It needs updates for so much & is totally abandoned... I regret having paid so much & gotten barely a year of support & updates only to find the utility to be short lived... am I alone swearing off any further business with BlackBerry, obviously an irresponsible provider to do business with?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 02:34 AM
    I suppose my friend your the only one saying this as I have never heard anyone saying this if ur saying the 10.3.3 hasn't Come in wait till January 2016 it's officially being pushed rest all updates are up to date. Pls check or specify what u exactly want I just got a SE last week and I am sure everyone will agree PP is a rockstar it rocks.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-15-15 02:44 AM
    It rocked... no longer, rather out to seed...how sad great stuff like bb10 & webOS fall into the incompetent hands of the disgraceful CEOs & thence destroyed...
    12-15-15 03:05 AM
    Hi I don't understand where you are coming from. I just received an update from SmarTone here in HK last week. I'm running 10.3..2.2474 and there was an article about the latest leak that is out now. I have only had my Passport SE for 3 weeks coming from my Z10. Still learning things daily and getting familiar with the PKB (My First) and the size. When is the last time you checked for updates. My Passport SE rocks.
    Rocking 24-7 with my Passport SE, 64GB Playbook & Retired Z10
    Last edited by Jrox74; 12-15-15 at 03:19 AM. Reason: spelling
    12-15-15 03:18 AM
    2474 was pushed to me months ago...
    12-15-15 03:21 AM
    Do one thing bro security wipe the phone if it's acting funny then install a os reload or jst c Wht update it gives u. Do this u will fall in love with it again if not u sell it to me OK.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 03:25 AM
    my question is why you feel the need to keep updating...
    it isn't like new features are always being added, neither does this happen in android either....

if it worked for you, and you haven't changed how you use phone, why change it?
    12-15-15 05:45 AM
    Do you want an update just for the sake of updating? Do you have any troubles with the phone? I am a happy user of a silver passport and I am very happy with it and more than that my wife wants one too to upgrade her Q10. The future might be not great but we will see.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-15-15 06:00 AM
    Interestingly, this morning on Canada AM there was a bit with Carmi Levy on whether or not extended warranties are necessary (mostly not worth the cost) - they had a split screen featuring people trying various electronics. This film didn't look staged. It was like standard footage of shoppers. Prominently featured were people picking up and playing with the Classic and the Passport.

I found that interesting so thought I'd share.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    12-15-15 07:07 AM
    Too used to android eh? The urge to get a daily update. The last update is just fine to me, even without any update for the next 2 years. It should be just fine. What more would you ask?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 07:25 AM
    Passport is fine how it is. How often do you expect there to be an update???

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 07:31 AM
    Updates are usually for two things: bug fixes and new features.

There is no bug on Passport, so no need for updates on that front.

The most wanted feature is Google Services, but BlackBerry found that they cannot do anything about it on BB10.

Everything else is really a moot point.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    12-15-15 07:56 AM
    Passport is fine how it is. How often do you expect there to be an update???

Posted via CB10
    I was thinking same thing? *shrugs*

BBPPSE user of about 3 weeks

Passport SQW100-4 10.3.2.2474
    12-15-15 08:04 AM
    I too agree that the Passport has a lot still to offer, but also share the OP's view that it could well use certain updates.

For instance, it has been discussed that the Android Runtime will gradually become obsolete if it is not updated beyond 4.3. This, imho, is the main update that BB10 devices would need, along with security patches. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening.

Also, several apps on BlackBerry World are not well fitted or simply unavailable for square screen devices, it's a true shame.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    12-15-15 08:14 AM
    A new android runtime is ALL that the Passport requires now but that's not going to happen. IMHO the latest OS is now mature and VERY bug free. There really are no updates needed. 10.3.2.2813 is the best OS that I have ever used. It is working flawlessly for me and really there is no need to change anything.
    12-15-15 08:18 AM
    This is genius! Instead of announcing EOL or end of support of BB10 handset Passports , John Chen should announce that the BlackBerry 10 operating system is finished and requires no further updates!
    12-15-15 08:32 AM
    The only update that I would find helpful would be to have the assistant more Siri, Google Now, Cortana like. I find it slow, inconsistent, and many times completely unusable while on the road and needing to keep my eyes off the phone. I find it ironic that this is the best business persons phone on the planet with the worst personal assistant and would love to see that improved upon. I work for one company and run another small personal business and my need to be able to set calendar appointments and reminders throughout the day while I'm on the road comes second behind the safety of me and the drivers around me. If the assistant gave me a better return on my attempted usage I would keep this phone until the keys feel off, which I may do anyway.

