You just said map. What Map app are you using? Google Maps or Blackberry Maps? it would seem odd that you lost signal for maps, but still had enough data coverage to hotspot to 6Plus. Seems weird.
    06-29-16 09:34 AM
    Honestly if you are going to be traveling in the country, you better just break down and buy a horse. Horses run on grass, Fords run on gas. It's a design flaw Ford needs to deal with. The Ford user should not have to consider how to power the Ford, the Ford should do it itself. Like the horse.

Posted via CB10
    You seen the price of grass lately - and how many miles per toke do you expect to get - c'mon man be serious
    06-29-16 09:59 AM
    I keep seeing lots of strange HTML mixed with links to crappy GIF files on this conversation.

That's kinda ruining the entertainment value.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    06-29-16 10:08 AM
    With no update of late my passport have been showing signs of slowing down the browser is very sluggish what now Mr Chen.

Posted via CB10
    If I had a significant slow down I would reload the OS. This happens on personal computers too since forever. Or you could buy a SE if you don't already have one.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    anon(55900) likes this.
    06-29-16 10:13 AM
    Try driving south in future, see if that fixes things.
    anon(9353145) and Zeratul57 like this.
    06-29-16 10:56 AM
    Mine was acting buggy an would constantly freeze. Did a hard reset and cleared the cache from snap app and it's running better than ever now. Only issue I'd say is when I'm on a call the sensor isn't working so the screen doesn't turn off automatically anymore for some reason

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 11:02 AM
    I am done with passport. Thanks. Today it extremely disappointed on map while traveling north and map stopped working. So I had to turn on Hotspot and use friend's iphone 6.

Really thinking to change device, any suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely it sounds like your carrier dropped the signal, you were in, "enter ur carrier name here" lack of service area. Did u look at your bars?
    06-29-16 12:26 PM
    Bars" THey Got BArs???
    I don't know!!
    Personally, I won't be impressed with mobile technology until I can download food!

I can't do that on my Passport!
    Oh Hell! my Passport Sucks!!
    06-29-16 12:49 PM
    Absolutely it sounds like your carrier dropped the signal, you were in, "enter ur carrier name here" lack of service area. Did u look at your bars?
    Could be carrier bands? Maybe the iPhone 6 was a different provider? Oh OP, where have you gone, we have so many questions! Send a carrier pigeon with an update if your Passport can't connect to the Internets or we'll worry that you're lost somewhere in 'the North'...

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 01:27 PM
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/54700890

Local map, no data, just GPS. BB10 Native.

Or just get rid of your Passport and buy something else if you don't like it. If you're a pkb fan, you're stuck with BlackBerry. Otherwise do some research on cell tower reception for your corner of the world and find a device best suited to your area I guess or a phone that's highly rated for antenna.

Posted via CB10
    Good recommendation - this app gets 9.5 out of 10 stars from me (it's sometimes a little hazy on very little roads).
    06-29-16 01:49 PM
    Good recommendation - this app gets 9.5 out of 10 stars from me (it's sometimes a little hazy on very little roads).
    Yeah, it's pretty good, especially if you go out of country and don't want to use a lot of roaming data. Agreed on little roads, and also on new subdivisions that pop up, can be a little dicey there.

Of course the iOS and Android version is more up to date - Navmii.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-29-16 02:17 PM
    Well did you tried Navigon USA? It has offline maps and it works on BBP.
    06-29-16 04:13 PM
    I have to side with the OP. I made an unplanned detour on a trip yesterday, in an unfamiliar territory (Santa Cruz, CA and beyond), and poor old BlackBerry maps just couldn't figure out how to get me home. I had to go back to actually watching signs and figuring it out!
    AT&T/T-Mobile? Sprint? I've used BB maps in the Santa Cruz area with no problems on big red.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    06-29-16 04:33 PM
    I use Nav Free maps on my passport. Works good.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 08:05 PM
    I've never had any problems with map I live in Texas maybe that matters I go between my passport and priv but I love my passport

Posted via CB10
    sesp9 likes this.
    06-30-16 10:14 PM
    I used my native map app today for a meeting in downtown Houston without any issues. I'm with at&t. Coverage is good throughout Houston for the most part. Maybe try experimenting by using a friend's Sim card from another GSM network and test out the GPS.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 11:11 PM
    OK GUYS!
    I'm pretty sure the OP get's the message.
    I"m the last person to stop anyone from having fun but it's just NOT cool to make fun of anyone personally.

Remember.... there was a time that YOU didn't know much about mobile devices and had to ask questions or got a bit crazy, too.

How about we give this guy a break? It only hurts us in the end because we could lose the OP to another platform just because you made him feel worse than he already feels.
    Gets
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    07-03-16 11:40 PM
    Gets
    Hey... CHECK THIS OUT!
    I've got my own personal spell checker.!

I think the message that Andy is trying to convey here is, if you don't have anything intelligent to add to the conversation find something you can use to put down the person instead.

Andy, thanks for pointing out my spelling error, But I think I can make it without you from here... so, YOU'RE FIRED!
    07-04-16 12:19 AM
    I keep seeing lots of strange HTML mixed with links to crappy GIF files on this conversation.

That's kinda ruining the entertainment value.

Posted via CB10
    That's a problem with the APP. It's been on the fix it list for sometime now. The gif files may not be to your personal liking but that doesn't make them crappy. It only makes for a crappy attitude!
    (in my crappy opinion, of course)
    07-04-16 12:28 AM
    That's a problem with the APP. It's been on the fix it list for sometime now. The gif files may not be to your personal liking but that doesn't make them crappy. It only makes for a crappy attitude!
    (in my crappy opinion, of course)http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0354.gif
    No, they're crappy. Trust me.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 05:57 AM
    Originally Posted by Lostboy5151
    That's a problem with the APP. It's been on the fix it list for sometime now. The gif files may not be to your personal liking but that doesn't make them crappy.

No, they're crappy. Trust me.

Posted via CB10
    Trust YOU???
    I couldn't possibly..... I mean, first I trust you, then along the way we become friends and start to agree about the same things and these threads start to become boring because everyone starts to agree with us and before you know it, all we have left is positive threads with nothing to debate about and, well.....we just can't have that!

So, NO! I don't agree with you. I stand by what I said! They're NOT crappy, Trust me!!!
    07-05-16 11:45 AM
    Stop using the lame BlackBerry Maps!

Simply download the Waze app from the Amazon app store and make your life simpler...#ifyourereadingthisitstoolate

Via-Blackberry Passport Silver Edition
    07-05-16 11:37 PM
    I'll do you a solid. I'll take that troublesome Passport off your hands for $20. Don't thank me, I just want to help.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 01:16 AM
73 123