I have bought two passports since the official launch and as much as I love the device, both ended up in the hands of clients who loved the device and wouldn't give it back after trying it. So two new Blackberry users.

I found after years of doing repetitive task, my hands and fingers get sore from pressing the physical keys versus using the all touch keyboard on my z30. Thank god for the ergo designed keyboard on my iMac PC.

At 58 and wearing glasses, I need a bigger screen for reading my emails and messages, so the passport and z30 screens fit the bill perfectly.

Why not come out with the passport touch model? Make the device the identical size, but instead of the physical keys at the bottom, make the screen bigger to accommodate a touch screen keyboard simulator to the one in the z10 or z30?

Now you have both a physical and all touch model built on the same platform, so the manufacturing end should be easy to adapt. Just a thought, what do you think folks?

Sent from my lovey z30 on T Mobile USA
    Last edited by bakron1; 10-17-14 at 05:43 AM.
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    10-17-14 03:25 AM
    I'd love that.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 O2 UK
    10-17-14 03:27 AM
    perhaps the next one, but I really enjoy the keyboard
    10-17-14 05:04 AM
    Sounds good to me

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 05:06 AM

Why not come out with the passport touch model? Make the device the identical size, but instead of the physical keys at the bottom, make the screen bigger to accommodate a touch screen keyboard simulator to the one in the z10 or z30?
    Are you thinking of a permanent virtual keyboard, or a 4:3 all-touch Passport with a regular on-demand keyboard?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-17-14 05:53 AM
    Are you thinking of a permanent virtual keyboard, or a 4:3 all-touch Passport with a regular on-demand keyboard?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    I was thinking of a 4:3 all touch with a regular on demand similar to the z10 or z30, just increase the screen size, if thats possible and wouldn't cause any scaling issues.
    10-17-14 06:03 AM
    Now your on to something!

Z10
    10-17-14 06:14 AM
    The 4:3 screen would make full touch passport perfect. BB can still stick on to WORK WIDE with that ratio. But I have one wish to add to that list. It would be fantastic to add a hidden physical keyboard (non stiff keys) like we saw in the patents of Visa/Victoria with excellent build quality. A one row keyboard which would slide 2 more rows would be awesome. Think about the first row keys being programmable to have call/end, camera, hub etc just like function keys. My fantasy phone for now!
    bakron1 and Carjackd like this.
    10-17-14 06:19 AM
    I was thinking of a 4:3 all touch with a regular on demand similar to the z10 or z30, just increase the screen size, if thats possible and wouldn't cause any scaling issues.
    The 4:3 should work fine with most Android apps; I think it's one of their standard ratios, although I'm not certain about that. For BB10 itself, it would add a third screen ratio to the mix, requiring adaptation of many existing apps, depending on how they were written, I guess.

If the Passport form factor turns out to have some lasting traction, then I'd agree that they should work with the momentum and release an all-touch Passport. I'm thinking this size and shape could become the new iconic BlackBerry form factor.

For myself, I'd be interested in such a device if, and only if, they bring gesture typing to BB10. But that's just me.
    10-17-14 08:46 AM
    I have had the Passport 2 days now. So far my only complaint is the lack of the 4th row. To me, they had the area available and the only thing it would have messed up would be the matching the actual passport size. I miss the 4th row more for comfort than function. Maybe it will grow on me. Its still early.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 09:53 AM
    *cough* LG Vu *cough* fail *cough*

Posted via CB10
    ubizmo likes this.
    10-17-14 10:15 AM
    Might be another winner. Let's have it BlackBerry.

Sent using the awesome BlackBerry Passport
    10-17-14 10:20 AM
    I have bought two passports since the official launch and as much as I love the device, both ended up in the hands of clients who loved the device and wouldn't give it back after trying it. So two new Blackberry users.

I found after years of doing repetitive task, my hands and fingers get sore from pressing the physical keys versus using the all touch keyboard on my z30. Thank god for the ergo designed keyboard on my iMac PC.

