You guys are too funny!

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    Actually meet up with friends in person at a pub and fill them in on what's been happening in my life, places I've been, interesting meals I've had and my political views on the hot potato issue of the day...

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    06-28-16 01:13 PM
    OK GUYS!
    I'm pretty sure the OP get's the message.
    I"m the last person to stop anyone from having fun but it's just NOT cool to make fun of anyone personally.

Remember.... there was a time that YOU didn't know much about mobile devices and had to ask questions or got a bit crazy, too.

How about we give this guy a break? It only hurts us in the end because we could lose the OP to another platform just because you made him feel worse than he already feels.
    06-28-16 01:49 PM
    OK GUYS!
    I"m the last person to stop anyone from having fun but it's just NOT cool to make fun of anyone personally.

Remember.... there was a time that YOU didn't know much about mobile devices and had to ask questions or got a bit crazy, too.

How about we give this guy a break? It only hurts us in the end because we could lose the OP to another platform just because you made him feel worse than he already feels.
    I'm not making fun of the OP, just having fun. I answered first with a serious suggestion, now I'm just amusing myself. And who doesn't love amusing themselves... lol.

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    06-28-16 01:56 PM
    Instead of the OP saying the Passport sucks, the OP could of asked how to resolve the GPS issue and would of received informative answers. The Passport does not suck and it is an excellent communication device and it takes care of business...

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) and LG8 like this.
    06-28-16 02:06 PM
    I am done with passport. Thanks. Today it extremely disappointed on map while traveling north and map stopped working. So I had to turn on Hotspot and use friend's iphone 6.

Really thinking to change device, any suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    With no update of late my passport have been showing signs of slowing down the browser is very sluggish what now Mr Chen.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    06-28-16 02:13 PM
    Instead of the OP saying the Passport sucks, the OP could of asked how to resolve the GPS issue and would of received informative answers. The Passport does not suck and it is an excellent communication device and it takes care of business...

Posted via CB10

I love my Passport, too.
    It's just been my experience here, for the past many years that the first thing people do is blame whatever issue they have ,on the device.
    It also seem (imo) that those people must have been out the day others were taught how to communicate with people.

IN fact it,it was most likely his parents fault. That's what it always come down to. The parents.
    I mean, the only thing I learned in school was to Shut up, turn around, spit out the gum, and directions to the principals office.So, I can't blame it on his schooling!!

06-28-16 02:17 PM
    With no update of late my passport have been showing signs of slowing down the browser is very sluggish what now Mr Chen.

Posted via CB10
    What Now???
    When is the last time you rebooted your device???
    06-28-16 02:20 PM
    The biggest problem people have with their devices..... The reason most people have issues is because they are too lazy to READ THE MANUAL, USE THE HELP APP or SEARCH for the answer.
    It's all there right on your device. EVERYTHING you could possibly want to know is right at you fingertips. Easy to understand explanations, even video tutorials.
    akshay_neudigit likes this.
    06-28-16 02:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Have you gone into the Browser settings and then under Privacy and Security tried clearing out your history, cookies and "other data"?

If performance in general is sluggish you can try backing up all your important data and run the 2876 autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 02:28 PM
    What happens when some nations satellite killers shoot down north American satellites? The Chinese and the Russians have these weapons. What in the hell will you do then?
    Or what happens when solar flares cause enough electromagnetic radiation to knock out all electronic devices on earth? How will you Uber to the grocery store when you run out of milk?!?!
    to boldly go likes this.
    06-28-16 02:39 PM
    Originally Posted by Zeratul57
    What happens when some nations satellite killers shoot down north American satellites? The Chinese and the Russians have these weapons. What in the hell will you do then?
    Or what happens when solar flares cause enough electromagnetic radiation to knock out all electronic devices on earth? How will you Uber to the grocery store when you run out of milk?!?!

The problem with having THIS kind of fun and using bad language is that they DON'T give out awards for being funny at someone else's expense.
    Instead, they give out infractions.

If they gave out awards for "funny" I'd have them all.
    (I have the infractions to prove it.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH GUYS .THIS THREAD WILL NO DOUBT BE SHUT DOWN ANY MINUTE!
    06-28-16 02:59 PM
    Originally Posted by Zeratul57 http://forums.crackberry.com/images/...post-right.png

The problem with having THIS kind of fun and using bad language is that they DON'T give out awards for being funny at someone else's expense.
    Instead, they give out infractions.

If they gave out awards for "funny" I'd have them all.
    (I have the infractions to prove it.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH GUYS .THIS THREAD WILL NO DOUBT BE SHUT DOWN ANY MINUTE!
    Is "SUCKS" considered bad language? I don't see anyone attacking the OP, I'm sure he / she was frustrated by the situation. But there have been lots of helpful suggestions alongside the jokes, imho.

