Sorry guys if this has been asked before. I recently bought a passport and a couple of cases (ringke fusion, nillkin frosted shield and capdase upper classic) for it. However I somehow think these cases don't do justice to the gorgeous design of the Passport. I want to use it without a case cos I really love the way it feels. So here is the big question, will the Passport be able to take the daily beating ? I had both the classic and SE and they rocked without a case. Used the classic for about 10 months and SE for 6 months and no paint chipping or keypad problems etc. Is the original passport tough like them or its better I use a case for it? Pls advice

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 11:24 PM
    I had a Passport twice. Never tried a tough case for years. Sold it both to new owners without a scratch!
    kanungoash likes this.
    07-13-16 11:29 PM
    Rocking my Passport SE without a case just a screen protector and no problems here. The only case I would consider would be a bumper case. Rocking 24-7 with my Passport SE & Semi Retired Z10
    07-13-16 11:55 PM
    Highly recommend u use some kind of case. Yesterday on my way to the gym It slipped from my hands as I tried to grab it mid air it fell face first. Luckily the only thing scratched are the corners on which it the case firmly holds it. Close call but you NEVER know when shet happens. Trust me once you scratch it you won't look at it the same way.

So glad I have case on it.

Posted via CB10
    kanungoash likes this.
    07-14-16 12:33 AM
    I use the OEM leather case for my PP SE, I also have a Skinomi screen protector.

Dropped my phone twice from the top of a 20-step flight of stairs. No damage, no dinks, no scratches, no hairline cracks etc. Thing is tough, but my two cents for having a naked PP...buy a full-body clear protector at the minimum. I agree, the cases don't do the phone justice. It blocks so much of the design, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Posted via CB10
    kanungoash and Ms Planet like this.
    07-14-16 12:39 AM
    True...if only I could get a good sleeve, it would be awesome. So I think I will cover it up with the nillkin

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 12:43 AM
    It is pure luck. One of my buddies has been rocking his Classic with nothing on and that beast survives with no scratch whatsoever. Here I am using my Classic with a slight dent after a week I got it.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    07-14-16 12:49 AM
    That's true, but what I meant by the post was is the Passport tough enough to look good after months of normal use. Obviously if it falls on concrete it will get severe scratches. But that's normal. There are these phones, like say the torch, the chrome peeled off after a certain time of normal use.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 01:03 AM
    I've got an original black Passport, never had a case on it and it looks as good as new. It's also been dropped onto concrete which scratched the steel side bar, but a quick rub with a metal file sorted that out.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 01:27 AM
    I've got an original black Passport, never had a case on it and it looks as good as new. It's also been dropped onto concrete which scratched the steel side bar, but a quick rub with a metal file sorted that out.

Posted via CB10
    That's what's expected from the best of BlackBerry! The cases go inside a bigger case.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 01:29 AM
    Screen protector and you are good to go. No need for a case.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 03:13 AM
    Screen protector necessary, mine has been used naked since it came out, I've dropped it too many times to count on tiled floors, tarmac, concrete etc and I'm surprised its not in a worse shape, I will probably be changing the outer shell soon, so far it has outlived a Nexus 5, and currently outliving a Nexus 6p. This is one heck of a tough phone!
    07-14-16 03:43 AM
    Sorry guys if this has been asked before. I recently bought a passport and a couple of cases (ringke fusion, nillkin frosted shield and capdase upper classic) for it. However I somehow think these cases don't do justice to the gorgeous design of the Passport. I want to use it without a case cos I really love the way it feels. So here is the big question, will the Passport be able to take the daily beating ? I had both the classic and SE and they rocked without a case. Used the classic for about 10 months and SE for 6 months and no paint chipping or keypad problems etc. Is the original passport tough like them or its better I use a case for it? Pls advice

Posted via CB10
    My Passport once sits right underneath the Toyota Venza V6 front wheel face down with winter salt on the driveway, and it still work flawless! So is it tough enough? Of course yes!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 09:05 PM
    It's a tough phone, but if you plan to keep it in good condition cosmetically, you might as well get it a case. A screen protector would also protect it from micro scratches.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 12:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    I was wondering what product did u use to rub the metal frame of the passport? I have a scratch too and im not happy with it!

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 01:09 AM
    Mine was pristine until I knocked it off a fencepost by my garden and very nearly ran it through the cultivator. It hit a planter I made of rocks and mortar on the way down and got a scratch on the metal right by the volume rockers. So sad, that's it's only boo boo.

I am wondering what is the survival rate of the OG Passport if it falls and hits a hard surface with one of the corners. I would think that would be immediate screen shatter, no? That's my one phobia that keeps my Passport in a case.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 01:14 AM
    No. You are gambling.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-15-16 09:57 AM
    No. You are gambling.

Posted via CB10
    That's the thing... you just never know what might happen.
    07-15-16 03:18 PM
    Passport is very tough imo. I had dropped mine 3 or 4ft to the concrete many times, probably at least 10-15 times. Never an issue. At most, a small scratch on the frame. The passport is a beast. But if you want to keep it looking new than maybe a simple thin oem case.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 06:35 PM
    I use the OEM leather case for my PP SE. The Kickstand has really brought some cool things. love the minimal but good protection. No screen protection, non no no
    07-15-16 08:45 PM
    I got the seidio black one for my SE. I've really liked it so far. Put a tempered glass protector on it.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 08:50 PM
    I dropped my Passport SE last weekend at Dodger Stadium. It was in my back pocket not down far enough and when I was about to sit down, it dropped on the concrete.

It barely scuffed the corner of the phone, but other than that, it was fine.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 09:28 PM
    I have few scratches that I don't know how it get there... Using it naked without a case is feel lot better in hand than when u're using a case.. But if u want a precaution it's better to use a case or a bumper and a screen protector...

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 10:04 PM
    I have a Passport and a Passport SE and neither have cases. They hold up well.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 10:38 PM