I own the Classic Sync Pod for my (obvious) BlackBerry Classic. Might be upgrading to a Passport. Where can I grab just the module portion of the Sync Pod for the Passport? I'm having trouble searching. I don't need another Sync Pod, just the Passport module portion.

TYIA

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 10:36 AM
    Why wouldn't your Passport fit on the one for the classic?

They look exactly the same, and the side portions are open so there is no width constraint
    06-16-15 10:43 AM
    I likely won't get the Passport until later this week if not next week. So I can't even try it. Wondering if anyone has the Classic Sync Pod and a Passport to see if it lines up?
    06-16-15 11:36 AM
    I grabbed a Passport from a coworker and visually lined up the devices. The Classic appears slightly thicker and the location of the usb port on the bottom is more to the front of the Classic whereas the Passport's usb port is closer to the back of the device. I'm going out on a limb and guess that the Passport will not fit the Classic Sync Pod.
    06-16-15 12:53 PM
    From you description of the charging locations, the Classic Dock may work with a case on the Passport. Hmm...

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 01:13 PM
    From you description of the charging locations, the Classic Dock may work with a case on the Passport. Hmm...

Posted via CB10
    Nice observation. Can't hurt to try. Maybe I will bring the sync pod into the office tomorrow and try out on someone's Passport to know for sure.
    06-16-15 01:41 PM
    Nice observation. Can't hurt to try. Maybe I will bring the sync pod into the office tomorrow and try out on someone's Passport to know for sure.
    I've very interested to see if this would work! Hopefully they're using a hard shell case so it would confirm it for me, lol.
    06-16-15 01:44 PM
    Belkin PowerHouse ChargeSync Express Dock with Adjustable Micro USB Connector for Android Smartphones and Tablets (2.1 Amp / 10 Watt)

I have been using this unit for the past 6 months, works great.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 05:37 PM
    The Passport will not fit with the Classic module. Just tried it. The location of the USB port is too close to the front with this module. The Passport USB port is closer to the back of the device. However, BlackBerry could do a wonderful thing and make these modules for other devices as well. Like a Z30 or even, gasp, a PlayBook. Sell the modules in a bundle. Do it BlackBerry! DO IT!!!!
    BBRYQ10 and sibeans like this.
    06-17-15 07:46 AM
    I have the opposite issue. I have the Passport sync pod (which I love!) and recently got a Classic. The only way the Classic will fit is if you take the Passport module plate out, but doing that puts a lot of stress on the micro USB connector which is not ideal. I don't understand why BB wouldn't have just manufactured a single sync pod and created multiple module plates to be compatible with different devices. Is the only way for me to get a plate for the Classic is to buy a Classic sync pod?
    07-13-15 09:23 AM
    I own the Classic Sync Pod for my (obvious) BlackBerry Classic. Might be upgrading to a Passport...
    I have the opposite issue. I have the Passport sync pod (which I love!) and recently got a Classic.
    Maybe you two could coordinate a swap.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 09:48 AM