Hi guys I shipped my phone out iPhone 5S about 3 weeks ago for their tradeup program. I forgot to ask for a receipt upon leaving the post office. So now I don't even know whether the CloverWireless has received my phone or not. I feel scammed because I've made tons of phone calls and nobody at blackberry cares or knows what's going on or whom I should contact. What's worse is that CloverWireless has a pretty bad reputation in the past and it's a really small company which doesn't even have a phone number. I know it may take up to 6 weeks to process and it's holiday season but I just feel really insecure. I've had tradeup program with HTC before which was a much smoother process that you can track the item all the time. Whatever. If this doesn't work out it may be the last time that I'm using a blackberry. And learn from my mistakes get the shipping receipt even when the shipping label has been prepaid so at least you will have a tracking number to fall back on.

Peace.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 05:08 PM
    Firstly, I really hope this work our for you. I and glad to hear of someone who tried it. I was very interested in doing the trade up promo as well. I could entry find anyone who had even tried.
    So after much deliberation I decided to buy a passport during the Christmas sale. My reasoning was I would prefer a have a guaranteed $100 off over a possible $200 top up plus value of an old device. The fine print said if the device was damaged in one of many ways the entire promo was toast..
    I will be following to see how this resolves.
    I'm interested to know what sort of rebate you get in the end. Keep us posted!

In the meantime I'm waiting on digital river to ship..... tick tock..

Posted via CB10
    IamSuperMas likes this.
    12-30-14 05:39 PM
    I did the trade up program and still waiting. Being in the shipping industry I was able to put tracking on it. The status site shows my original voucher # shows that it is not a valid one. But when going through some additional tests found it moved to another one.

So now the new one shows it still pending. I know it was delivered. It was funny that the person from support so surprised I knew it was delivered. I'm still waiting for a reply. I will post an update if resolved.

Have patience and keep contacting them. I hope you like your BBPP. I hope the value those of us who have switched.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 08:22 PM
    Hey buddy, any chance that you could tell me how I can check my package whether it's been received (I only have the barcode on that free shipping label) or who I could contact to check. Thanks a lot!
    12-31-14 07:43 AM
    surely i will
    12-31-14 07:44 AM
    Clover wireless is COMPLETELY unresponsive. I've been waiting since Dec 1 and I also have TWO voucher numbers. The one that the package was shipped with is shown as "invalid" when I check it Here, and I got another voucher number that has basiclly "initiated" status, meaning they haven't updated their records to show receipt. My fear is that their systems are screwed up so I'm not sure how they can associate the received voucher with the new one since there is nothing linking them. I KNOW they received the phone. I've sent 6 emails so far without a response.
    01-02-15 09:42 AM
    Thank god I thought it was only me!! Sorry for all that did this I'm in the same boat. I mailed my phone Dec 1st still nothing a month later!

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 09:47 AM
    Dear BlackBerry: it was very nice to offer a tradeup program that has great values and we the customers appreciate your creative thought. However, this awesomely sweet deal has so far left us with nothing but pure uncertainty. You worked with a company that is not too much bigger than a Starbucks coffee shop, without a contact phone number, a really sketchy physical workplace and a unresponsive customer service department. I'm aware of the holiday season has been holding things back but a simple response, update on the tradeup process or a confirmation would be extremely helpful. Can you do so for us?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 01:23 PM
    Bump

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 09:39 PM
    Hi guys I shipped my phone out iPhone 5S about 3 weeks ago for their tradeup program. I forgot to ask for a receipt upon leaving the post office. So now I don't even know whether the CloverWireless has received my phone or not. I feel scammed because I've made tons of phone calls and nobody at blackberry cares or knows what's going on or whom I should contact. What's worse is that CloverWireless has a pretty bad reputation in the past and it's a really small company which doesn't even have a phone number. I know it may take up to 6 weeks to process and it's holiday season but I just feel really insecure. I've had tradeup program with HTC before which was a much smoother process that you can track the item all the time. Whatever. If this doesn't work out it may be the last time that I'm using a blackberry. And learn from my mistakes get the shipping receipt even when the shipping label has been prepaid so at least you will have a tracking number to fall back on.

Peace.

Posted via CB10
    That doesn't sound right the post offi.ce should be able to look up you package with name and address!?!?!?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 03:33 AM
    Pre paid (permit) mailer there is no tracking.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 04:34 AM
    At ranjohn, I had to request / add the tracking at the time of shipping. It was only $1.50. However it had to be done at time of shipping.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 03:09 PM
    I used the trade up program for z10 to z30 a few months back...also run by Clover. After no replies and invalid on line voucher checks, I contacted BlackBerry customer support..hunt for the phone number rather than try emails as the latter just get non-helpful suggestions.
    The agent had to look into the issue as they were not familiar with the program at alli turned out it wasn't offered on the US BlackBerry site, just the Canadian site (I'm in Canada).

Anyway, they took charge, set me up with a case number, and I got several followup voice calls from them throughout the same day. Ultimately BlackBerry issued me a cheque for the amount claimed.

Hope this helps those here.

This Passport takes me places!
    SmileDahling likes this.
    01-04-15 03:29 PM
    The BB customer service is really weird as they try to steer clear of this issue at all cost and they know nobody that they could transfer me too. At this point it's been 4 weeks so I'm just going to wait for the 6 wks mark to talk to their supervisor and open a case if necessary. Also their customer service voice volume has always been extremely low for some reason.
    chesbeau likes this.
    01-05-15 11:44 AM
    SO is it safe to stay clear of this? Thats terrible if so. At this time and place for BB, if this is true, this is the total opposite of what they need to be involved in. I really wanted ppl to have a great pattern with this program as it was my main way to afford a new passport.
    01-06-15 02:58 AM
    Sent my iPhone 6 before new year's. No responses
    01-06-15 08:38 AM
    Here is the 800 # to contact clover wireless:

(800) 863-8023

This is a small company not equipped to handle a large influx of calls, plus they have very bad info systems.
    Furthermore, It appears as if someone created a DELIBERATE screwup in the processing so that people get two voucher numbers - the first used to send your device becomes invalid by the second, so the device is received and never recorded.

