Seriously considering a switch from my beloved Passport to a Oneplus 5T.

Anyone here have experience to share?

My family has Samsung and every time I've tried to use them I was confused but..............

Posted via CB10
    01-26-18 08:11 PM
    As a GSXR pilot, I say that you have to remain vigilant in your non-conformity. Don't do it! Keep the most unique phone on the planet. Remain unique or just sell the fastest bike to grace the planet and buy a Corolla. The fact you even posed that question makes me wanna hug my frozen gixxer and passport and then have another beer. Be strong.

Besides I have a Keyone and android sucks. IOS sucks even more.

Posted via CB10
    ZX14R Pilot and BerryRipe like this.
    01-26-18 08:48 PM
    OnePlus has been sketchy as of late... careful.
    01-26-18 08:56 PM
    As a GSXR pilot, I say that you have to remain vigilant in your non-conformity. Don't do it! Keep the most unique phone on the planet. Remain unique or just sell the fastest bike to grace the planet and buy a Corolla. The fact you even posed that question makes me wanna hug my frozen gixxer and passport and then have another beer. Be strong.

Besides I have a Keyone and android sucks. IOS sucks even more.

Posted via CB10
    LOL thanks for the input

Posted via CB10
    01-26-18 09:01 PM
    OnePlus has been sketchy as of late... careful.
    Appreciate the input

Posted via CB10
    01-26-18 09:01 PM
    Appreciate the input

Posted via CB10
    I don't think anybody has said that to Johnny...ever...

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 and anon(2313227) like this.
    01-26-18 09:53 PM
    OnePlus has been having a few security issues as of late so definitely look into those but other than that I've heard good things about their devices.

What didn't you like about the Samsung devices?
    01-26-18 11:11 PM
    I don't think anybody has said that to Johnny...ever...

Posted via CB10
    I'm not the type to fish for compliments.
    Appreciate your input. 😀
    01-26-18 11:21 PM
    And we always appreciate your insightful input as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-18 01:10 AM
    OnePlus has been having a few security issues as of late so definitely look into those but other than that I've heard good things about their devices.

What didn't you like about the Samsung devices?
    I wouldn't say I disliked anything about the Samsung devices but rather I was unfamiliar and didn't know how to navigate them. I'm sure with time that would change.

As far as I know the security issues were isolated to clients financial information being hacked affecting some 40,000 but nonetheless a lesson was likely learned and in this day and age those are probably getting difficult to avoid. That and I don't believe the security breach affected the devices. I could be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-18 02:45 PM
    [QUOTE=ZX14R Pilot;13126369]Seriously considering a switch from my beloved Passport to a Oneplus 5T.

My family has Samsung and every time I've tried to use them I was confused but..............

Posted via CB10[/QUOT

I love my Passport...........................Stick with the T-Rex of phones......................its not dead yet.....WOOF
    01-28-18 08:11 AM
    Seriously considering a switch from my beloved Passport to a Oneplus 5T.

Posted via CB10
    I did the switch from a Passport of three years to a Oneplus 3T and it was a little tricky for me. I loved the speed of the Oneplus's dash charging and the speed of the phone, it was amazing but they glass typing.....UGH!
    My friend got the 5T and he also had a Passport that I sold him and he is also having the same debate about the keyboard. Thank BlackBerry for the software and their BlackBerry virtual keyboard.
    I have to say though that I did have to force myself to stay with the Oneplus 3T cause I knew it was the end for BB10. I'm still struggling and it's like the Passport set a curse upon me when no other phone will do. It's that keyboard, that damn keyboard.... Love it.

I am still dealing with the adjustment of the keyboard but am truly waiting to see what TCL comes out with for their next physical keyboard phone cause I know the future is limited for BB10

Another beautiful thing was the amazing front and back cameras. Wow!
    I can't get over how fast the phone is over all.

One thing you should know is tasks in remember will sync with Tasks in the BlackBerry suit for android. Once you get to android a great notes app is OneNote by Microsoft.
    I think your best bet software wise is to check out this thread :

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-bb10-1114001/
    01-28-18 08:46 AM
    I did the switch from a Passport of three years to a Oneplus 3T and it was a little tricky for me. I loved the speed of the Oneplus's dash charging and the speed of the phone, it was amazing but they glass typing.....UGH!
    My friend got the 5T and he also had a Passport that I sold him and he is also having the same debate about the keyboard. Thank BlackBerry for the software and their BlackBerry virtual keyboard.
    I have to say though that I did have to force myself to stay with the Oneplus 3T cause I knew it was the end for BB10. I'm still struggling and it's like the Passport set a curse upon me when no other phone will do. It's that keyboard, that damn keyboard.... Love it.

I am still dealing with the adjustment of the keyboard but am truly waiting to see what TCL comes out with for their next physical keyboard phone cause I know the future is limited for BB10

Another beautiful thing was the amazing front and back cameras. Wow!
    I can't get over how fast the phone is over all.

One thing you should know is tasks in remember will sync with Tasks in the BlackBerry suit for android. Once you get to android a great notes app is OneNote by Microsoft.
    I think your best bet software wise is to check out this thread :

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-bb10-1114001/
    Thank you Passporter that was actually the first informative post based on real world experience.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-18 09:18 AM
    As far as I know the security issues were isolated to clients financial information being hacked affecting some 40,000 but nonetheless a lesson was likely learned and in this day and age those are probably getting difficult to avoid. That and I don't believe the security breach affected the devices. I could be wrong.
    There was that but also the two issues here that impacted devices,

https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/14/...oor-on-phones/
    01-28-18 10:34 AM
    There was that but also the two issues here that impacted devices,

https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/14/...oor-on-phones/
    Other than the credit card issue there hasn't been any real breach that has been exploited or caused harm just like with Apple, Oneplus was quick to address the issue. I don't think there is any need to be overly concerned. And as for the credit card issue, well if you didn't incurre the fraudulent charges then the credit card companies cover it so again no worries. Every company experiences a security alert on their software. Nothing new here
    01-28-18 11:05 AM
    Thank you Passporter that was actually the first informative post based on real world experience.

Posted via CB10
    I haven't yet tried the new BB10 launcher for Android but it looks like fun. Right now I am using Nova Launcher and have setup HUB launching with double tap, recent apps by swipe up, Google now or search with tap and swipe up. Home button hold also for recent apps.
    And a good choice would to get a ring for the case. Went with black case and did the red and black them on the Oneplus
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 01-28-18 at 12:42 PM.
    01-28-18 11:13 AM