Does it? Is there a way to get wireless charging on your passport?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 08:22 AM
    As for as I know only AT&T version of BlackBerry Passport and BlackBerry Classic have wireless charging.

Via BlackBerry Classic OS. 10.3.1.2267 on Blazing Fast T-Mobile 4GLTE.
    03-14-15 08:32 AM
    As long as wireless charging keeps being implemented as a differentiator gimmick that's only offered on specific models/variants and carrier exclusives, I will continue to think of it as a completely worthless technology that I can't take seriously.

To me, it won't take off until its offered on every device. (Or even just every variant of a device.)
    toobs623 and CmdrStraker like this.
    03-14-15 09:44 AM
    Just don't understand why the heck did not BB include qi charging to all Classic models. Why just AT&T?
    03-14-15 09:50 AM
    Wireless charging still has a long way to go.

Though very convenient, it is just taking too long to charge compare to the regular wire rapid charge.

Good for overnight, very bad for daily use.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    03-14-15 12:41 PM
    Wireless charging is no gimmick. It's great when I can just throw my phone down on a pad than having to hunt for the micro USB port. I have charging pads everywhere for the past couple years; it's convenient.

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    03-14-15 02:10 PM
    Just don't understand why the heck did not BB include qi charging to all Classic models. Why just AT&T?
    Two factors: Cost and size. It may not cost a whole lot to include wireless charging, but it does cut into profits. Then it adds to the thickness of a device.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 02:12 PM
    So is AT&T classic more thick then other world Classic?
    sleipnir8legged likes this.
    03-15-15 04:25 AM
    So is AT&T classic more thick then other world Classic?
    I do not know about the Classic. According to the Blackberry web site, the Passport's sizes are different for the AT&T one. The AT&T Passport has a height of 5.16in (131mm), and non AT&T 5.04in (128mm). I have not cracked open a Passport to see whether Blackberry put the electricals on top and just the Qi receiver on the back. Samsung and Motorola the wireless charging on the back on top of the battery, thus making phones thicker.
    03-15-15 07:45 AM
    Wireless charging still has a long way to go.

Though very convenient, it is just taking too long to charge compare to the regular wire rapid charge.

Good for overnight, very bad for daily use.

Posted via CB10
    I was thinking about getting one but if it takes so long I'll pass, Thanks
    03-15-15 07:49 AM
    Yop, you need to go with an AT&T unit if you need wireless charging
    03-15-15 05:58 PM
    Wireless charging is fantastic. Much easier phone access, no cords to deal with. Slightly slower than regular charging but much more convenient. Worth trying for sure.

Posted via CB10
    quangtran1 and xandros9 like this.
    03-19-15 01:26 AM
    I was happily surprised that my new AT&T PP supports wireless charging as I didn't know when I ordered it. I tried my old Nokia Lumia charging pad and it works perfectly.
    03-19-15 03:51 AM
    That's a nice surprise to have!
    Welcome to CB, you will love your new BB Passport!
    03-19-15 07:08 AM
    I was happily surprised that my new AT&T PP supports wireless charging as I didn't know when I ordered it. I tried my old Nokia Lumia charging pad and it works perfectly.
    Will wireless charging on the AT&T BlackBerry Passport work with a phone case?

-- BlackBerry Passport
    03-22-15 03:49 AM

-- BlackBerry Passport
    Most likely, as long as the case's back isn't metal. I have the Body Glove case and it works fine. I only purchase phones with wireless charging; if any phone doesn't have the capability, I make it so. I modify my furniture to embed wireless chargers just so I can just lay down my Passport, Note Edge, iPhone on a desk, a night stand, etc. So, my devices get charged with the cases on, plus a sheet of glass or wood between the devices and the charging plates.
    Last edited by quangtran1; 03-22-15 at 07:04 AM.
    03-22-15 06:26 AM

-- BlackBerry Passport
    Just got my Nokia FatBoy wireless charging pillow. Works great with my AT&T PP with body glove case. No more fumbling in the dark for the charging cable when I'm going to bed

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    xandros9 and Zeratul57 like this.
    03-23-15 08:10 PM

-- BlackBerry Passport
    Maybe. I had instant luck with the Samsung Wireless Charger (it's a round disc) while leaving my Body Glove on the Passport; however, prior to paying more for that Qi charger, I tried a Raynic that I liked not only for the price-point but also the pass-through USB ports, and it would only charge if I removed my case. Not much convenience if I have to do that, not to mention the harm to the case.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 12:38 PM
    So...The chances that one of the companies who makes the aftermarket QI wireless charging inserts, like the one I got for my note 4, is just a dream? My passport will not charge. And a I have a simple theory that would make this happen.
    A thin coil that would basically adhere to the battery, (after a minor disassembly-7 Screws), and act as a coupler of sorts....the battery flex connects to the coil...the coil would then connect to the mobo where the battery would normally connect.
    10-05-16 10:15 AM