks after the day we received the phone.
    If you have any questions please contact us and please include your voucher number.
    Thank you for participating in the Trade-In Program.
    01-26-15 11:23 AM
    I just received the same reply from this lady as well;

We have received your device and will be updating the system to reflex the receipt of your device. Please allow 14 days for the Trade-in Center to inspect your phone. Upon completion of the inspection, your status regarding your trade-in will be updated.
    If your phone qualifies under the terms and conditions of the program, you will receive your credit within 6 to 8 weeks after the day we received the phone.
    If you have any questions please contact us and please include your voucher number.
    Thank you for participating in the Trade-In Program.
    trying to contact them is like pulling teeth, im gonna wait another week and then send them an email
    01-27-15 06:23 PM
    My phone status has been updated on the official website, check yours too.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 12:12 PM
    yours probably updated cause you got a hold of margaret, I havent done it yet but will have to soon if it doesnt happen by next week
    01-31-15 01:22 AM
    I went to post my wife's iPhone today, went to the post office with the prepaid mail. Post office told me it's invalid. Wireless source Canada.
    I emailed clover this morning, then phoned their free number in Illinois. They said they will email me a new postage paid ticket. Though it's been three hours no email. I don't have long left. I want my 400$.
    02-03-15 08:24 PM
    Update.
    Still no email from clove wireless. Wtf. Are BlackBerry aware of this. Disappointed
    02-04-15 10:00 AM
    Update.
    Still no email from clove wireless. Wtf. Are BlackBerry aware of this. Disappointed
    And still no story by CrackBerry.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    02-04-15 05:38 PM
    Update again.
    Phoned one bloke from BlackBerry he suggested to send my iphone California what.....then spoke to a nice women she tried to figure it out. All I want is a mailer rebate to ship the iPhone to wireless source missaga ontario. After an hour of speaking and bring assured the shipping label is fine, I went to mail my iPhone with the new label. Invalid again What grrr.
    Phone BlackBerry back repeat my story to someone else. She Guaranteed to call back in one hour. Guess what.... grrrrr BlackBerry you gained a new BlackBerry passport owner on the basis of trading in an iPhone. My deadline is Feb 20. The rebate is 400$, I feel cheated.
    02-04-15 08:18 PM
    Another update.
    Received a new rebate shipping ticket
    For wireless source, then another label an hour later from clover wireless to ship to yourenew.com weird. I'll be mailing it later.

I'll let you know ( phones interested)
    02-05-15 11:24 AM
    Update. Reached out to Twitter @BlackBerryHelp. Received immediate DM and referred me to Blackberry (at) cloverwireless.com, to which I sent my two different voucher numbers and asked for an update. Sure enough, a response from Margaret Schneider:
    Your trade-in was received on 1/15/2015 and inspected on 01/28/2015. Your inspection remarks are as follows: Your phone has passed power up test, no screen damage, no liquid damage. Your total refund will be determined within a week.

I guess that's progress, even at a snail's pace. But neither voucher # show any update on their status site, so I'd still be wondering about this if it hadn't been for their attentive Twitter rep. Gotta love Twitter. I'll be sure to keep tabs on this next week.
    IamSuperMas likes this.
    02-05-15 06:54 PM
    Hey all. Just a question.
    I was ready to print the shipping label out, but noticed on the bottom of the Customer Info section that it says "mail it within 30days of your new smartphone purchase" Is that so??? I bought my PP right before Christmas and gonna send trade up before Feb.13th!
    I've read the Terms and Conditions 5. ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN PROGRAM but no mention such thing!

Any idea???
    02-07-15 07:48 PM
    Hey all. Just a question.
    I was ready to print the shipping label out, but noticed on the bottom of the Customer Info section that it says "mail it within 30days of your new smartphone purchase" Is that so??? I bought my PP right before Christmas and gonna send trade up before Feb.13th!
    I've read the Terms and Conditions 5. ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN PROGRAM but no mention such thing!

Any idea???
    I saw that as I was sending mine, although it was two days after I got the phone, noticed they have a few "stipulations" you have to be very aware of. The quote they give you is only good for 30 days by the way, so if you're passed that, your quote might not be valid. Make sure to contact them before shipping it out because I saw on there that if your phone doesn't meet all their requirements they don't send it back to you!
    yoshivan likes this.
    02-08-15 01:33 AM
    I sent my phone at the beginning of December. They say they received it at the END of January.... My tracking says they received it MID December. Most people have a REASONABLE and just expectation that the tracking receipt date is what is considered the date of receipt, not when they decide to look at what they got.

Which means: Clover is PURPOSEFULLY delaying the work, allowing them to essentially FACTOR revenue. That is, they are taking a LOAN off of our rebates to fund their business, at zero cost or risk to them or Blackberry. I doubt Blackberry is unaware of this.

This is about as low as it gets ethically.
    02-09-15 07:12 PM
    Wow! Just got an email a few minutes ago;

Great news Nathan!
    We just mailed you a check in the amount of $255 for the phone you traded in (voucher #xxxxxxx) when you purchased your new BlackBerry Passport.
    Your check was mailed via USPS from Illinois, or Canada Post from Oakville, ON. Please watch for it in the next few days.
    The BlackBerry Trade Up Team
    02-11-15 09:16 AM
    I got the email too.. I'd like to think someone is reading these posts and taking action, but in any case it's good news for everyone who participated in this program. Crossing fingers that it's real!!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 10:02 AM
    Clover sounds like they're a mom and pop operation that got in way over their heads. BlackBerry would do well to have a look at these places before contracting out to them. IMO

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 01:32 PM
    got my email saying i'll be getting a cheque in 7-10 days as well after emailing them, i thought we were getting prepaid credit cards? im not gonna complain since cash is better
    02-12-15 04:29 PM
86 1234