Really close to buying a passport had BlackBerry for years love my q10. Read loads and loads of reviews and help a passport today but is it too big and heavy for a phone. Or is it just a adjustment period????

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 04:10 PM
    If you're fine with a two-handed phone, it's great.

Recommend you get the OEM leather flip case. Makes it easier to hold, interestingly.

Posted with my Passport via CB10!
    11-03-14 04:12 PM
    It's not too big for me, and there are overall bigger phones (including the iPhone 6 Plus). Anyone who has ever traveled with a Passport knows exactly how large the phone is. I've never complained that my Passport is too large or doesn't fit in my pockets. The device is about an inch wider than the average smartphone & is slightly shorter.

The screen dimension makes it better for reading email, documents, etc., but it's still portable.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    11-03-14 04:14 PM
    I can do limited one handed operation on my Passport but for the full enjoyment, use two hands. The best part is there will be no Passport owners texting while operating a motor vehicle, which is a good thing!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1016
    howards likes this.
    11-03-14 04:16 PM
    I am stunned by how good the device is. The keyboard wasn't even an adjustment for me. It felt natural right away. I don't have big hands but I really don't have an issue with one-handed use at all. Obviously when typing I need two hands but everything else is just fine. This phone is sweet. Real sweet.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 04:17 PM
    YMMV, because the only person who can tell you whether or not the Passport is "too big" is you.

It is definitely wider than a typical smartphone. That's its strength and its weakness, since that width gives you a great display, too. On one hand, it takes some getting used to. On the other hand, it's well worth it (or at least has been for me).
    andy957 likes this.
    11-03-14 04:21 PM
    I can do limited one handed operation on my Passport but for the full enjoyment, use two hands. The best part is there will be no Passport owners texting while operating a motor vehicle, which is a good thing!

Agreed. This was certainly a selling point for me. The emphasis on one handed use (or lack thereof) has been fairly surprising.

It hasn't at all detracted from my enjoyment of the Passport, but many, many, many reviewers disagree with me, apparently.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    11-03-14 04:25 PM

That's what knees are for.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 04:38 PM

Except talk to txt lol

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 04:39 PM
    Really close to buying a passport had BlackBerry for years love my q10. Read loads and loads of reviews and help a passport today but is it too big and heavy for a phone. Or is it just a adjustment period????

Posted via CB10
    Had the same thoughts and fears, but took the step and got one after having played with several units on display in a couple stores (was already hard finding them). I don't regret it. The size and the keyboard are sure things you need to get used to, but after one week of intensive passport use, the Q10 (and my Z10 as well) feels just so tiny.

I definitely won't go back and don't regret my decision at all. 10.3 still has some quirks (calendar issues for me), but the device is just awesome and I'm sure, the software bugs will get ironed out

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    11-03-14 04:56 PM
    I can just barely palm it for phone calls. That could be an issue for some.

Posted with my Passport via CB10!
    11-03-14 04:59 PM
    This phone is a little too heavy for one hand use. My pinky finger got sore trying to balance this thing. If the next passport could be the same weight as the Z30 that would be good. Coming from a 1 handed device I found times where I could not use my phone because it either required 2 hands or that it was too uncomfortable to pull it out of my pant pocket without the fear of dropping it. Also a corner of the phone will stick out of my side jacket pockets because of how wide it is so I can't put my phone there like I used to.
    11-03-14 05:01 PM
    It is not too big

Posted via CB10
    danijelz1 likes this.
    11-03-14 05:08 PM
    This phone is a little too heavy for one hand use. My pinky finger got sore trying to balance this thing. If the next passport could be the same weight as the Z30 that would be good. Coming from a 1 handed device I found times where I could not use my phone because it either required 2 hands or that it was too uncomfortable to pull it out of my pant pocket without the fear of dropping it. Also a corner of the phone will stick out of my side jacket pockets because of how wide it is so I can't put my phone there like I used to.
    Next passport is called the visa. Lol we've already seen a patent leak that looks like it's a 16:9 device with a torch like keyboard that flips out.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 05:09 PM
    coming from a Z10, it has for sure been a big adjustment. I don't like "big" phones, phablet phones etc,
    I see people at work with them and all I can think is why would you want to carry around that huge thing all the time.

I knew it was going to be different, but all the other stuff (hardware, screen, touch keyboard, etc) that was the draw of the device was worth the risk I thought to try something new for me.

it is wide, thats for sure. but once you hold it, I dunno to me it feels big but I don't feel like it is an OVER sized device.
    I mean, you look at that screen with something with detail on it and it looks real nice...then you do a few emails on it, loving how everything fits better....then you use the keyboard to scroll or to move the cursor .....look at a webpage or two or a PDF or a office doc......then you forget how wide it is.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-03-14 05:29 PM
    Who would need a narrow phone that bends these days? Grab it and work wide!

Sentt frrom myy BlaackBerrryy Q10 | 10.3.1.1016 | Globe-Telecom
    11-03-14 05:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    No.. it is just the the other phones are too small!!

Seriously though I have been a Q10 users and going back after switching to the Passport gives me a claustrophobic feeling.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 05:32 PM
    Work Wide OP....simples...
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-03-14 05:39 PM
    I'm wanting something in between the size of the Classic and the Passport. Maybe like a 4 - 4.2 inch square screen.
    11-03-14 05:44 PM
    No! Note is too big. This is perfect. IMHO

Posted with my 5 week old superb Passport!
    11-03-14 05:45 PM
    I like it.... thought it might be too big but... it's not.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 06:08 PM
    I saw one today on the store here in Kuwait and it was not too big or wide. It has a perfect size and it's like a mini laptop to me. One hand for me cannot handle much the phone and do typing, it depends on your hands (if you have a big hands). For me I use two hands for typing and it's not a huge problem with me. After my Blackberry Passport hands-on I looked to the Z30 and it feels like the Z30 looks smaller and thin to me hehe. Maybe once you used the BlackBerry Passport you will never look back again to other phones when you get used to that Passport's wider screen, it's pretty unqiue design and I'm still not decided which will I choose to buy Z30 or Passport or maybe next year a new BlackBerry10 tablet?
    11-03-14 06:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    It is too big for my liking. I have not tried it but all the hands on pics we see tend to tell me t is larger than I like. I am just getting used to my z30 which is larger than my s4

Z30, Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1016, I missed you.
    11-03-14 06:48 PM
    I think it's really a personal thing when it comes to " Is the Passport too big?" ... I, for one, needed a short adjustment period going from a Q10 to a PP. I have my new phone since like 2 weeks now and I don't even notice his size anymore ! Two handed typing feels natural, although I miss using only one hand sometimes when i'm holding something else, but if you do a pros and cons list, in my opinion the Passport is a real winner. That device is so unique and powerful, and I'm really glad I bought one ^^
    11-03-14 07:03 PM
    I just hold mine like it's a Victoria secret model

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 07:12 PM
117 123 ...