If you think this is bad, don't go near Reddit. �\_(ツ)_/�
    06-28-16 03:24 PM
    Although device based GPS mapping services don't actually use data, at least not enough to be an issue, it does depend on being able to lock onto your data signal so it can track your vehicle. If that fails your GPS will triangulate with the nearest local towers and will give you a rougher idea where you are and where you're going. If you lose contact with your carrier altogether the GPS won't have a clue where you are nor where to send you. I've actually found BB Maps to be extremely helpful and accurate but if I know if I'm going to be in an area my carrier doesn't have a lot of coverage I use my old beaten up Garmin as a back up. As some others have suggested before, you can download maps to be used offline as an option but blaming BlackBerry for what clearly is a carrier issue isn't going to get you anywhere.
    Not really true. No data connection is needed to track the location of your device. A data connection only speeds up the initial lock. GPS alone will provide that, to within 3.5 meters if your GPS only has 3 satellites connected. If your GPS has connected to 6/7 satellites, which is common, then you can be narrowed down to 1 meter of accuracy.

The data connection based on local towers or recognized wifi spots only allows for a faster initial computation of fixation. Once that fixation is accomplished, GPS alone does all the work. Without the data connection, initial fixation is still accomplished, but it may take a minute more to zero in.

Beyond that, all a data connection is needed for is to continuously download maps for a visual representation at the client end if the maps are not already pre loaded.

Your device's GPS has a radio transmitter independent of the cellular transmitter/receiver.
    Last edited by DenverRalphy; 06-28-16 at 03:56 PM.
    06-28-16 03:40 PM
    Beyond that, all a data connection is needed for is to continuously download maps for a visual representation at the client end if the maps are not already pre loaded.
    That's the first thing that came to mind for me. This was a cell coverage issue not for GPS data, but rather the Map data which will cause the GPS app to have no idea where to go next, but it will know it's physical location on the face of the earth and that's all. Not useful for navigation. Either way I think, hopefully, the OP got all this by now. This thread was a funny read though.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    06-28-16 04:45 PM
    If ya can't beat 'em arrange to have them beaten!

06-28-16 06:58 PM
    I'm on Verizon and BB10 Maps consistently out-performs Google Maps in my area.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    06-28-16 07:14 PM
    No issues here must be the carrier.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 08:04 PM
    OK GUYS!

Ah, cmon, cheerful sarcasm is fun for everyone especially when it falls off the cliff! Now excuse me while i go back to reading my favorite thread of the evening ; )
    06-28-16 10:12 PM
    I love my Passport, too.
    It's just been my experience here, for the past many years that the first thing people do is blame whatever issue they have ,on the device.
    It also seem (imo) that those people must have been out the day others were taught how to communicate with people.

IN fact it,it was most likely his parents fault. That's what it always come down to. The parents.
    I mean, the only thing I learned in school was to Shut up, turn around, spit out the gum, and directions to the principals office.So, I can't blame it on his schooling!!

http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0251.gif

Passport sucks now!!-1658107947-bad-parenting.jpg

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 11:09 PM
    I have to side with the OP. I made an unplanned detour on a trip yesterday, in an unfamiliar territory (Santa Cruz, CA and beyond), and poor old BlackBerry maps just couldn't figure out how to get me home. I had to go back to actually watching signs and figuring it out!
    06-29-16 01:29 AM
    Buy a new carrier signal tower and carry it in your bag. It will provide the best performance.
    06-29-16 01:43 AM
    I have to side with the OP. I made an unplanned detour on a trip yesterday, in an unfamiliar territory (Santa Cruz, CA and beyond), and poor old BlackBerry maps just couldn't figure out how to get me home. I had to go back to actually watching signs and figuring it out!
    hehe buy be maps pro and super streetview haha my be maps pro works wonder... BlackBerry maps is no match to it

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 03:18 AM
    I am done with passport. Thanks. Today it extremely disappointed on map while traveling north and map stopped working. So I had to turn on Hotspot and use friend's iphone 6.

Really thinking to change device, any suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing to do with the device . The coverage may be bad .
    06-29-16 04:38 AM
    Not really true. No data connection is needed to track the location of your device. A data connection only speeds up the initial lock. GPS alone will provide that, to within 3.5 meters if your GPS only has 3 satellites connected. If your GPS has connected to 6/7 satellites, which is common, then you can be narrowed down to 1 meter of accuracy.

The data connection based on local towers or recognized wifi spots only allows for a faster initial computation of fixation. Once that fixation is accomplished, GPS alone does all the work. Without the data connection, initial fixation is still accomplished, but it may take a minute more to zero in.

Your device's GPS has a radio transmitter independent of the cellular transmitter/receiver.
    Thanks for the excellent feedback Denver.
    06-29-16 04:41 AM
    On some carriers, or cell towers, it sometimes helps to set the radio to not use LTE. There seems to be a problem with cellular assisted GPS sometimes on LTE.

You can set it to not use LTE in the mobile network settings, under network technology.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 06:43 AM
73 123