I'm not exactly sure what their revenue model is but it would seem very little is marginal (per unit processed), and so there is no incentive to be efficient or error-free, and in fact if Blackberry went with a "Cheap" contract model, we could see extremely long delay to payout, PLUS large % of "lost" phones or never received phones and thus no payout at all. I would understand if they got overwhelmed, as it takes 5 minutes to put an email autoresponder PLUS a note on the status page but that's clearly not the case.

The tradeup is starting to feel a lot more like a scam.
    01-08-15 11:53 AM
    Here is the 800 # to contact clover wireless:

(800) 863-8023

This is a small company not equipped to handle a large influx of calls, plus they have very bad info systems.
    Furthermore, It appears as if someone created a DELIBERATE screwup in the processing so that people get two voucher numbers - the first used to send your device becomes invalid by the second, so the device is received and never recorded.

I'm not exactly sure what their revenue model is but it would seem very little is marginal (per unit processed), and so there is no incentive to be efficient or error-free, and in fact if Blackberry went with a "Cheap" contract model, we could see extremely long delay to payout, PLUS large % of "lost" phones or never received phones and thus no payout at all. I would understand if they got overwhelmed, as it takes 5 minutes to put an email autoresponder PLUS a note on the status page but that's clearly not the case.

The tradeup is starting to feel a lot more like a scam.
    Thank you for providing this info. I'll see if I can reach someone at that number today and report back. Went on a leap of faith and got rid of my iPhone 6 so quickly with the intention of immediately jumping back into the Blackberry world that I failed to take any insurance measures on sending the iPhone out...Lesson learned.

Update: No answer. Left urgent message for a callback. Indeed, I got 2 different voucher numbers, one marked as "temporary" per the email quote I received and the other embedded on the actual rebate/shipping form (which is a different number). I'm really interested to see how this pans out. FYI below is the auto generated rebate mailer/shipping receipt (I've redacted my info).
    Passport tradeup program-print-voucher-blackberry-trade-up.jpg
    Last edited by mge1201; 01-08-15 at 03:17 PM.
    01-08-15 02:49 PM
    BlackBerry contacted me to help you with your trade in with the BlackBerry Passport Trade Up Program.* I just want to confirm that you are inquiring about voucher +++++++ created Dec 13th, 2014.* Can you please let me know when you placed your device in the mail and did you use the shipping label provided at the site?
    With the holidays and the shipping labels provided by the program, we receive the package around 10 to 14 days after the date shipped.* I will inquire with our operation team on the receipt of your voucher and will have an answer for you within 24 hours.*
    If you have any question, please let me know.*

Now I mailed mine in the beginning of Dec they are seeing the label being just printed on the 13th. As of today the warehouse has not received my device. BlackBerry is aware of this thread and is working on the problem.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 03:51 PM
    Those things are most likely scams. There's a few of them in the US also. The ones I've heard of will tell the seller (after a long while if at all) that the phone was lost during shipping but they will compensate for a small amount of what was promised.

I'm sure there are variations to the scheme. The one I used before was technollo. They also sent me a shipping label but decided not to follow through after reading other people's experiences.
    01-08-15 04:57 PM
    Hi guys: I have received a response from BlackBerry today regarding this issue. They said they will let me know by next week if they locate my device. Currently they are saying that my device has not been received, which was shipped on the 12th of December. I'm glad that at least BlackBerry and CloverWireless responded and looking into this. I went against all my friends opinions (iPhone and Note4 users) and got the passport which I absolutely love but it's just this part that hasn't worked out well. Hopefully it will soon. I'm glad to see that the new Maserati and VW are implementing BlackBerry's system and just hope they will keep up with the good work.

Posted via CB10
    BACK-2-BLACK and thymaster like this.
    01-08-15 07:28 PM
    I have contacted Clover Wireless 4 times. (one more time today). Each time, they make some keystrokes and then they "have to call me back"... NOBODY EVER CALLS BACK. Clearly tells me they have no way to look up voucher numbers and no way to verify what has been received. Clover wireless is NOT responsive, nor can they be responsive because their staff has not been trained or equipped with the systems needed to answer questions. There is a management and business failure here that MUST be addressed, or people will start to ask how Chen is hitting his goals and the turnaround story will unravel (by by stock price).

This program is appearing to be a SCAM pure and simple. It probably was not intended to be a SCAM by Blackberry, but Clover is not delivering a service that in line with BASIC expectations of honest business practices, and they are the ones responsible for servicing this business process. If anyone says they are getting answers from Blackberry, PLEASE substiantiate that claim - what number did you call, who did you speak with, what is the method of resolution, where is the data being obtained... Otherwise, vague information should also be treated as suspicious.
    01-08-15 08:41 PM
    I had sent in my iPhone on Dec 19th and no status change on the tradeup Web either. This needs to get to the press.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 09:55 PM
    I had sent in my iPhone on Dec 19th and no status change on the tradeup Web either. This needs to get to the press.
    CrackBerry's editorial team should cover it. But they won't because it might garner negative responses and make BlackBerry look bad.
    01-08-15 10:07 PM
    I called blackberry's head office and left a message for customer loyalty given my issue with digital river (hasn't gone anywhere yet). Might be worth a shot?
    01-08-15 10:10 PM
86 123 ...