11-24-14 07:07 PM
33 12
tools
    Are you paying for insurance through them? If so I would contact them to see what device they are insuring. Not sure if they use Asurion as well. When you got your nano-sim, did they use the IMEI number from the Passport? I actually brought the box with me to AT&T and they scanned the number right off the box. I would find out. Easiest way would be to just give them a call if you have insurance on your monthly bill and ask them what device they are insuring. Definitely worth it to find out!

Posted via CB10
    That's the question I'm pondering. What IMEI they used. I'll check it up tomorrow. Definitely don't want to be paying for insurance for the wrong phone lol

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-11-14 10:39 PM
    That's the question I'm pondering. What IMEI they used. I'll check it up tomorrow. Definitely don't want to be paying for insurance for the wrong phone lol

This is exactly why I have been telling those here to just use the Passport's IMEI number rather than cutting SIM cards, using numbers from a Z10, etc. The Passport has been working fine on AT&T LTE since the beginning of October. Hopefully you get everything in order tomorrow. There will definitely be a difference in replacement valuation from the launch devices to the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 01:41 AM
    Everything but theft and loss?
    That's a bit.....strange. Is not insurance against theft?

Any company cover the theft and loss?
    All insurance policies have their own terms, regardless of what's being covered. There are companies that do insure against theft and loss, but none seem to have the reputation of SquareTrade (not a square trade employee here....just giving my reasoning as to why I went with that particular company).

I've gone through a few of the websites of 3rd party insurers, and it appears that few or none of them cover theft or loss, as the chances of damaging one's smartphone are a lot higher than losing it or getting robbed (with all due respect to those who have lost or have had their phones stolen).

You makes your bets and you takes your chances.
    11-12-14 08:19 AM
    All insurance policies have their own terms, regardless of what's being covered. There are companies that do insure against theft and loss, but none seem to have the reputation of SquareTrade (not a square trade employee here....just giving my reasoning as to why I went with that particular company).

I've gone through a few of the websites of 3rd party insurers, and it appears that few or none of them cover theft or loss, as the chances of damaging one's smartphone are a lot higher than losing it or getting robbed (with all due respect to those who have lost or have had their phones stolen).

You makes your bets and you takes your chances.
    I'll take a look at square trade. Thanks! $600 is a lot to pay for a phone. Unless it made me breakfast. But the passport is different. It was worth the money. I want to make sure I invest in the proper insurance to cover anything that could possibly go wrong with this bad boy.

11-12-14 08:29 AM
    From an insurance company's perspective, the problem with covering theft and loss is the risk of widespread fraud. Covering damage/replacement has far fewer risks. Also, many people misunderstand the motives of insurance companies. From an accounting perspective, when a company sells a policy, most of the money has to be held against the liability of actually spending it on fixing and replacing devices. When claims are made, the company can recognize the revenue as income, because the liability is removed. So long as they have calculated replacement rates correctly, and there is not wide-spread fraud, the insurance company is actually motivated to serve it's customers.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 08:33 AM
    So what the best for the PP?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 09:38 AM
    So what the best for the PP?

Posted via CB10
    From what I've been reading, it's seems to be squaretrade.

11-12-14 09:48 AM
    Has anyone found an alternative to square trade that we can use to compare one with the other? I'm going to look into asurion as I had it previously when I was with sprint. It seems square trade is the way to go.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 07:07 PM
33 12