Posted via CB10
    SomeoneOrOther likes this.
    12-15-15 08:36 AM
    This is genius! Instead of announcing EOL or end of support of BB10 handset Passports , John Chen should announce that the BlackBerry 10 operating system is finished and requires no further updates!

Pretty much.....
    12-15-15 08:39 AM
    It rocked... no longer, rather out to seed...how sad great stuff like bb10 & webOS fall into the incompetent hands of the disgraceful CEOs & thence destroyed...
    Yet you're not stating what is it that you're missing.
    Seems like you're asking an update just because apple fangirls are getting more of them LOL

Posted via the sexy black Panther
    nicky_willz likes this.
    12-15-15 09:22 AM
    It needs updates for so much & is totally abandoned... I regret having paid so much & gotten barely a year of support & updates only to find the utility to be short lived... am I alone swearing off any further business with BlackBerry, obviously an irresponsible provider to do business with?

Posted via CB10
    I would like to know what is so WRONG with your passport so I can complain too.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    12-15-15 09:25 AM
    The only update that I would find helpful would be to have the assistant more Siri, Google Now, Cortana like. I find it slow, inconsistent, and many times completely unusable while on the road and needing to keep my eyes off the phone. I find it ironic that this is the best business persons phone on the planet with the worst personal assistant and would love to see that improved upon. I work for one company and run another small personal business and my need to be able to set calendar appointments and reminders throughout the day while I'm on the road comes second behind the safety of me and the drivers around me. If the assistant gave me a better return on my attempted usage I would keep this phone until the keys feel off, which I may do anyway.

Posted via CB10
    The assistant does that perfect. It's probably the only thing it has never failed me for. Have you tried just speaking your entire appointment to it?
    'create a calendar event January 10th at 5pm called supper' for example.

Sometimes it doesn't want to launch an app or decides to use a browser search for the weather though.
    12-15-15 09:31 AM
    I buy products for what they can do, not what they may do in the future. It is unfortunate that BlackBerry couldn't get official Google support for the play store as that's the only improvement as I see necessary. I more than manage with my Z30 and Cobalt's patched services and Play Store.

Interestingly, my Z30 does more today than when I first got it. It's a robust piece of hardware that I figure I can get another two years out of.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    12-15-15 09:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't exactly see the problem. The Passport gets as many updates as any other BB10 phone and you will continue to see updates in the near future.

You probably also knew that BlackBerry was in an unstable position already when you bought that phone, so a strategy change could always happen.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 11:53 AM
    I buy products for what they can do, not what they may do in the future. It is unfortunate that BlackBerry couldn't get official Google support for the play store as that's the only improvement as I see necessary. I more than manage with my Z30 and Cobalt's patched services and Play Store.

Interestingly, my Z30 does more today than when I first got it. It's a robust piece of hardware that I figure I can get another two years out of.

Posted via CB10
    I agree google support for the playstore would make every BB10 user satisfied. BB was likely forced to engineer a device running android to get that access which is a bloody shame. I however understand and agree with the business principal behind the Priv.
    12-15-15 12:12 PM
    The list of deficiencies is stated here by others & in plenty of other threads... my point of focus here is the abandonment...

Blackberry sells me a $600 fone & walks away from it before it's a year old. They are so cash strapped, they can't support their own operating system; at the same time they run around spending hundreds of millions buying companies that do security and enterprise better than they. They proffer an almost $800 phone that has huge list of production defects & just android anyone can get for free on a free device elsewhere... how is it possible to let a pitiful CEO run amok at investors & customers expense. It's a disgrace !!

What sense can be made of BlackBerry Subsidizing Mercedes Benz formula 1 racing cars & claiming poverty ?? I am disgusted with all this !!
    12-15-15 08:00 PM
39 12