I can't use it one hand (I'm five foot-ish, small hands), but love it so far! (just waiting for that initial grace period of getting used to a physical keyboard again).
    My z30 felt too big at first (going from Z10 to Q10 to Z30), then I was used to it right away and the size looked "normal" and anything smaller appeared too small (too hard to go back to q10, although I wanted a physical keyboard). In fact, the only thing I didn't like about the Z30 was lack of physical keyboard (I'd prob kill for a slider phone).
    I've only been using my PP about a day, so I'll say there will definitely be a small adjustment period to the physical keyboard and its layout (accessory keys/virtual keys), but aside from that, so far so good!
    11-05-14 10:58 AM
    Felt too big at first but once I got use to it everything else is too small. I think it's the perfect size. Surprisingly it fits better in my pocket then the Q10 did, must be because it's slimmer. Really liking everything about the my new BlackBerry Passport!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 11:19 AM
    The size is perfect! Coming from an iPhone 5
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    11-05-14 11:46 AM
    Far less grammatical errors and missing mistakes due to wrong auto word correction that happened all too often on my Z10.
    ..Far fewer grammatical errors.... (sorry, couldn't resist..it's one of my pet peeves. )
    11-05-14 11:55 AM
    It's meant to be big! For reading and viewing pages. Its mentioned in the description.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 09:06 AM
    this a great thread...thanks to all of you for your input.
    It really helps.
    Will I get my typing speed up to the current level of my Z10 typing? I haven't had a keyboard since the 9800, 9900.
    11-09-14 03:48 PM
    The passport reminds me of the day and age we still used square monitors. When I'm using the passport it doesn't seem like a phone to me but rather like a mini computer. The size is not for everyone. Some will force themselves to adapt to it or they will just find a device they don't need to adapt to. Give yourself time. If you don't get used to it in a few weeks you probably won't ever. There's times I still think this device is too big, mainly when I'm walking and I want to pull out the phone. I feel like I can drop it by accident pulling it out because it's wide and heavy. It really is a phone like no other in that regard.
    11-09-14 04:26 PM
    I'm 6'3, so this is the first phone I felt was actually designed JUST for me, lol

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 04:38 PM
    Really close to buying a passport had BlackBerry for years love my q10. Read loads and loads of reviews and help a passport today but is it too big and heavy for a phone. Or is it just a adjustment period????

Posted via CB10
    My experience; after 45 min with the Passport the Q10 seamed strange and the small display screen had me wonder how I ever lived without the Passport!
    11-09-14 04:41 PM
    it's a cool device, let's you have a big bulge in your pocket....gets attention ;-)
    11-09-14 06:22 PM
    It's too big unless you use this attachment thingy I found at fingereight.com also on amazon. Makes any phone easier to use.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-09-14 06:24 PM
    Love mine. I don't think it's too big. Once you have it for a couple days you realize what you've been missing with the narrow screens of all the other phones today. Use mine for just about everything now.

Passport on AT&T
    11-09-14 06:35 PM
    Thought the same thing. Upgraded from a z10. I actually really like it's size now. Its so comfortable to read and compose emails, surf the web and the like. Get it. You won't regret it.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 06:40 PM
    Not as big as you would think, but it's super awkward with only one hand

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 07:10 PM
    It seems too big, because it's way out of the norm. Truth is for some things, yes, but for a lot more things it's perfect. Basically, it's too big for one handed use, specifically typing. Can you deal with that, is the question? While you think about that, consider that it is perfect for two handed use. This is a powerful work horse of a device and it's size compliments that. My personal opinion, after just over a month of use: no, the Passport is not too big. I can read what's on my screen effortlessly. I'm not forever scrolling. My hands aren't all cramped up while typing. Generally navigating around the phone one handed isn't too bad, although typing one handed makes me look like a moron. But personally, I like to get right into typing and usually use two hands anyhow. At the end of the day it really comes down to if you can handle two handed typing all the time, if you can it's worth it.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 07:59 PM
    I thought it was too big for the first couple of days and then I kept using it. I now think my Q10 is far too small.

Testing the Passport for a week before moving back to the Q and staying with my company paid plan on VZW. Bummed I have to switch back but looking toward to where BlackBerry is going and keeping my fingers crossed for Verizon carrying the passport come 2015.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 08:20 PM
    Every other skinny phone just seems so small after using the Passport. It's big but it's definitely not too big. Although 2 hand use is recommended I can actually use it with 1 hand as well. With one hand, I'm just not as nimble or quick with it as I was with my BlackBerry Bold.

Typing at first seems very spread out but now I can type pretty much as quick as I did before. Now I can't get over how small the QWERTY keys were in the older BlackBerry phones!
    11-09-14 08:29 PM
    Every other skinny phone just seems so small after using the Passport. It's big but it's definitely not too big. Although 2 hand use is recommended I can actually use it with 1 hand as well. With one hand, I'm just not as nimble or quick with it as I was with my BlackBerry Bold.

Typing at first seems very spread out but now I can type pretty much as quick as I did before. Now I can't get over how small the QWERTY keys were in the older BlackBerry phones!
    I agree, but I don't think you can work this phone with one hand unless you have massive hands. I would not even think about trying to work with one hand. Not happy to give it up, but will be okay knowing it's available and others are happy with it.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 08:44 PM
    I agree, but I don't think you can work this phone with one hand unless you have massive hands. I would not even think about trying to work with one hand. Not happy to give it up, but will be okay knowing it's available and others are happy with it. Posted via CB10
    Are you giving it up? Why?
    11-09-14 09:23 PM
    Not too big no... If anything, I'd like BB to trim the side and top bezels so that, while keeping the same form factor, we get more screen real estate. Wouldn't be opposed to making it even bigger actually, as my hands are big enough to for one-hand use/typing.
    Are you Andre The Giant? How do you reach your right thumb to the Q without dropping it?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 09:27 PM
    Size is a non issue. Will say that the weight is really noticeable but doable.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by robert_in_la; 11-09-14 at 10:32 PM.
    11-09-14 10:15 PM
    For my pattern of usage the Passport is very good fit. The Passport's weight is balanced well and it feels comfortable to use, and serves often in place of my tablet or laptop. The caliber of the Passport's hardware gives a fair impression it's been built for years of use.
    11-09-14 10:53 PM
    I had a guy come up to me and questioned me about my big phone when I used it to nfc pay at tim Hortons last week (while we were waiting for our orders to be ready).

Showed it to him, and he asked if it was the new blackberry. I said yes, he commented again that it was so big and attn-grabbing.

Then, he pulled out his phone to compare, and I had to laugh. Not sure what it was, but some Nokia phone, bright green border (or that may have been a case). I commented, "no, THAT'S a big phone!" as it was almost as wide as the passport, but twice as tall.

Posted from my babied Passport
    11-10-14 09:28 AM
    Are you giving it up? Why?
    I can't run it on my company provided VZW account. I bought it and activated on at&t for about a week to test it and absolutely fell in love with the device. I can't justify paying the extra monthly cost on at&t just to carry the Passport.

Keeping my hopes up and fingers crossed for the Passport on Verizon.

Posted via Q10
    11-10-14 10:05 AM
    I'm 6'3, so this is the first phone I felt was actually designed JUST for me, lol

Posted via CB10
    Lol!

"May I see your Passport please?"
    11-10-14 10:20 AM
117 12345