Hi guys, bought my Passport yesterday secondhand, pretty liking this coming from a Samsung S5.

I got a nice deal for the phone but there is a small amount of damage i'm hoping can be fixed fairly easily.

It has a few scuffs from were dust has got under the official hard case and through general use has rubbed back and fourth making it look abit rough on the two top corners. But the main issue is the previous owners young dog has grabbed hold of it and bit it once, pushing the bezel in very slightly (looks like small punture), in which its hardly noticable but it has pushed the screen a tiny bit. Now if I get a pin i can just get under the top right corner of the screen....but i want it to be stuck back down.

Is there some sort glue that I can put just under the corner, I need like the smallest amount but it's bugging me.

On a less important note, is there anything to use to clean up scuffs? I have the black one with the silver trim and there are slight scuffs to both.

Thanks for any help!
    05-01-15 06:08 AM
    Congratulations on your new Passport. I'd ignore the scuffs because a case would hide them, but if you really must, maybe some high grit sandpaper (1000+) would smooth them out.

The screen lifting is an issue that is known to get worse with time and requires disassembling the device to "true" the frame and replace the adhesive. I'd suggest having a professional do it. They might even do the buffing for you.
    05-01-15 07:08 AM
    Congratulations on your new Passport. I'd ignore the scuffs because a case would hide them, but if you really must, maybe some high grit sandpaper (1000+) would smooth them out.

The screen lifting is an issue that is known to get worse with time and requires disassembling the device to "true" the frame and replace the adhesive. I'd suggest having a professional do it. They might even do the buffing for you.
    Thanks! Yeah the scuffs are just minor and when my new case comes today they will be covered, but thanks for the advice! It's the screen that is important.

It just seems such a waste to take the whole screen off for it lifting only slightly. Can some shops take the screen off and put the same one back on? I don't want to have to pay for a new screen...the price I paid for the Passport was good but not if I have to replace the screen!
    05-01-15 07:26 AM
    (Whispering: About 'screen lifting' issue, you can actually use super glue or mighty bond. I have an issue with 'screen lifting' and since I don't want to wait for another month or two to get replacement and the risk of getting another issues / problem other than 'screen lifting' not to mention the amount of time and effort I did to transfer my data and stuff from my Z10, I took the liberty of fixing it by myself - as it was also suggested to me. And from personal experience, it is dammed working as I'm typing this post. Again, if only you just wondering what is your other options.)

Posted via CB10
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    05-01-15 09:46 AM
    (Whispering: About 'screen lifting' issue, you can actually use super glue or mighty bond. I have an issue with 'screen lifting' and since I don't want to wait for another month or two to get replacement and the risk of getting another issues / problem other than 'screen lifting' not to mention the amount of time and effort I did to transfer my data and stuff from my Z10, I took the liberty of fixing it by myself - as it was also suggested to me. And from personal experience, it is dammed working as I'm typing this post. Again, if only you just wondering what is your other options.)

Posted via CB10
    Think this is more of what the OP was looking for. I also recall the use of clothes pins as well as making sure that the device is flat (frame not bent, if so bend back) prior to using glue and some pins while on charger (heats the device).

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 08:45 PM
    Gotta say, with these types of tips being passed around for the Passport. It's turning out to be more Classic BlackBerry than the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 09:04 PM
    Gotta say, with these types of tips being passed around for the Passport. It's turning out to be more Classic BlackBerry than the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    lol... had to laugh at that. In all honesty we now have 3 Passports in the house with zero hardware issues. One from September, one from Black Friday, and a newer AT&T version. I have been lucky enough to not have to try any of the above and would more than likely attempt to utilize the warranty with the device if there was any hardware defects. Just passing along what I've read since launch. Don't shoot the messenger haha.

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    05-01-15 09:30 PM
    I got a while one too and this has the 'screen flickering', 'heating' and 'double keyboard typing' issues - which can no longer be fixed with 'glue' and straight away (I didn't even bother to do OS reloading or whatever other fixing alternatives), I returned it for replacement. As expected, I have to wait for 3 weeks to a month to get the replacement due to stock and order prioritisation.

I also don't fully support the 'fixing it by self' approach especially if your device is still under warranty and new replacement is just around the corner. But sometimes, you have to take an extra risk to avoid 'long cue' and 'unknown risks'...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by joshua_sx1; 05-01-15 at 11:13 PM.
    05-01-15 10:48 PM