05-14-15 08:59 PM
68 123
tools
    I wonder how easily u can place the device in the dock without scratching up the bottom of the phone. It looks like it's not really cradle since the ends r open so u can be off target and scratch the bottom of phone.

Also now we just need the auto bedside function found is os7devices.

Posted via CB10
    Bedside mode is there already

1. Swipe down from the top on the lock screen or,
    2. Open clock app, swipe down from the top and click bedside mode

8310 -> 9800 -> 9900 -> Q10 -> Z30 -> Passport ftw
    12-24-14 09:08 PM

Hmm.. he said "auto".
    12-25-14 07:10 AM

Auto as in when you drop it onto a charger, bedside mode AUTO starts. not having to press another button.
    12-25-14 07:18 AM
    Waiting for the Boxing Day sale on this item.

But thanks for posting!
    12-25-14 07:30 AM
    Just got an email from amazon to say mines been dispatched. Will post a review when I receive it.

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154 pin:2BDA5232
    12-29-14 06:15 AM
    Anyone ordered one or already got one?

12-29-14 09:46 AM
    Like you, I've also ordered one from Amazon and got an email today saying that it had been dispatched.

Posted via CB10 on my Passport
    12-29-14 09:51 AM
    Cheers Stephen. Let me know what you think of it when it arrives.

12-29-14 09:55 AM
    I'm waiting for your reviews here. Please tell us whether it can be used with the BlackBerry Hard Shell Case or not. Thank you so much! Happy waiting!
    12-29-14 10:04 AM
    I see BlackBerry is selling a version for the Passport as well as for the Classic (which looks more narrow). I assume the Passport dock would work just as well for the Classic, no?

Hoping another retailer (aka Amazon or Crackberry) will carry this soon as shipping to Canada is ridiculously expensive (around $25).

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 10:09 AM
    I have been wanting one. I had one with my z10. The only thing is these usually don't work with a case.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 10:29 AM
    From reading the product descriptions, it appears both the Classic and the Passport docks are 'modular' and have a removable insert. Someone at BlackBerry must have been hearing community feedback about a dock that can be used with or without a case. It will be exciting to see what the hands-on experience is like for these accessories once they are delivered.
    12-29-14 10:52 AM
    Could someone tell me if this sync pod will be working with BlackBerry Z30? I'm eager to buy it now but not sure if it will be compatible with my device. Thanks a lot.
    12-29-14 10:52 AM
    I want one but would love to know if Slimport would be enabled on this dock.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 10:54 AM
    Waiting on a crackberry review on this pod

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 11:10 AM
    Unfortunately only on shopblackberry US, not in Germany!

Totally sold for one, shut up and take my money!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    12-29-14 01:29 PM
    Ok got my BlackBerry Passport modular synch pod this morning, very nice. So as I have the hard shell on my Passport, it does work with it but you also have a plastic insert which when u snap it in doesn't allow for use with the hard shell. Without the plastic insert it pops in here easily enough.

All in all it isn't as good as the other synch pods ie the bold 9900 which I thought was beautifully designed and had a nice weight to it. The Passport one seems a bit flimsy but it will do I suppose. Just a shame BlackBerry didn't put charging contacts on the bottom of the Passport like they did with the 9900 bold.

Would I recommend it?? Of course, it may not be as nice as previous charging pods but it's still a nice charging pod.

EDIT: also forgot to add that when you put the Passport into the dock, it does not automatically go into bedside mode like the older docks and devices. Hopefully they will incorporate that option into the OS soon so that we don't have to manually put the phone into bedside mode.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Spawn12; 12-30-14 at 06:26 AM.
    12-30-14 06:14 AM
    Ok got my BlackBerry Passport modular synch pod this morning, very nice. So as I have the hard shell on my Passport, it does work with it but you also have a plastic insert which when u snap it in doesn't allow for use with the hard shell. Without the plastic insert it pops in here easily enough.

All in all it isn't as good as the other synch pods ie the bold 9900 which I thought was beautifully designed and had a nice weight to it. The Passport one seems a bit flimsy but it will do I suppose. Just a shame BlackBerry didn't put charging contacts on the bottom of the Passport like they did with the 9900 bold.

Would I recommend it?? Of course, it may not be as nice as previous charging pods but it's still a nice charging pod.

EDIT: also forgot to add that when you put the Passport into the dock, it does not automatically go into bedside mode like the older docks and devices. Hopefully they will incorporate that option into the OS soon so that we don't have to manually put the phone into bedside mode.

Posted via CB10
    Can you take a picture of the pod with the hardshell on your passport?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 10:11 AM
    Just received mine. Looks good, well built.
    However as posted above no bedside clock mode.
    Also no hdmi output etc only one port for charger.

Posted via CB10

Note- just tried it with all my cases:
    Official blackberry hard shell.
    Pdu soft gel case.

Can confirm a passport with any shell/case will not fit at all.

The removable clip thing is very finite, there is 0 gap left at all.
    However you can remove the base clip and use whatever you wish. But its very unstable and the last thing you want to do is break the charger board in the phone.

Sucks tbh having to remove the case everytime. . Also the fact that no hdmi output!

Still well built product though. Will not return it either.
    Last edited by junny89; 12-30-14 at 11:45 AM.
    12-30-14 11:16 AM
    Looks like the same core she'll as the Sony version. From my Sony experience the usb cord is short and the base is flimsy plastic where it should have been done like earlier BlackBerry docs - a nice weighty metal base would have been better.

Looking forward to user reports and buying from crackberry not giving a dime to Digital Sewer if they are selling it.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 11:45 AM
    Okay now which is it? Can pictures please be posted. Thx

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 12:17 PM
    I received mine this morning, but no adapter clip (aka nest) in the box!!!! Anyone having the same issue? It's unusable without that clipping part.
    12-30-14 01:27 PM
    Just received 2 earlier today as well. It's definitely smaller than I thought, which is a good thing. Has a solid feel to it. Came with the nesting piece as well as a USB cable. The only thing I don't really like is that you can't use it with the hard case on, so having to take the case on and off is going to be a little annoying. You could use it with the case on, but you can't use the nesting piece. The problem with that is the phone doesn't sit flush with the charger at the back. Meaning it will put a fare amount of pressure on the charging piece, could cause it to break or damage your phone charging port over time. If you fill the space at the back gap with something I'm sure it would work good without putting to much pressure on the charging piece. That's what I'm going to try anyways. I will try to post some pics.
    the brother and Matt J like this.
    12-30-14 05:45 PM
    Doesn't it come with two different sized nesting pieces?

Passport and 10.3.1.1154
    12-30-14 07:34 PM
    I've always loved desktop docks/charging syncing pods. This one looks pretty nice.
    12-30-14 07:39 PM
68 123