The best way to get the developers attention is to request updates in the review section of most apps in blackberry world. The more we request it, the greater the number of updates will be!
    Get out there and let the requesting begin!
    10-17-14 11:46 PM
    If you care about the app support don't buy a Passport...ever... Even if they eventually add support for some apps, in general they wont

Posted via CB10
    I hope English is not your first language, because this is a terribly constructed piece. I had to read your last sentence three times just to make sense out of what you are trying to communicate, though failed to articulate in writing.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 12:01 AM
    I'm not talking updating existing apps, I'm saying getting some of the major mainstream apps in general.
    10-18-14 12:17 AM
    Not to sound simple here... why not try using the web version of instagram. Even better then the app.

Why be hung up on apps. With this amazing browser and screen, web apps are better then the cut down version.

Really no app shortage if you think about it.

Posted with my awesome Blackberry Passport
    The web version of Instagram is not better than the app because it doesn't allow you to post your own photos. To do that, you need an app.
    Last edited by solitude1984; 10-18-14 at 10:44 PM.
    10-18-14 01:02 AM
    I hope English is not your first language, because this is a terribly constructed piece. I had to read your last sentence three times just to make sense out of what you are trying to communicate, though failed to articulate in writing.

Posted via CB10
    Lol right, I don't doubt you read it 3 times, and leered over it

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 01:02 AM
    How did you get it loaded on your Passport?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry I didn't initially mention that It's the android Bloomberg+ tablet app in that post you quoted, but I mention it in my previous post where I posted a link to download it (post #69 in this thread). After using it, I can say it's much superior version then the basic android one that they decided to post as an alternative to the native one for passport users.

I've posted a link to in this thread in post #69. Download it and try it, let me know how it works for you. Swiping between section is smooth and works pretty flawless.
    Last edited by spiculated; 10-18-14 at 03:16 AM.
    10-18-14 02:55 AM
    But guys, most apps are not correctly working on passport by installed from amazon store:

Candy crash sizing fits not the screen and buttons will touch the playfield.
    Many other android apps installed from amazon or snap cannot handle size of passport or will be closed or crashing.

Flipboard is totally broken and cannot be used:

Passport - Struggling with Apps-img_20141018_114435.png

So iam very frustrated for that.

Chen told, you can use now amazon store for little fun with candy crush and so on. But real life show me other.

Don't catch me wrong, but I want on flight or long ride have some fun with tower defense or similar.
    So I have to carry me iphone 6 for that.

BlackBerry, please fix this gap for us or take google play service on license to get all the real good stuff. The Passport have enough power for that!

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 04:47 AM
    But guys, most apps are not correctly working on passport by installed from amazon store:

Many other android apps installed from amazon or snap cannot handle size of passport or will be closed or crashing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141018_114435.png 
Views:	1894 
Size:	225.1 KB 
ID:	306941

Chen told, you can use now amazon store for little fun with candy crush and so on. But real life show me other.

Don't catch me wrong, but I want on flight or long ride have some fun with tower defense or similar.

BlackBerry, please fix this gap for us or take google play service on license to get all the real good stuff. The Passport have enough power for that!

Posted via CB10
    You know that you can resize an android app by swiping down from the top? The "Zoom In/Out" option!

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 06:37 AM
    You know that you can resize an android app by swiping down from the top? The "Zoom In/Out" option!

Posted via CB10
    uhscale, I recommend you try the resize option, and then restart the app. See if it works then.

If it does work, please let us know, as I've seen videos of users using that zoom-in/resize feature and successfully launching MANY sideloaded android apps on the passport with them working flawlessly.
    10-18-14 09:44 AM
    An alternative is just go directly to the website and it looks good on the PP. You can checkin for your portfolio and watch lists so it's functional as well as an app. The Bloomberg+ is better than the android version app but I expect that since Bloomber presented on stage with Chen that we will probably get an updated app when 10.3.1 appears.