At 58 and wearing glasses, I need a bigger screen for reading my emails and messages, so the passport and z30 screens fit the bill perfectly.

Now you have both a physical and all touch model built on the same platform, so the manufacturing end should be easy to adapt. Just a thought, what do you think folks?

Sent from my lovey z30 on T Mobile USA
    I'd go for that.
    10-17-14 10:25 AM
    It would be interesting to see why the Android version of this form factor (4:3 ratio on a 5" screen - like this LG Vu 3 F300L) hasn't enjoyed much success.
    10-17-14 10:29 AM
    It would be interesting to see why the Android version of this form factor (4:3 ratio on a 5" screen - like this LG Vu 3 F300L) hasn't enjoyed much success.
    Good question. I didn't even know about it.

Passport Touch model?-lg-optimus-vu-ii-2-big-girl-cute-card-635x398.jpeg
    10-17-14 02:09 PM
    I'd buy one! But then again....I buy all the BB phones that come out(expensive hobby).
    10-17-14 02:58 PM
    Looks pretty cool, where would you buy one of these at? Unfortunately LG has gotten a bad wrap as far as the market here in the USA. Even the new Nexus phone is shifting from LG to Motorola.
    10-17-14 03:53 PM
    Looks pretty cool, where would you buy one of these at? Unfortunately LG has gotten a bad wrap as far as the market here in the USA. Even the new Nexus phone is shifting from LG to Motorola.
    If I were in the market for an Android, I'd consider one, although at the moment the OnePlus One is hard to beat for the money. The LG Vu battery is a lot smaller than the Passport's, so you couldn't expect the endurance the Passport and Z30 have. Pixel density is a bit less than the Z30 and a lot less than the Passport. I don't know how it would look in real life though.
    10-17-14 06:04 PM
    Before the Passport came out I never thought I would go back to a physical keyboard from z30. After one week of using the Passport I dropped my Z30, even though I was typing faster on it but with more mistakes.
    Now I really think I have the mobile laptop I needed. I don't think an all touch passport makes sense. This keyboard is amazing and I hope that they will allow it to operate as a mouse, too, in 10.3.1.
    You could not do that with a touch glass keyboard.
    The keyboard is also what makes it so unique. My students are wowed when they see it and they all have iphones and androids..and these are electrical engineering students.
    This is one impressive and unique phone.
    It makes you proud to show it off and to use a blackberry phone.
    An all-touch passport would be just like any other phablet.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 06:25 PM
    I'm a PKB guy. But if there is an option to have a non-pkb, sounds good. As long as they have the pkb option

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 06:35 PM
    I think the subsequent versions of the LG Vu (they went from square to full rounded corners) are only available in Korea/Far East. Apparently there is some niche for that form factor in full touch over there.

Passport Touch model?-n42byak.jpg
    Last edited by Ment; 10-17-14 at 08:12 PM. Reason: updated with Vu 3 pic
    10-17-14 08:05 PM
    I want this device you have described. 1440x1920 resolution so you could watch movies in HD with black bars, or imagine running two apps made for Z30 720x1280 resolution side by side with your VKB up and available to use.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    bakron1 likes this.
    10-17-14 08:18 PM
    Chen and I had discussed this in a previous forum. An all touch Passport with tool belt. I love the idea.
    The Z10 & Z30 have me enamored to the touch screen.

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on STA 100-3 10.3.1.632
    10-17-14 09:09 PM
    I not only agree with this, but actually wished, while trying to make the decision whether to buy the Passport or not, that there was an all touch option.

Chen and I had discussed this in a ?previous forum. An all touch Passport with tool belt. I love the idea.
    The Z10 & Z30 have me enamored to the touch screen.

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew !on STA 100-3 10.3.1.632
    Are you telling me that Chen is on Crackberry and talks to people? About Blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 09:38 PM
    Oops. Prem not Chen. Sorry

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on STA 100-3 10.3.1.632
    10-17-14 10:11 PM
27 12