I was never really excited about the passport because of its size. I am a fan of small devices like the Q10 or the iPhone 4. But when it finally launched I started to get interested and wanted to give it a fair chance. Afterall a lot of people wrote that after the initial problems with the size they started to love it. So I hoped the same would happen to me.

I have been using it for 3 days now and I really enjoy the experience. I love the display and the touch keypad. The square format is really useful for webbrowsing. It is also really well built and the camera is the best I have seen in a BlackBerry. Also the sound quality is way better than the Q10. Signal reception is another strong point. While I am type faster and more accurately on my Q10, I could see myself getting used to the combination of virtual and hardware keys even if I don't reach the same speeds.

So this device has it all. It beats the Q10 in every category except one. Since the Q10 is so small it is perfect for one handed use and I noticed whenever I am walking around trying to use the passport with one hand is really difficult. If I only have one hand free and need to make a quick reply the Q10 just does it easily while it's a huge pain with the passport. I am 188cm tall and have average hand size, so it's probably easier with larger hands.
    My hands also get tired really quickly while typing on the passport. Something I never had problems with on the Q10. It is probably because of the weight balance and the pressure needed to push the buttons.

So with a tear in my eyes I'll send this lovely piece of hardware back.

Sent from my Passport
    Last edited by buu511; 10-08-14 at 11:36 AM.
    tjodalv, joewoo, buburimbu and 1 others like this.
    10-08-14 10:29 AM
    That's too bad. I have heard rumours on this site that BB might be coming out with a smaller version of the Passport sometime next year. Keep an eye out!

JB
    10-08-14 10:41 AM
    Maybe sell it instead of sending it back. You'd definitely get your money back and you'd be helping someone out. Win-win
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-08-14 10:43 AM
    I'll buy it
    10-08-14 10:44 AM
    Yeah, don't return it. Sell it. So many are waiting for this device. Why not help people out?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 10:50 AM
    I wish I could get your passport here.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 10:51 AM
    Instead of sending it back to the shop why don't you sell it to fellow Crackberry members here. People here have been frustrated getting their hand on one
    bull_thumper and Andy_bb_king like this.
    10-08-14 11:02 AM
    so you make a post saying you took a spot that other people are dieing to get in on? and you decided to steal a spot knowingly that you'd **** this spot away? what kind of attitude is that, this is truly amazing.
    10-08-14 11:03 AM
    Didn't steal anyone's spot. Here in Germany it is available on amazon.de. People just don't order it because the price at 650? is quite high. If any German wants to have mine I would help him out of course!

If I liked it 100% I would have kept it.

Sent from my Passport
    10-08-14 11:08 AM
    so you make a post saying you took a spot that other people are dieing to get in on? and you decided to steal a spot knowingly that you'd **** this spot away? what kind of attitude is that, this is truly amazing.
    It's your first post, welcome!

He just wanted to try the phone out. Unfortunately, there are no stores to do that at. Glad he at least tried it out. OP, you're probably better of with the Classic then.
    10-08-14 11:09 AM
    I think I'm on the same boat as you.... while the wideness is nice... I think it's overkill for me... the Q10 is 90% what the passport is with the advantage of its size... I like to be moving around while responding to messages, and not having to stop in the middle of what I'm doing... I can see if you have a desk job, this phone is more manageable... I'm constantly on my feet....

I won't return the passport, I will most likely help a crackberry member out and sell it on the forum sometime in the near future....
    10-08-14 11:15 AM
    Wow, I like the enthusiasm I'm seeing here. Despite the fact you had your reservations before ordering one you were still intrigued enough to try it out. And, that's not to mention the 5 people who posted saying they would take it off your hands.
    10-08-14 11:26 AM
    It's your first post, welcome!

He just wanted to try the phone out. Unfortunately, there are no stores to do that at. Glad he at least tried it out. OP, you're probably better of with the Classic then.
    This is why we have no other information on Classic. I guess it will be a much more "normal" and useful device respect Passport. The Passport is only a "declaration". The real thing will/could be Classic.
    10-08-14 01:24 PM
    Two handed use on the passport keeps me from texting and driving. So I'm keeping it LOL. There are way too many positives with this device that completely out weigh any negatives. To me this has been by far the best mobile device I have ever had. BBRY did a fantastic job.
    10-08-14 01:33 PM
    Instead of sending it back to the shop why don't you sell it to fellow Crackberry members here. People here have been frustrated getting their hand on one
    ...and sending it back gives the carriers justification for not selling BlackBerry products on the basis of returns.

However it is a tough call as I do realize that it is more of a hassle and you might take a small financial loss.
    10-08-14 01:34 PM
    What is even more amazing is this bizarre post of yours.
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-08-14 01:54 PM
    There are going to be returns. EVERY device has returns.

Looks like the OP gave it a fair shot. For him, the size doesn't work and he's entitled to make that call.

Part of what I really admire about the Passport is that it clearly wasn't designed to please everyone.

Posted via CB10
    LordCrankypants and Naeg1995 like this.
    10-08-14 02:04 PM
    Yes a bigger screen size versus one-handed use is always a trade off.

I went from my small Bold 9900 to the BlackBerry Passport. It's only been 24 hours but I dont miss the one handed use yet. Having the larger screen is awesome. Im sure there will be times that I do. But then I also remember wishing many times that my 9900 had a larger screen.

Im loving the Passport's unique wide screen square shape. The build quality on the passport is spectuclar.
    10-08-14 02:15 PM
    Didn't steal anyone's spot. Here in Germany it is available on amazon.de. People just don't order it because the price at 650? is quite high. If any German wants to have mine I would help him out of course!

Sent from my Passport
    To bad, i'm from Belgium...
    Not that far away.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 02:18 PM

Sent from my Passport
    I am a little curious, though. If you really "Weren't that excited" about the Passport and found he price to be "quite high"... why did you buy it, exactly?

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    10-08-14 08:00 PM
    Because of all the reports that people love the passport despite the size. So I thought I might like it too and I really do! If there was a way to try it out in a shop I would have done that first.

Sent from my Passport
    10-09-14 02:51 AM
    Just try the nobiggie finger strap for your passport. It may work for you. A simple solution for a BIG problem. And I'm a former user soon to current user when I get my hands on a Passport!!! I'm not a newbie, Crackberry!!!!!!! I owned the Storm2!! You got to be an addict if you had it for years like I did! LOL!
    10-09-14 10:05 PM
    I don't think 3 days is enough to become adjusted to the keyboard.
    Just keep the phone dude.

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    10-09-14 11:18 PM
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the fact that you can try electronics and get your full money back if you don't like it.
    Umaima_B_Dia and Thrac Dark like this.
    10-09-14 11:19 PM
    Passport has been garnering lots of attention from non BlackBerry people and makes the statement that BlackBerry is still around.

Virtually no one cared, or quickly dismissed, when the Q10, etc came out.

The Classic will be the big cash cow I think, in bringing on lots of bbos users, which make up the majority of BlackBerry's user base.

But the real drive for growth has got to come from devices like the Passport that generate buzz, that are innovative, and this attention it draws is KEY, because BlackBerry 10 is at a ley stage now, where people exposed to it will be impressed by just how underrated it actually is - its come a long long way from 10.0 and many of the initial reviews were justified...

10.3.1, Blend, legacy short-cuts - BlackBerry is ready for prime time.

#Q10 #Gold #LimitedEdition #CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    10-09-14 11:42 PM
41 12