Posted via CB10
    grover5 likes this.
    10-18-14 10:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Better question is, how did you even get Flipboard from the Amazon App Store? When you just open the store, and you type "Flipboard" into the search box at the top and do the search, do you actually get the app listed as available?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 11:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    Flipboard looks great. Just swipe down from the top of the screen, choose "zoom out" and restart it...
    10-18-14 11:30 AM
    I recognize that apps are a good thing and needed sometimes. But when it comes to news sites and even sports I always go to the mobile site. The mobile site is as good if not better than the apps in most instances. I'm saying this as a current Nexus 5 user. My third Z10 died on me so I had to grab something from tmobile that day and nobody carries BB anymore. Anyway, I have noticed that the apps in most cases are just not better than the website. On my Nexus I use the web for news and sports. I initially downloaded the apps but quickly realized they were redundant. And with the passport you have that beautiful screen. Why not use the web for PGA and Bloomberg?
    10-18-14 12:14 PM
    Resize is not really working:

Passport - Struggling with Apps-img_20141019_025505.png

I installed it from snap! Amazon store didn't have it.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 07:56 PM
    Resize is not really working:

Name:	IMG_20141019_025505.png 
Views:	850 
Size:	407.3 KB 
ID:	307180

I installed it from snap! Amazon store didn't have it.

Posted via CB10
    This is mine (installed from Snap), zoomed out:

Passport - Struggling with Apps-img_20141018_093040.jpg
    thedose likes this.
    10-18-14 08:27 PM
    Cannot view link, broken?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 03:46 AM
    Uhscale, close and restart the app after resizing.

Posted via CB10 on my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-19-14 08:38 PM
    I'm just wondering, wasn't Bloomberg one of 3 presenters at the PP launch, who demonstrated how great their apps are working on the PP? And now they still don't have a properly working version for the PP? Strange, and embarrassing.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 02:28 AM
    I am super disappointed in the apps not being optimized for the Passport.

Three apps I use everyday look horrible on the Passport. These are CBC News, Cineplex and Soundhound.
    Passport - Struggling with Apps-img_20141020_003359.png
    Passport - Struggling with Apps-img_20141020_003352.png
    Passport - Struggling with Apps-img_20141020_003249.png
    Passport - Struggling with Apps-img_20141020_003528.png
    Attachment 307618

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 02:37 AM
    This is precisely what happens when your policy on apps isn't to get the developers to add compatibility. Instead, BlackBerry uses an opt-out policy where apps automatically appear on the Passport unless the dev opts out. Guess what that does? A ton of apps that aren't compatible with the Passport are now available on the Passport and they are pure junk.

The other thing is that 10.3 really should have been the initial version of BlackBerry 10 because it would have allowed developers to properly write apps that are resolution independent. Now even the few apps that are in the system all need to be optimized to fit the new display. This is in addition to the fact that going from 10.2 to 10.3 does not guarantee that the app will even run or compile.

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    10-20-14 09:29 AM
    Hi guys I am new here and hopefully I join you guys very soon
    I appreciate if someone can tell me, does these apps works on passport or not and if its possible capture screenshots of them
    waze, 9gag, Instagram, Tango(video call), oovoo (video call), shazam, Asphalt 8

Thank you
    10-21-14 09:13 PM
    Does Instagram apk 6.8.1 I believe the newest one work on the passport?
    10-21-14 09:56 PM
    I got my PP yesterday and for the most part I do like it, although I have to get used to its heft and the amount of heat it generates, even when just checking email (mostly from the top right, I've noticed). My question is more serious though, which is as I'm sure many have wondered, are developers going to be putting in time and money to support the PP with their current apps? For example, SoundHound, which works great on the Z10 and Z30, is unusable on the PP. I would not be happy if that app was one of the ones that won't work (won't resize properly). There are others - Cineplex, TD Bank, etc. that I tried to install and use last night but the aspect ratio was all wrong, so immediately deleted them. I know the phone is brand new but it's a serious question as to whether we can expect any updates for major apps. I noticed even Angry Birds is missing the dotted trajectory lines when pulling back the bird to hit the target, at least on my device it is.

Any thoughts would be appreciate, especially from developers.
    rai187 likes this.
    11-12-14 10:06 AM
98 ... 234